The Student Room Group

how do you know a degree is for you??

Im really really struggling to find a degree that suits me!! im 19 years old and I am really unsure on what I want to do???? im stuck in such a rut!!! someone have any advise??
Original post by shanwood1
Im really really struggling to find a degree that suits me!! im 19 years old and I am really unsure on what I want to do???? im stuck in such a rut!!! someone have any advise??

Do you have any interests? Any potential careers you like the look of?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Do you have any interests? Any potential careers you like the look of?

Like the sound of workinh with people one to one or in grpups... to help battle barriers to learning or help achieve their goals. Maybe somerhing educational or therapeutic ... but maybe not a teacher as such

Just go through one of the uni guides and leaf through courses. Think what interests you or alternatively think about what you want to do for a career.

Its important if you pick a degree, then you really know why you are doing it as its going to cost you £50,000.

Start with subjects youve studied and then look at what new areas you can do at uni.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Just go through one of the uni guides and leaf through courses. Think what interests you or alternatively think about what you want to do for a career.

Its important if you pick a degree, then you really know why you are doing it as its going to cost you £50,000.

Start with subjects youve studied and then look at what new areas you can do at uni.

Well i have dkne geography engkish language and art at a level and received really good grades however geog amd english isnt something i would like to persue further so i might think of something new?
Well i have dkne geography engkish language and art at a level and received really good grades however geog amd english isnt something i would like to persue further so i might think of something new?

Literally just go through one of the guides and start narrowing it down. Some topics you wont want to do, some you will be barred from because of your A levels.
I'm in the same position. For me it's between business management, economics or politics with international relations. I want to work in the music business though but it's so hard knowing where to start and which is best doing. Hope you don't mind me asking but did you take a gap year after A levels/BTEC?
Reply 7
Yeah I am on a gap year

Quick Reply

Latest