The Student Room Group

IGCSE English Language - Implicit & Explicit

What do these 2 words mean and how can I use this skill in the exam tomorrow? quickkkk help plsss
Reply 1
implicit means that its inferred and isnt a literal meaning.This is useful in question 2 as you can select a phrase or word and describe the implicit meaning
Explicit meaning= the actual meaning. Eg. A man walked into a room = There's a man walking into a room
Implicit meaning= the opposite of explicit. It can have many meanings depending on the person as we all have different interpretations. Eg. The hulk stomped into my classroom = There's an angry teacher walking into my classroom.
Good luck btw
:smile: I hope you guys do well in the exam tomorrow
Implicit means the writer has suggested something, however it’s not clear. As if they are trying to hide some secret of some sought/ give hints on a particular detail. Explicit means it is clear what the writer is trying to convey to the reader.
Original post by TSlayerr
Explicit meaning= the actual meaning. Eg. A man walked into a room = There's a man walking into a room
Implicit meaning= the opposite of explicit. It can have many meanings depending on the person as we all have different interpretations. Eg. The hulk stomped into my classroom = There's an angry teacher walking into my classroom.

Original post by Kawaii289
Implicit means the writer has suggested something, however it’s not clear. As if they are trying to hide some secret of some sought/ give hints on a particular detail. Explicit means it is clear what the writer is trying to convey to the reader.

Ok!! Thanks so much guys!! I'll try my best!! Thanks a lot!! :smile:
Implicit means the real things we write Explicit is the thing we imagean and write

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending