The Student Room Group

Motivation?

Im really struggling to find motivation to continue to revise for my GCSEs which start in 15 days :/ Does anybody have any tips? xx

Scroll to see replies

Do you have any goals that you need to work towards? Maybe you need certain grades to be able to study certain subjects, or maybe you have plans for university in the future. Getting decent grades is important for that so use that as motivation! :biggrin:

Also, think about how happy and proud you will feel if you get good results! I don't know about you, but the thought of failure often scares me into revision. I've struggled with motivation so much throughout my education and it's left me with regrets as I didn't necessarily achieve what I was capable of! It's a horrible feeling so work hard now so you don't have to feel that way :smile:

It's really not too bad once you get into it, make revision more bearable. Have a nice snack whilst you're doing it, make things colourful, maybe try a bit of quiet music in the background if you can study with noise. :h:

Good luck with your exams! You can do this :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Medicine at Oxford = good job = good money = good lifestyle = no poverty = nice house = well raised children = success for future grandkids etc. :smile:
Original post by Megan.Rose..
Im really struggling to find motivation to continue to revise for my GCSEs which start in 15 days :/ Does anybody have any tips? xx

Results day...
you might as well put the work now? you have a whole summer to look forward to and don't tell me about results day...... I've seen people cry so try your best now.
When I feel unmotivated to revise, I take a break and go on youtube and watch results day videos. There's two main types the people with A*'s and A's and those without a C. It really helps me focus and to know where I want to be going.
-E
Original post by Changing Skies
Do you have any goals that you need to work towards? Maybe you need certain grades to be able to study certain subjects, or maybe you have plans for university in the future. Getting decent grades is important for that so use that as motivation! :biggrin:

Also, think about how happy and proud you will feel if you get good results! I don't know about you, but the thought of failure often scares me into revision. I've struggled with motivation so much throughout my education and it's left me with regrets as I didn't necessarily achieve what I was capable of! It's a horrible feeling so work hard now so you don't have to feel that way :smile:

It's really not too bad once you get into it, make revision more bearable. Have a nice snack whilst you're doing it, make things colourful, maybe try a bit of quiet music in the background if you can study with noise. :h:

Good luck with your exams! You can do this :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, thankyou so much! That has really helped me see what i am striving for, im really hoping to get all A grades so hopefully the revision will pay off! x
Reply 7
dont need motivation just need discipline and a routine, make sure ur doing something even if you cba

a good method i find is pomodoro method, google it and check the wiki page out. it's a great time management technique.
Original post by Wordnerd2
When I feel unmotivated to revise, I take a break and go on youtube and watch results day videos. There's two main types the people with A*'s and A's and those without a C. It really helps me focus and to know where I want to be going.
-E

I might try that, thankyou! xx
Original post by Megan.Rose..
I might try that, thankyou! xx

It's okay, its the final stretch now, WE CAN DO THIS
It's okay, its the final stretch now, WE CAN DO THIS

WE HAVE GOT THIS, are you taking exams too, if so what are you doing?
x
I'm taking my GCSE's and I study; Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Statistics, English language, English literature, Geography, History and French, mine start in 15 days too. What are you taking?x
Watch GCSE Results day videos, always seem to motivate me.
I'm taking my GCSE's and I study; Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Statistics, English language, English literature, Geography, History and French, mine start in 15 days too. What are you taking?x

Biology, Physics, Chemistry, English lit and language, history, geography, french and Art! Literally the same as you ! haha x
Aha, we are exam twins! Is biology your first?x
Aha, we are exam twins! Is biology your first?x

Yes Biology and both french exams on my first day! aha x
OMG same, you must be doing AQA? everyone's moaning how they have 1 exam in 15 days and I'm there with 3 XD
Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah! I'm doing aqa science and for French I think I don't really know but yeah there exams! Ahaa x
Music does it for me most of the time tho currently trying to add to my playlist
Put up a picture of your dream house and then a council flat picture next to it.

Quick Reply

Latest