The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Uni of Liverpool - LLB LAW (Help)

Is anyone doing a LLB Law course with an optional year abroad/placement at uni of liverpool?

Just wanted information on what its like? Whether you took the year out in a placement or anywhere abroad? What opportunities did the uni give and what sort of things were advertised?

Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'm going to Liverpool in September to do the LLB, I'm also thinking about the year abroad
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by dickinson458
I'm going to Liverpool in September to do the LLB, I'm also thinking about the year abroad

oh thats cool!

the year abroad to china?
yes xjtlu I think its called
Reply 4
yes xjtlu I think its called

yes thats the one :smile:

i was considering it but im still unsure!

what other uni's did you apply to for law?
manchester, Leeds, kcl and john moores, got accepted to all. Quite shocked really as I am studying a BTEC, just hope I do well in uni
Reply 6
manchester, Leeds, kcl and john moores, got accepted to all. Quite shocked really as I am studying a BTEC, just hope I do well in uni

wow well done :smile:

I'm sure you'll do just fineee, just dont party too hard!
Original post by rkuni16

I hope so! Cant promise about the partying bit
Original post by rkuni16

Where else did you apply for?
Reply 9
I applied for

Liverpool
Nottingham
Aston
Oxford brookes
Brunel

Accepted to all also

Where else did you apply for?
very well done:smile: are you studying law at a-level?
Hi guys
I'm in a real bad predicament. I know deadline day is tomorrow but I seriously cannot come to a decision, any chance that you can help me decide between Liverpool and Exeter?
Thanks in advance
Original post by Theblockbuster
Hi guys
I'm in a real bad predicament. I know deadline day is tomorrow but I seriously cannot come to a decision, any chance that you can help me decide between Liverpool and Exeter?
Thanks in advance

I'd choose Exeter if I were you. It really depends on what you'd like to do afterwards: www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf
Original post by Jasaron
I'd choose Exeter if I were you. It really depends on what you'd like to do afterwards: www.chambersstudent.co.uk/media/1067/what_is_a_good_university.pdf

To be honest, post-graduate is what id like to do after
Hi guys
Thanks in advance

Liverpool all the way, the uni of Liverpool set you up for a good post graduate qualification
Hi, I am also in the same predicament with my choices as the deadline is tomorrow!!

I am sure of my firm choice however I'm struggling with picking between Aberystwyth and Liverpool for my insurance. Aberystwyth is more of a safe bet but if I don't get into my firm I would prefer to go to Liverpool however it is the same requirements (AAB). Do you know if Liverpool will be more lenient if say I drop one grade or do you reckon I should stay with a safe bet and hope for clearing on results day if I don't get my firm?
I would say stay with the safe bet, just to be safe, you don't want to be disappointed on the day
I would say stay with the safe bet, just to be safe, you don't want to be disappointed on the day

But if Liverpool do have vacant positions for clearing it will be difficult and a risk to get out of my insurance and by teh time i am released the places may have gone?
To be honest, post-graduate is what id like to do after

I think Exeter is a generally better university in terms of academics. However, bearing in mind you'll have to live there for three plus years, other factors are important too. I've heard Liverpool's a nice student city, but Exeter might be a different experience. Bear in mind that I have no allegiance to either university, but at the same time I'm only telling you what I'd do in the same position, I'm not an expert on academics or anything.
Reply 19
very well done:smile: are you studying law at a-level?

Yes I am :smile:

I'm guessing you also are to!

Quick Reply

Latest