The Student Room Group

Please help in firming university -University of Kent/Central Lancashire

Hello everyone!

I'm an international student and I'm going to study law in UK from this Sept. I'm very confused between University of Kent and Central Lancashire. For me getting a training contract is very important.

I know Kent has a decent rank than Uclan. However UClan has offered me good amount of scholarship and cost of living in Preston is quite low. I could be saving a heck amount of money if I attended Univ of Central Lancashire. I wouldn't mind going for self funded LPC if I attend Uclan (considering the amount of money which I would save if I attend Uclan). I'm willing to work very hard in university.

On other hand University of Kent is slightly expensive.. Is going to University of Kent worth extra amount of money?

I would highly appreciate your responses.
As you say it has a slightly better rep.
That aside you say its very important for you to gain a TC.

Do not underestimate how difficult it is for non EEA sudents to get a TC. It is very competitive for home students. You will need to be outsanding or lucky or well connected. Not impossible, but difficult. EEA student its more straightforward.

If it were me, then id look at the actual £.
I'd look at my grades and see if I could get into a better Uni.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
As you say it has a slightly better rep.
That aside you say its very important for you to gain a TC.

Do not underestimate how difficult it is for non EEA sudents to get a TC. It is very competitive for home students. You will need to be outsanding or lucky or well connected. Not impossible, but difficult. EEA student its more straightforward.

If it were me, then id look at the actual £.
I'd look at my grades and see if I could get into a better Uni.

Thanks for your reply.

Well I screwed up my final high school grades due to personal reasons. Rest I have always excelled in my high school grades.

I'm willing to work very very hard in university. I'm confused to whether to choose uclan or kent :frown: I'm more tempted towards uclan keeping finance in view.
Do you have the right to work in the UK? What sort of TC are you looking for? Do you have extra skills or experience that an employer will be interested in?
I'm not trying to put you off, buyt you should be realistic before spending the money. Kent is ok, but not really a standout imo.

If you self fund the LPC, then think about the chance you will not get a TC or a sponsor. Id look into the possibility of resitting your exams.

I think people will only be able to say what they might do and that kent is ranked a bit higher. I'd be more concerned about after.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending