The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
What exam board is this for? :cookie: UWhat's the exam code?

0522 IGCSE Cambridge
What exam board is this for? :cookie: What's the exam code?

Cambridge, 0522
Original post by Kevin:)
Can anyone please tell me if you lose marks if the summary is too short... I think i wrote just a bit over 100 words

I don't think you would lose any marks unless you didn't include the 15 points you previously listed
Reply 783
Would i lose many marks if i got a little confused and thought that Mr Head won the competition instead of Maria? (I wrote like one sentence about it
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
0522 IGCSE Cambridge

Original post by EnglishExamTomo
Cambridge, 0522

Thank you - is this the official thread? I'll merge if so - that means everyone will be in the same place so it's easier
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mint.skyscrapers
Can we just create a hashtag on twitter to get them to lower the grade boundaries :u:

This or just hope everyone nationally does worse than expected as well so the grade boundaries just naturally go down (although it's very mean to wish someone else did bad as well)
q1) I repeated myself so much! Ugh I hated it and I missed out loads of development.
q2) Fine, until the second part where all of the quotations were awful.
q3) Also quite repetitive, but hopefully I get at least 12 of the points. :redface:
Original post by ellamoon_22
This paper was the hardest ive seen and done. THERE WERE TOO MANY INFERENCES. i started with question 3 which was my first time doing that the points were hard to find and the summary was just weird. Question 1 i only wrote about the first bullet point I didnt know how to word my thing and also I just got writers block. I knew the points but I couldnt write. WHY THE HELL WAS QUESTION 2 SO HARD. I couldnt find good phrases and also the paragraphs were so thim there wasnt a lot of choice

Question 1 looked okay but there were hardly any points. The paragraphs for q2 had barely any words and for q3 the points werent clear
Original post by vasuxx
i died in question 2 omg there was legit nothing

Omfg ikr there was nothing i had no idea what to write
Original post by 0lut0
I nearly ran out of time to complete question 3b. There was 5 more minutes left so I just rushed my points. I pray I got atleast 30 or late 20's to secure that A.

Yeah the exact same happened to me! Had to rush question 3B but apart from that, I think it went okay 😊
Original post by vasuxx
i died in question 2 omg there was legit nothing

I did 4 phrases and general effect, general effect and 3 partly finished phrases. I am an A grade student and I actually feel like I got 15/50
What did you guys put for the third point on Q1?
Original post by 13384
Would i lose many marks if i got a little confused and thought that Mr Head won the competition instead of Maria? (I wrote like one sentence about it

I highly doubt you would but even if you did it would probably only be about a mark deducted off your reading mark
Original post by pugsofwesteros
q1) I repeated myself so much! Ugh I hated it and I missed out loads of development.
q2) Fine, until the second part where all of the quotations were awful.
q3) Also quite repetitive, but hopefully I get at least 12 of the points. :redface:

Try not to doubt yourself otherwise, you will begin to overthink! U tried your best, that's all that matters & you won't be the only one 😊

Cambridge International Examinations, i think its 0500/21
Omf i put one point for a3 and that was to look after mr head in hospital ffs im so dumb im a failure
Original post by 0lut0
I nearly ran out of time to complete question 3b. There was 5 more minutes left so I just rushed my points. I pray I got atleast 30 or late 20's to secure that A.

same man when there was 5 mins left i was like oh **** and rushed summary. no time to check
Hey, well did you actually count the number of words? Because if your writing is small enough, you could hit just about 200 without knowing. How much did you write a4 wise?

I think if you manage to mention all15 points, even though some a wrong, you can still get 5/5... However it says write 200-250 words so im unsure? But let's say you get 4/5, you only loose a mark! That's one of the reasons they recommend us to leave the summary last, don't worry! :wink:

Original post by Kevin:)
Can anyone please tell me if you lose marks if the summary is too short... I think i wrote just a bit over 100 words
Apparently the examiners positive mark???

This is IGCSE English.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending