The Student Room Group

I met this guy online and we exchanged numbers...

We spoke on the phone the night we exchanged numbers and I was very surprised about the things he remembered from my profile. I joked about a particular genre of music I liked and then he made reference to it. He showered me with compliments and asked to see more pictures of me. So i sent one of my face, he asked for a full length and I directed him to my instagram, he cropped a me out of a group photo and sent it to me with a lovestruck emoji.

Should I be Cautious of his behaviour or is this normal guy behaviour?

Scroll to see replies

No such thing as 'normal' guy behaviour, we're not particularly robotic.

Frankly, that sounds kinda creepy and/or too much too soon, but that's just me.
The better question is, do you feel comfortable?
Reply 2
He seems a bit full on to be honest how long have you known each other?
See how it goes. he seems keen, but if he makes you feel uncomfy, then not good. btw be prepared for a lot of bs and over the top stuff.
Reply 4
Original post by WhisperingTide
No such thing as 'normal' guy behaviour, we're not particularly robotic.

Frankly, that sounds kinda creepy and/or too much too soon, but that's just me.
The better question is, do you feel comfortable?

I was okay until he cropped my photo
Reply 5
Original post by chikane
He seems a bit full on to be honest how long have you known each other?

I've known him for a week (if that).
He's into you :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by 999tigger
See how it goes. he seems keen, but if he makes you feel uncomfy, then not good. btw be prepared for a lot of bs and over the top stuff.

I didn't feel uncomfortable until he cropped me out the picture lmao. I just thought who does that? Then again I've had guys screenshot pictures they like of me and send it to me, but this seems a little different. I've heard it all, I was so ready to give up on online dating and then he came about.
Original post by Anonymous
I was okay until he cropped my photo

Then tell him that was a bit weird and you don't like it.
Reply 9
Original post by samina_ay
He's into you :wink:

I'm praying he isn't a creep. I honestly don't get that vibe on the phone, but you never know!
I've known him for a week (if that).

I wouldn't have exchanged numbers after knowing him for a week unless we were planning to meet maybe its a one off thing he did with cropping your photo but that seems really weird.
Always be cautious about someone quick to compliment, sincerity has a high price.
Original post by WhisperingTide
Then tell him that was a bit weird and you don't like it.

Lol not much I can do about it now. I just said '' you cropped my picture ''? And left it at that. Thought I was overreacting since I've had guys screenshot my pictures they like of me and send them to me before.
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Always be cautious about someone quick to compliment, sincerity has a high price.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not...... I know some people just compliment for the sake of it, but you just never know.
I didn't feel uncomfortable until he cropped me out the picture lmao. I just thought who does that? Then again I've had guys screenshot pictures they like of me and send it to me, but this seems a little different. I've heard it all, I was so ready to give up on online dating and then he came about.

He might be just a bit quirky and fun. He just might have good IT skills. Sounds harmless at the moment. Dont do anything unless you are comfy.
Original post by chikane
I wouldn't have exchanged numbers after knowing him for a week unless we were planning to meet maybe its a one off thing he did with cropping your photo but that seems really weird.

He seemed like a nice enough guy. Worst case scenario I'd have to change my number which isn't the end of the world. It is a bit weird...
Original post by 999tigger
He might be just a bit quirky and fun. He just might have good IT skills. Sounds harmless at the moment. Dont do anything unless you are comfy.

Lool @ good IT skills. Trust me.. If i felt uncomfortable then I would run a mile.... Ok now he just texted me to say he wants a hug... Erm
I don't understand why he sent you your own picture. You must have seen it before so what was the point of that? If he liked your picture, he could just say he liked it. Why bother to crop it out? You know what you look like so why did he need to show you your own picture.
You could try to ask him more about why he did it.
Original post by chikane

Erm people exchange numbers within seconds of meeting a girl/guy in clubs etc :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Erm people exchange numbers within seconds of meeting a girl/guy in clubs etc :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great to know that people exchange numbers in clubs but we are talking about online dating which the op has met this guy on and only known this guy for a week. I would have continued talking to him on the site before giving my number incase he turns out to be a creepy clingy weirdo which he is beginning to show signs of.

Quick Reply

Latest