The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Advisor
Have you been taught by the same instructor during all 7 attempts? If so, that's the reason for your failure.

It's nothing to do with the pass rate of the centre. Centres that have poor pass rates (mostly inner cities) are like that because of the population that keep on turning up there and keep failing. Instructors that use those centres are often quite poor too, but because they cater for a generally ethnic / immigrant clientèle, do quite good business by fleecing their clients, even if their results and pass rates are shocking.

Could be time to change your instructor. Pick a good one and stop using the ones who are cheap or speak your language.

No 4 tests I done with an instructor, who made me do Barking test centre 3 times, I've got a feeling she made me do Barking test centre knowing it is the worst test centre in London. So obviously I fail and she makes more money out of me . I done Barking 3 times after failing in Goodmayes 1 time with her.

Then I changed to my second driving instructor who came from a really good driving school, she told me to do Goodmayes as it has less roundabouts and dual carriageways. I failed again 3 tests with her, each test with only 1 major,

Now I've got a male driving Instructor and Im doing it in Hither Green test centre; he wanted me to do Goodmayes again but I didnt litsen to him.; I'm also going to have 2 examiners in the car..
Reply 21
Original post by Bubble_10
What things are you failing the test on?

so many different things,, never failed on my manouvers; just once for observation, my fifth test;, i was doing reverse around corner, i didnt look in the rear view mirror, a car was coming so she said stop stop stop..

first test was i didnt look right when entering a dual carriageway and a car woulld of crashed into us if the examiner didnt break., thats 4 majors first test

second test, the lights changed to red on a roundabout and i didnt break early enough so the examiner breaked for me, i got again 4 majors,

third test i almost passed with 1 major, i was stupid and i was on the wrong lane on the roundabout

fourth test i made an appeal against the examiner, I was speeding up on a bend on a dual carriageway to 50mph, i thought this was ok, but the examiner got hold of the wheel; i got 3 majors this time,

my sixth test, i failed right in front of the test centre on the way bak, i thought a car was giving me way so he breaked straight. everyone felt sorry
The car just stood there; it looked like it's giving me way so I started arguing with him at the end Me and my instructor were talking about it and she said why didn't you tell him it's giving you way?

my seventh test was so bad, i was on the right hand lane on a dual carriageway, (overtaking lane) i didnt realise i was going slow and a car behind me was pissed off, it overtook me, i didnt see so she marked that as a major, i got so pissed so as soon as she left the car i swore at her and now she filed a report against me, now DVLA said that I cant book my tests myself no more and I have to book by telephone and hav 2 examiners in the car; im still appealing against it.

8th test hither green is booked
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 22
I want to be supportive, I really do. I'm a pretty supportive person. I would fully support you in booking taxis and getting a bus pass for a really long time.
if at first you don't succeed keep trying until you go bankrupt
Reply 24
Original post by HFBS
I want to be supportive, I really do. I'm a pretty supportive person. I would fully support you in booking taxis and getting a bus pass for a really long time.

Why do you say that? :smile:

It has taken some people more than 10 times to pass theirs.
Original post by amrin19944
having over a year off lessons as well

Seven times?

Bloody hell, for the safety of everybody else on the roads please stop wasting money on driving lessons and buy yourself a bus pass.
so many different things,, never failed on my manouvers; just once for observation, my fifth test;, i was doing reverse around corner, i didnt look in the rear view mirror, a car was coming so she said stop stop stop..

first test was i didnt look right when entering a dual carriageway and a car woulld of crashed into us if the examiner didnt break., thats 4 majors first test

second test, the lights changed to red on a roundabout and i didnt break early enough so the examiner breaked for me, i got again 4 majors,

third test i almost passed with 1 major, i was stupid and i was on the wrong lane on the roundabout

fourth test i made an appeal against the examiner, I was speeding up on a bend on a dual carriageway to 50mph, i thought this was ok, but the examiner got hold of the wheel; i got 3 majors this time,

my sixth test, i failed right in front of the test centre on the way bak, i thought a car was giving me way so he breaked straight. everyone felt sorry
The car just stood there; it looked like it's giving me way so I started arguing with him at the end Me and my instructor were talking about it and she said why didn't you tell him it's giving you way?

my seventh test was so bad, i was on the right hand lane on a dual carriageway, (overtaking lane) i didnt realise i was going slow and a car behind me was pissed off, it overtook me, i didnt see so she marked that as a major, i got so pissed so as soon as she left the car i swore at her and now she filed a report against me, now DVLA said that I cant book my tests myself no more and I have to book by telephone and hav 2 examiners in the car; im still appealing against it.

8th test hither green is booked

So essentially on every single test you've shown a complete inability to perform basic observations of what is going on around you and as a result have put yourself in positions where the safety of other motorists has been compromised.

Please please please give up and start using public transport instead.
Reply 27
Bribe your instructor with sex, that's how I did it, now I cycle to work :u:.
Reply 28
Original post by mackemforever
Seven times?

Bloody hell, for the safety of everybody else on the roads please stop wasting money on driving lessons and buy yourself a bus pass.

It doesn't matter how many times it takes someone to pass, because once they pass it shows they can drive safely even if it takes them more than 10 times.
Why are you being so rude lol
It doesn't matter how many times it takes someone to pass, because once they pass it shows they can drive safely even if it takes them more than 10 times.
Why are you being so rude lol

he needs to put other people down to feel better about himself so don't worry about it and good luck
I have spent so so much money, I feel like overdosing on heroin, im being serious

Don't ask me, I've spent so much money too much,, I am scared to say the figures, my parents, I'm south Asian, they say to me, what's the point in your life if you cant even pass that many times, I just feel horrible,
I've failed 7 times, 4 times in Goodmayes, 3 times in Barking.. Both test centres are just 5-6 minutes away from each other.
I've finally changed test centres. and that b/tch instructor probably made me do Barking test centre 3 times, knowing it has high fail rates.
I should of never done these test centres.

Must resist MUST RESIST

Anyway just try and try again... people have failed more times than that and still persevered and being able to drive. I would brush up on your understanding of the rules of the road though as it seems you are constantly messing up in that regard!

glgl
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 31
Wow thumbs down lol
Original post by chemistrybro
no, as they say: eighth time lucky
Reply 32
Original post by Advisor
Have you been taught by the same instructor during all 7 attempts? If so, that's the reason for your failure.

It's nothing to do with the pass rate of the centre. Centres that have poor pass rates (mostly inner cities) are like that because of the population that keep on turning up there and keep failing. Instructors that use those centres are often quite poor too, but because they cater for a generally ethnic / immigrant clientèle, do quite good business by fleecing their clients, even if their results and pass rates are shocking.

Could be time to change your instructor. Pick a good one and stop using the ones who are cheap or speak your language.

Lol all the instructors I've used speak my language . They are basically my ethnicity Asian
Reply 33
Even Maureen from Driving School passed eventually
Does your instructor encourage you to book your test each time? It seems odd that you didn't know that you have to look right and in your blind spot when joining a dual carriageway? You are checking to make sure that it is safe for you to join it as the other cars have right of way - you can't just force your way on to a dual carriageway. The other thing i found odd was the left reverse, you say you didn't check your rear view mirror? When reversing you are supposed to look directly out the rear window to ensure it is clear for you to continue.

I would get an assessment from a different instructor to see what you need to work on. Your observations are not at test standard, you need to work on this or you will not pass.
Reply 35
Did you crash 7 times?
Reply 36
Original post by SneakyPenguin
Does your instructor encourage you to book your test each time? It seems odd that you didn't know that you have to look right and in your blind spot when joining a dual carriageway? You are checking to make sure that it is safe for you to join it as the other cars have right of way - you can't just force your way on to a dual carriageway. The other thing i found odd was the left reverse, you say you didn't check your rear view mirror? When reversing you are supposed to look directly out the rear window to ensure it is clear for you to continue.

I would get an assessment from a different instructor to see what you need to work on. Your observations are not at test standard, you need to work on this or you will not pass.

Yeah not looking right when entering the dual carriageway, that was my first test, I was so nervous. And also the instructor i had then was sh/t. But I changed after failing 4 times with her.

Not looking in the rear view mirror was my fifth test, this was with the new instructor i had.
Well yes I was supposed to look in the rear view mirror, but I was too busy looking in the side mirror trying to get the car straight with the white lines as I went to wide with my reverse. If I had also looked at my rear view I would of passed with 3 minors.
Reply 37
Yeah not looking right when entering the dual carriageway, that was my first test, I was so nervous. And also the instructor i had then was sh/t. But I changed after failing 4 times with her.

Not looking in the rear view mirror was my fifth test, this was with the new instructor i had.
Well yes I was supposed to look in the rear view mirror, but I was too busy looking in the side mirror trying to get the car straight with the white lines as I went to wide with my reverse. If I had also looked at my rear view I would of passed with 3 minors.

Which all misses the question. Have you been told to book a test by your instructor?
Listen mate, never get p*ssy with the driving examiners, they're doing their job, it may be unfair but it's true. If they let anyone pass, we would all live in a world full of crap drivers with crashes every five seconds. I know it sucks having to fail over and over again, believe me, I failed six times and passed on my seventh, due to stupid things. All you have to do is concentrate on the driving itself, nothing else, if you're worrying and glimpsing at the green sheet of doom you won't pass. Also when reversing, you don't need to look at the same spot all the time, just keep observing your surroundings, including mirrors and you'll be fine.
Reply 39
Original post by HFBS
Which all misses the question. Have you been told to book a test by your instructor?

Yeah. I also wanted to book my tests. We agreed on booking it.

Latest