The Student Room Group

150,000 Polish Nationalists march against Muslim immigration.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Opinion
Two different topics, don't conflate them.

lolololol.

I think I will just let everyone else decide who has conflated what.

You said that I was referring to WW2, when I never said that I wasn't referring to WW2.

you said, that I was talking about WW1,
Two different topics, don't conflate them.

Well, yeh. One is WW1 and the other is WW2.

Make your mind up!
Original post by DorianGrayism
lolololol.

I think I will just let everyone else decide who has conflated what.

Yes, and they will see that you got muddled up with two different points that I made.
Yes, and they will see that you got muddled up with two different points that I made.

Yeh, they will see that you can't answer the question and that your own quotes contradict each other.
Yeh, they will see that you can't answer the question and that your own quotes contradict each other.

The 2 quotes were taken from two different subjects, and are not relevant to each other.
The 2 quotes were taken from two different subjects, and are not relevant to each other.

Err no. We have been arguing about the same thing for 2 pages.

You said that I was referring to WW2, when I never said that I wasn't referring to WW2.

you said, that I was talking about WW1,
Err no. We have been arguing about the same thing for 2 pages.

That is the first true thing that you have said tonight lol.
Reply 187
Original post by simon_g
BS.oh, it's not that difficult. learn the language and culture first.that's independance day march. unlike Britain, Poland has taken over 80 000 refugees from war torn Czechenya + well over 100 000 of Ukrainians (you know- from Ukraine, the country invaded by Russians). so yeah, Poland do accept refugees/immigrants. Non-muslims will assimilate. Nobody has to repeat West's mistake called "multiculturalism".THREAT OF WHAT? PLEASE BE SPECIFIC!!!111ONEONEsay thank you to the idiotic benefit system, created by british politicians voted in by british voters.somehow, other countries (Germany, Spain, Poland) etc somehow manage to get their benefit fair(er)

So multiculturalism is a mistake?

But muslims dont have one culture. Muslim is someone who believes in islam. There is multiculturalism within muslims itself.

Culture is not religion.

So i assume u take muslims more as a mistake for west? And non muslims coming from same culture are ok. ??
I managed to read the first 2 pages and I'm done with you people!
Too many stupid comments "racists", "Poland for everyone" etc.
I'm Polish and this makes me proud. I'm not racist, I live in England for 5 years and the situation with terrorists threatening EU is ridiculous! I'm proud of my country not being freaking pussies but brave people with their own rights and opinions. London bombings from the 7th July 2005. It happened 11 years ago and throughout the next years there were TOO MANY cases of which no one has heard of. What happened you ask me? Weapons, bombs, ISIS fighters are being caught on daily basis but it doesn't see day light of the news.
Us (non-Muslim people) visiting Muslim countries have to follow their laws etc. Then they come here and do whatever the hell they want. What's all that about because it's not 'equality'! More like "come here and take our benefits so we can promote false believes". This world is messed up. Our families fought for the freedom and we don't want any chance of some scumbags harming our families!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by h333
So multiculturalism is a mistake?

Yes and we've known this since 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12371994
Reply 190
Original post by BaconandSauce
Yes and we've known this since 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-12371994

Does that mean for all the world?

So how can we just have one culture in every country for example?
Original post by h333
Does that mean for all the world?

So how can we just have one culture in every country for example?

I don't care about the world I care about my country

No we can have lots of bits of culture that WE choose to have but the dominant culture and the one that does not need to change will always be the one of the country not the culture immigrants bring with them (others need to change to fit it)
Reply 192
I don't care about the world I care about my country

No we can have lots of bits of culture that WE choose to have but the dominant culture and the one that does not need to change will always be the one of the country not the culture immigrants bring with them (others need to change to fit it)

If you don't mind what is the culture of UK?
Original post by h333
If you don't mind what is the culture of UK?

It is all around you

But I don't need to explain my culture to you and it's slightly xenophobic of you to insinuate I don't have one.

Or are you so isolated in your own you are unable to see the culture of the Majority of people in this country?
Reply 194
It is all around you

But I don't need to explain my culture to you and it's slightly xenophobic of you to insinuate I don't have one.

Or are you so isolated in your own you are unable to see the culture of the Majority of people in this country?

Sorry if it sounded offensive. I honestly did not mean it like that.

Basically like would you say how you dress is culture also and how you eat etc.

And tbh yes i live in England but everyone is quite different even those that are originally from here.

Is this ok?
http://m.wikihow.com/Adapt-to-British-Culture

Although i can not go to pubs lol because i do not drink.
Original post by h333
Sorry if it sounded offensive. I honestly did not mean it like that.

Basically like would you say how you dress is culture also and how you eat etc.

And tbh yes i live in England but everyone is quite different even those that are originally from here.

Is this ok?
http://m.wikihow.com/Adapt-to-British-Culture

Although i can not go to pubs lol because i do not drink.

Culture is a rather complex thing and yes not easily dismissed.

But the link is rather twee and a little lacking shall we say on what is British culture

But FYI they do serve soft drinks in pubs
Reply 196
Culture is a rather complex thing and yes not easily dismissed.

But the link is rather twee and a little lacking shall we say on what is British culture

But FYI they do serve soft drinks in pubs

Yes that is what i mean like culture is not very specific even with the same community at times.

Yeah i agree it is quite lacking like not in detail but just searched for an overview.

I am sure they probably do. But i have never been...actually only once and that too where it was more of a restuarant and pub to the corner...but just for a friend that needed to use the toilets lol and would not go alone. And if i did want like say soft drinks then i would go to a normal shop to purchase one if available. But if there is no other shop available and i really need one then i will be allowed to go into a pub for that purpose only i guess.
World War 3
Original post by PrincessZara
My school is like full of polish people and like most of them don't even speak English. You don't see me complaining :smile:

At least they have balls unlike our people to march against things they don't like
Original post by Trumpo Trumpu
At least they have balls unlike our people to march against things they don't like

The Polish are not imprisoned by their own government for loving their country, a big difference.

Quick Reply

Latest