The Student Room Group

How do guys act after a break up?

My boyfriend of 7 years just seems to have moved on

He keeps saying he doesnt care..

Im finding it really hard- its been 2 months since we broke up

Scroll to see replies

Well I'm certainly not your ex but after that long he's probably relieved no offense
or he's bluffing, time for you to move on though for sure

Original post by Anonymous

It honestly depends on the guy.

Some guys I know have gone completely nuts after a breakup. They sleep around, no matter how unattractive the girl may be and they get drunk and they go to strip clubs. Those ones are the ones who are normally the most hurt and they try to convince themselves that by filling the void with naked girls and alcohol, they'll be fine. After a while though, the sex becomes empty and then the blow of the breakup becomes a million times worse than before.

Considering its been two weeks, I doubt he's over it. Guys have had it hammered into them that they shouldn't show emotion after a breakup because it's "weak". So he's hiding whatever he feels.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
It honestly depends on the guy.

Some guys I know have gone completely nuts after a breakup. They sleep around, no matter how unattractive the girl may be and they get drunk and they go to strip clubs. Those ones are the ones who are normally the most hurt and they try to convince themselves that by filling the void with naked girls and alcohol, they'll be fine. After a while though, the sex becomes empty and then the blow of the breakup becomes a million times worse than before.

Considering its been two weeks, I doubt he's over it. Guys have had it hammered into them that they shouldn't show emotion after a breakup because it's "weak". So he's hiding whatever he feels.

we do this single regardless of a break up :wink:
Original post by 0to100
well i'm certainly not your ex but after that long he's probably relieved no offense
or he's bluffing, time for you to move on though for sure

loooooooooooool
Original post by hezzlington

that's disgusting
I hope you plan to end up with one of those hoes.
that's disgusting
I hope you plan to end up with one of those hoes.

Errr no. It's not something I personally do.

Niceee
I used to act like a psycho bitch, ball my eyes out but play so cool when he's around like I didn't care. Now I'm the one breaking hearts so it's a lot easier.
Original post by xobeauty
I used to act like a psycho bitch, ball my eyes out but play so cool when he's around like I didn't care. Now I'm the one breaking hearts so it's a lot easier.

How come?

He doesn't "care" because you're still around. It's harder when you disappear out of their life cold turkey. Why are you still in contact with him.
How come?

Because I lowered my tolerance level and doing the breaking up or cutting off.

7 years is a long time. He should be sobering for atleast a year.

Hes behaviour depends on who dumped who and if he was still inlove with you at the time of the breakup or not

Or maybe he went to loveshack.org and recieved expert advices about how he should cope

The number one advice they give you at loveshack.org is to o
Ignore your EX no matter what, even if their parents dies ignore them
. This is known as NC (no contact)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

You can not generalise
Original post by xobeauty

"It's easier to hurt others than to deal with pain."

I feel like there's something fundamental about humans in that .

Anyway; all guys are going to react differently.
You probably don't know what he goes through under that apathetic pretence he puts up.

Maybe he's just trying really hard not to lose it by convincing himself he shouldn't care. Maybe he just stopped caring about everything altogether. Maybe he cries his heart out every night. Maybe he's just constantly distracting himself away from you.

Guys tend to keep to themselves in times like these, otherwise they will just be seen as weak and hopeless.

As they all said it depends and its not gender specific. People react differently. Also depends who dumped who or why you split. Imo it probably started to rbeadown a few years ago, so when it finally happens its due to boredome and he benefits of staying in are less than splitting. thats why he might be less broken up about it. uts better you cut contact compeltely otherwise you just keep it alive and it stops you moving on.

BTW OP give yourself plenty of time. Its a long relationship you are coming out of. Might be at least a year or more, just stay away from him imo.
(edited 7 years ago)
loooooooooooool

Who are you and why do you have more likes just for laughing lol
Sorry OP I read the title wrong.

I can tell you from personal experience what my exes did. He would skip school the days I had classes then return when I wasn't there. So they avoid you.

Another one sent emails and texts over and over.

One hated me even more when I tried to talk to him. So the best thing to do is ignore and move on.
Original post by 0to100
Who are you and why do you have more likes just for laughing lol

So that's your hair do huh lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending