The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

6-8 is pretty good, as long as you are spending it wisely rather than being slow during those hours.

My hours vary heavily, today I've done maybe 5-6 with about an hour to go. Some days I just seem to take a break.
Reply 2
Original post by Silver Arrow
I'm doing about 10 hours in the library daily... Should i be worried?

Not necessarily, I think it depends a lot on how you revise and whether you get much benefit from revising for a long time. I personally find that I don't absorb much material after maybe 6 hours of work in a given day, so I tend not to do much more than that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
It's exam season and i'm doing about 10 hours in the library daily with about maybe 6-8 hours being revision. I'm a little anxious as i got there after and left before some people who were putting in serious time. Should i be worried?

6 to 8 at home
Reply 4
Sounds fine. I did 6-8 hours a day in first year and got a first.

This year though, I've definitely been slacking.
Original post by SeanFM
6-8 is pretty good, as long as you are spending it wisely rather than being slow during those hours.

My hours vary heavily, today I've done maybe 5-6 with about an hour to go. Some days I just seem to take a break.

Well today i did maybe 3 cos the other time was spent applying for placements. I do get distracted easily though cos i always sit in front of a computer.
Reply 6
errr I've done... 0 in the past 5 days :colondollar: oops

Otherwise around 3-4. I'm kinda lazy.
Week before actual exams I work 7-11 with rarely a break just memorising last few bits, I'm like a dead person walking then. Breaks are only for food and efficient relaxation or even a nap.
If an assignment/assessment coming up: Honestly all day, with breaks in between to wee or ****, but I always check over my work and material obsessively
If nothing is coming up, I never study I just try to remember what I just learnt, might look over it or practice real quick before bed
Reply 8
Probably about 6 hours a day, but I still have lectures this week with exams starting next. And I've left revision a bit late :frown:
During term-time I don't do any revision at all, and then at about week 11 (there's 12 weeks in my term) I revise about 9 hours a day until my exams (which normally gives me about 2 months to revise), which is a lot more than most people I know-you sound like you're doing loads of revision, I wouldn't stress about it!
Depends on the person really, some people can learn in those 6 hours what others will need a few 14 hour days to understand. The thing people need to learn about uni is it's more about working smart than working hard or for a long time.
6-8 hours. My friend does 12 hour days but I'd find that mentally and physically impossible.
Probably around 6 - 8 from about 2 weeks to a couple of days before a exam. Then for the last few days, CRAM, CRAM, CRAM!
Like 1 or 2 :redface:
Original post by illuminalien
During term-time I don't do any revision at all, and then at about week 11 (there's 12 weeks in my term) I revise about 9 hours a day until my exams (which normally gives me about 2 months to revise), which is a lot more than most people I know-you sound like you're doing loads of revision, I wouldn't stress about it!

By 2 months do you mean until the end of your exam period, or before the start? :redface:
Original post by Helloworld_95
Depends on the person really, some people can learn in those 6 hours what others will need a few 14 hour days to understand. The thing people need to learn about uni is it's more about working smart than working hard or for a long time.

Today i managed about 7.5 hours of actual solid revision. What do you mean by working smart? Can you elaborate?
Today i managed about 7.5 hours of actual solid revision. What do you mean by working smart? Can you elaborate?

As in being able to quickly identify relevant and more difficult content and how to best learn it, taking breaks at the right time, knowing when to move onto another topic.

Also figuring out how you learn, e.g. a lot of people actually learn more effectively at the last minute because the content sticks in their mind better.
Original post by Twinpeaks
By 2 months do you mean until the end of your exam period, or before the start? :redface:

2 months includes the day of my last exam! :smile:
Original post by illuminalien
2 months includes the day of my last exam! :smile:

Okay that makes me feel better haha, that's very good going though, well done! :smile:
It's exam season and i'm doing about 10 hours in the library daily with about maybe 6-8 hours being revision. I'm a little anxious as i got there after and left before some people who were putting in serious time. Should i be worried?

no thats great it over 40 hours a week which is a full working week so your doing it right

Latest