The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ad4m
some schools will be different. i start at 1pm.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right! Didn't even realise there could be different start times. My bad.
Original post by ad4m

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why so early...? Usually, everyone starts around 1:30pm for the afternoon session...
Original post by ad4m

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohhh okk :smile: I thought everyone would be the same haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
good luck for tomorrow everyone! remember to get a good nights sleep, eat well tomorrow and take your time in the exam! if you've put in the hard work, you'll do great :smile:
Original post by Phoebe2108
good luck for tomorrow everyone! remember to get a good nights sleep, eat well tomorrow and take your time in the exam! if you've put in the hard work, you'll do great :smile:

You too! Good luck to everyone!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Phoebe2108

Surprisingly, I am not stressed at all even though I have to practically get full marks for an A* and about 38-41 for an A! I always pictured myself freaking out hahaha! Good luck to you as well :smile: going to have a nice warm bath before bed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 546
Original post by Elliwhi
Why so early...? Usually, everyone starts around 1:30pm for the afternoon session...

idk. i think its due to transport home for some people as the exam would normally end after school ends. some of
my exams are messed up this year. due to clashing a media studies exam starts at 8:30 and my computing exam is at 11:15... strange

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 547
Good luck to everyone, thank you all for posting to this thread. :u:
any last min advice on structuring a formal report? should it be first/third person, personal?
Exam day tomorrow the long wait is nearly over
Original post by suryyyyynn
any last min advice on structuring a formal report? should it be first/third person, personal?

First person - formal
Original post by Waveyalex
Exam day tomorrow the long wait is nearly over

*gulps*

*shivers*

thanks for the reminder, bub (!)
Original post by ZiggyStarDust_
First person - formal

my teacher told me for a report it should be third person ?
*gulps*

*shivers*

doing this last minute revision
Original post by sophie-xx
Does anyone know the grade boundaries who those who don't do speaking?

70 (raw Mark)/ 100 for A*
*gulps*

*shivers*

Best of luck I was in skl today doing the final preperation loool feeling confident
First person - formal

Well, if it's a formal report (allowing for exceptions to newspapers etc.) it should generally avoid first-person subject pronouns and/or employ the passive wherever possible.

That is to say, rather than saying "I have considered...", it's best to say "The considerations [of...] have been duly taken into account", or "In consideration of...", or "The committee has considered..." etc. etc. Avoid saying "I" as much as possible, even though it's you doing it as the writer of the report.

This is really nitpicking, and remember that the writing is only five marks, but it's a good skill to pick up on :smile:

THE VERY BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE!
Original post by Waveyalex
Best of luck I was in skl today doing the final preperation loool feeling confident

you too

how were you in school tho, it's meant to be a bank holiday today???
Original post by TheYearNiner
doing this last minute revision

I can't believe a person with a profile picture like yours replied to a post like mine

unbelievable
I can't believe a person with a profile picture like yours replied to a post like mine

unbelievable

Believe the unbelievable!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending