The Student Room Group

Lovely anti-Trump protesters

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chantalc
The only thing that is irrelevant is you and your narrow views. And your 'question' makes 0 sense, how can you compare both groups when theres only one variable?

Because that is the whole point I am making!

Any normal human being would say that the group with 1 million would have the most terrorists.

There is nothing wrong with a country taking measures to protect itself.
Original post by The_Opinion

Any normal human being would say that the group with 1 million would have the most terrorists.

What is the point your making?! In any group of people there would be terrorists. I'm done with you and your pathetic arguments, you just contradicted your own point.
There will be terrorism in all religions.

I am not saying Islamic terrorism doesnt exist, I am saying its unfair to assume all Muslims as terrorists. Terrorists has extreme views which the vast majority of Muslim's condemn and disagree with

Serious question, how many British Muslims living in British society would be an unacceptable amount? 10% of the population? 50% of the population?

If we consider that, according to the Guardian, 40% of British Muslims support the implementation of Sharia Law in British society, ie, chopping off your hands for stealing bread (some interpretations of Sharia law suggest mandatory genital mutilation too, and this is to add to the 180,000 women in the UK who have already suffered this fate), would it concern you if said culture became dominant in British society?

I don't suppose it would, because you are the type of person who applies morality relative to the identity of the perpetrator - you don't set the same standards for the Muslim population you set for everyone else. You also seemingly derive a sense of moral superiority and righteousness from your viewpoints. However, I'm interested to know what your limit is.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 63
What is the point your making?! In any group of people there would be terrorists. I'm done with you and your pathetic arguments, you just contradicted your own point.

It's a pretty simple point
X=the % of terrorists in the group what is larger
10x or 10,000,000x

Original post by joecphillips
It's a pretty simple point
X=the % of terrorists in the group what is larger
10x or 10,000,000x

Chantalc appears to be some kind of terrorist sympathiser or apologist, refusing to accept the obvious.
Original post by The_Opinion

Don't try to rationalise with the perpetually self-righteous. They place identity (multiculturalism) before principle (opposition to barbarism), and they always will. How they feel about themselves - narcissism - is far more important than the wider ramifications for society.

It's basic social comparison theory - they derive a sense of righteousness from their position in their wider peer group, or among people who share similar views. They try to appear distinctive from this group by being ever more righteous, to the point they reach extremities they can never get back from and sacrifice every principle they've ever held true in the name of some ideology or another.

Not being racist isn't enough for these people, they have to appear to be really, really not racist, to the point they'll gladly justify anything and everything to avoid appearing to be racist (the standard for appearing to be racist, likewise, becomes ever more extreme with every passing year).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 66

Younger women quote- that is what men in general prefer
Rosie o'donnell- 2 people who don't like each other have both taken shots at each other big surprise
Some people don't like seeing people breastfeed even women are these people misogynist?
He said something else against a woman who he dislikes what a scumbag

2nd article - good source by the way someone who doesn't like trump this should be very impartial

Looks can help in business what a surprise
Looks can help journalists what a surprise
Saying women aren't the weaker sex=misogyny now?
Wow he likes a non-pc line in a film

4th article
Not all trump supporters are racist and bigots but many are when things like that are said about Muslims that is disgraceful islamophobia and the point is dismissed

Mentions deporting illegal immigrants the key word there is illegal should we stop people being punished for illegal acts?

Having arguments with journalists is now racism?

And fell for bad stats

3rd article
People don't condemn the black supremacy movement called black lives matter who have successfully campaigned for segregation
He didn't condemn people who he wasn't sure who they were I hadn't heard of ted cruz or Bernie sanders before the us election if I was asked a question on them should I condemn them not knowing who they are?

Someone accuses Obama of not being eligible to be president and he investigated this wow what a scumbag.

Lefties against not treating people as individuals so are they against black lives matter and feminism and all other sjw's who do exactly the same thing, this identity politics is what the left thrives on

Mob justice
Recently the left were attacking some young black boys saying the should be jailed for rape it turns out that it was consensual and the father and daughter were hiding the fact they were sleeping together (the father and daughter weren't then charged with anything as false rape reports don't matter)

I would like the full incident of the Blm protester not something that has happened after whatever happened to start this, but it's a good thing it wasn't a full Blm protest wouldn't want cops to be shot at like in Ferguson.

Once again the full story is needed
What kind of American burns the American flag?! You may not like Trump and you have every right not to but no need for violence or to be radical. Don't like Trump?

Say you don't like Trump and go on with your day. He may be the most racist and nicest candidate running but no need to do the extra stuff. Any American who burns their own flag clearly does not like being an American, and I don't know what Trump got to do with that.

People give too much credit to Trump. Violent people are going to be violent regardless of Trump's words. Those were crazy people looking for an excuse to be violent. Place the blame on the people who did the crime, not the guy who just talks all day bout it. I'm not a fan of Trump but if a child hits another child, is the parent at fault?
(edited 7 years ago)
You may not like the burning of the US flag but it falls under freedom of expression so they aren't doing anything illegal. As for the waving of the Mexican flag, if you're going to alienate people and make them feel like they don't belong then any individual with self-respect will choose not to identify with you. Patriotism of any kind is stupid anyway.

I haven't seen the video but if it's true that people got violent, that says absolutely naught about anti-Trump protesters as a whole. It's not like Trump supporters haven't gotten violent multiple times during rallies.
Original post by CarlTheCuck
The protesters are right to burn the American flag, Trump is a racist

How are those two points related? Even if we grant that Trump is racist, it doesn't follow that they are right to burn the American flag (though they absolutely have the right to).
Original post by CarlTheCuck
What was the last terrorist attack that you can think of that wasn't Islam ?

Depends on what you define as a terrorist attack. In Uganda a month ago over 200 people were kidnapped by Christian militants.
Original post by G8D
Is it not the hispanics who made themselves 'aliens' by going into America illegally?

Even when there legally most are not integrated and many are involved in crime. They alienate themselves from mainstream America and then have the gall to complain about it.

What about the ones who don't commit crime, hmm?
Original post by Dodgypirate
Stop victim blaming.

If you are bullied by someone, its only right to defend yourself

Trump is just a big bully
Reply 73
Original post by Multiculturalism

Yes let's all go pepper spray little girls the bullies it is only self defence

Let's be honest here you are defending people being attacked for their beliefs if a gay man attacks a Muslim you would probably be the first to Condemn them for it even though Muslims say gays are immoral and some even throw them off buildings

By beating innocent voters up and setting light to police cars. OK m8.

Liberals like you are even bigger bullies.
Original post by joecphillips
Yes let's all go pepper spray little girls the bullies it is only self defence

Are little girls bullying you? :rofl:

Original post by Dodgypirate
Liberals like you are even bigger bullies.

Liberals are bullies? Are you serious?

Progressive Liberals are.
Reply 77
Are little girls bullying you? :rofl:

No these little girls are some of the victims of these anti-trump protesters "defending themselves"
Original post by MakeAmericaGreat

It's a foreign invasion

These people are likely born and raised in America but wave their Mexican flags instead of American

What I find amusing about anti trump protesters is ted cruz is far worse and one of them has to be the nomination.

If you don't want a trump presidency they should vote democrat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by G8D
Much like in this country, very few people have an issue with productive immigrants who elect to integrate with the native population/culture.

Then why did you feel the need to generalise Mexicans as criminals in your former post? The fact is that there are many who are hard working, law abiding citizens who are still being alienated by the likes of Trump and his ignorant supporters through generalisations like that as well as other means.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending