The Student Room Group

STEM snobbery

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Try a STEP paper then. Should be easy for non STEM students
http://www.mathshelper.co.uk/STEP%20I%202008.pdf
Give it a go.:wink:
I wasn't smart enough for medicine :tongue: I actually came across it searching for health professions, I was torn between therapeutic or diagnostic but diagnostics use more machines id be very trigger happy.
Economics is what the real master race does.
Original post by Trapz99
Economics is what the real master race does.

lol.
Only in STEM can objective truth be found.

However, arts and humanities also give culture and organisation to societies. You can't have a world of only science or only philosophy.
You get 2 A*'s in STEM subjects with just past papers and I'll accept your argument
no ones arguing about english lit, history etc being hard... they are core valued subjects... dont tell me media is as hard as physics. Please
Reply 47
Original post by MevMev
mate you need a balance like u can't just be all science and facts and logic sometimes u need a bit of creativity that comes from non stem subjects as well as sciences
as Einstein said: logic gets you from A to B.... imagination takes u everywhere :P

Science in a way does involve creativity (e.g. Engineering and also programming in Comp Sci).
LOL gl doing that for a physics degree
people who say stem subjects are harder to do well in than arts clearly have never had a crack at an A2 german essay :redface:
Original post by kkboyk
Science in a way does involve creativity (e.g. Engineering and also programming in Comp Sci).

She said science and non-STEM.

That Einstein quote is describing how you have to also be an artist in science. The actual quote is “I am enough of the artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by macromicro
She said science and non-STEM.

That Einstein quote is describing how you have to also be an artist in science.

Oh fair enough
Reply 52
That's one field of it, diagnostic radiotherapy. Very interesting.
Diagnostic is all of MRI, CT, X-Ray, Ultrasound and Nuclear medicine, I went for it because how broad it can be, on my observational placement I was in a theatre wearing scrubs and a lead apron and got to see really cool procedures :biggrin:

I do feel that school and college does not prepare students well enough for choosing degrees, they need to promote other degree programs that aren't always in the spotlight.
Original post by Rhythmical
I do Humanities subjects at A Level, they aren't easy but I find on here, if you don't do STEM, you are a failure according to users on here. I feel so inferior. :frown:

If you don't do STEM at Oxbridge with a clean sweep of A-stars behind you then you're a worthless human being in the eyes of TSR. :biggrin:
Original post by JamesN88
If you don't do STEM at Oxbridge with a clean sweep of A-stars behind you then you're a worthless human being in the eyes of TSR. :biggrin:

Ah **** I failed. :biggrin:
Just under half of the people nationally who take A level Maths get an A or above in it. When you consider this, I don't think Maths is as hard as it's made out to be.
Reply 57
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Just under half of the people nationally who take A level Maths get an A or above in it. When you consider this, I don't think Maths is as hard as it's made out to be.

I don't think anyone claiming to be part of the 'STEM master race' would agree that A-level maths, or A-level further maths for that matter, is hard.
Original post by Rhythmical
I do Humanities subjects at A Level, they aren't easy but I find on here, if you don't do STEM, you are a failure according to users on here. I feel so inferior. :frown:

You still doing A levels son. As long as you dont do humanities in uni you're good in life

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jesus_cock_lover
You still doing A levels son. As long as you dont do humanities in uni you're good in life

Posted from TSR Mobile

Son? I am a girl and I want to do Law haha.

Quick Reply

Latest