The Student Room Group

Eddy Currents [OCR B]

Been doing past papers and just general questions I've found; one of the things that always seems to come up is eddy currents. Easy enough, but different mark-schemes and different websites seem to explain inefficiency of transformers in different ways.

What I've got is:
-flux in core
-emf in core
-current in core

then A
-energy wasted as heat

or B
-flux induced in core
-opposes the original change of flux (Lenz's law)
-reduces flux

In the mark-schemes I've seen both come up and using the wrong one gets 0 marks... I'm kind of unsure what to do, write both?
Original post by zackdove
Been doing past papers and just general questions I've found; one of the things that always seems to come up is eddy currents. Easy enough, but different mark-schemes and different websites seem to explain inefficiency of transformers in different ways.

What I've got is:
-flux in core
-emf in core
-current in core

then A
-energy wasted as heat

or B
-flux induced in core
-opposes the original change of flux (Lenz's law)
-reduces flux

In the mark-schemes I've seen both come up and using the wrong one gets 0 marks... I'm kind of unsure what to do, write both?

I would put both tbh, I'm doing A2 OCR B physics aswell and their mark schemes are too picky. So if I was answering that question, I would put both
Original post by SheLikeTheMango
I would put both tbh, I'm doing A2 OCR B physics aswell and their mark schemes are too picky. So if I was answering that question, I would put both

Yeah I've realised thats how the markschemes work now; As long as you write one correct answer you still get the marks unless you write another contradictory answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending