The Student Room Group

Unjustified school suspension?

Just been suspended from school for 2 days, have a fairly clean record, with it being exemplary the last 2 years, is there anything I can do to appeal this suspension?
It was for throwing grapes, however there was 8 or 9 people doing it and only 3 of us got suspended
Talk to your student rep and appeal the decision. Not sure what an exemplary record really means much as you shouldnt be getting into trouble anyway. If there were 8 or 9 and they cna be identified then you might stand a chance of getting them suspended instead of having yours removed..
Original post by tiernancusack
Just been suspended from school for 2 days, have a fairly clean record, with it being exemplary the last 2 years, is there anything I can do to appeal this suspension?
It was for throwing grapes, however there was 8 or 9 people doing it and only 3 of us got suspended

I honestly cant deal :biggrin:, what a waste of grapes.

On a serious note; I doubt 2 days suspension is going to matter, and by appealing you will just cause further escalation of a petty situation. It is a ridiculous too be suspended by its just 2 days.
Some schools require that a complaint against a disciplinary action taken, be made within 24 hours from the date of the DA. Therefore, if you are still considering to appeal the suspension then you better do so quickly (that is, if the 24 hour rule applies at your school like it did at mine).

May I ask what the benefit would be of having the suspension removed. I mean apart from maintaining your clean record, it does not impact your university/college applications and after the 2 days are up, it is mostly forgotten about.

It just seems like quite a bit of effort to revoke the suspension, for no real justifiable reason.
Original post by evalilyXOX
Some schools require that a complaint against a disciplinary action taken, be made within 24 hours from the date of the DA. Therefore, if you are still considering to appeal the suspension then you better do so quickly (that is, if the 24 hour rule applies at your school like it did at mine).

May I ask what the benefit would be of having the suspension removed. I mean apart from maintaining your clean record, it does not impact your university/college applications and after the 2 days are up, it is mostly forgotten about.

It just seems like quite a bit of effort to revoke the suspension, for no real justifiable reason.

Had a meeting today, suspensions going ahead, suppose your right just a tad annoying it's a week before study leave just let myself down a heap, but it's nobody's fault but my own
Original post by TSRFT8
I honestly cant deal :biggrin:, what a waste of grapes.

On a serious note; I doubt 2 days suspension is going to matter, and by appealing you will just cause further escalation of a petty situation. It is a ridiculous too be suspended by its just 2 days.

Yeah think your right cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending