The Student Room Group

50/50 Liability after minor scratches.

I was wondering if a 50/50 split liability claim will count as at fault on my insurance policy. Also Will this effect my premiums?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes and yes. Any claim will increase your premiums even with a no claims protector and even if you weren't at fault.

Good luck!
Does the premium raise according to the severity of the accident. And thanks for quick reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mehmet_Sarica_
Does the premium raise according to the severity of the accident. And thanks for quick reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I had a 50/50 claim I lost 3 years no-claims. At the end of the year in which I had the crash I would have had 4 but it reduced down to 1. The price was roughly double to renew.
How much did you pay before and at renewal? Was it a serious accident?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, and yes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other party is with the same insurance company as you.
No they are not, my insurance told me. Also how much do you think it will effect premiums with protected no claims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
No they are not, my insurance told me. Also how much do you think it will effect premiums with protected no claims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Call them and ask them how are we supposed to know depends how much they pay out 😂
Someone i know had a fault claim which caused the insuer to pay out £41k they didnt send him renewal invitation so its differnet for everyone :smile:
Original post by Joeey009
Call them and ask them how are we supposed to know depends how much they pay out 😂
Someone i know had a fault claim which caused the insuer to pay out £41k they didnt send him renewal invitation so its differnet for everyone :smile:

****s sake😂😂😂how did he manage to do damage that bad? What did he hit a hyper car?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
****s sake😂😂😂how did he manage to do damage that bad? What did he hit a hyper car?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Motorway accident in a foreign country 😂
Original post by Joeey009
Motorway accident in a foreign country 😂

Oh dear😂 was he alright and how bad was the damage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh dear😂 was he alright and how bad was the damage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah fine his car got written off and damages to other cars etc came to that amount i guess.
Reply 12
To be honest, whenever I have filled in the forms for insurance they haven't asked whether or not I was at fault for a claim, just if there had been one and what the total amount was.
When you switched insurers was the price cheaper or more expensive? And how many claims did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
I haven't switched so far as my current insurer has always been the cheapest option. Just the one claim.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending