Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aubergineator
For the third bullet point I also had
- write more in her journal
- see if she can help or support the endangered bees in any way
- carry on with the week itinerary that Al planned
- explore the area more and the history of the place
- Leave a good review of the place to make up for her husbands behaviour
Don't really know how valid the majority of those are but that's also what I had

These are the same points I wrote :smile: so hopefully they'll be on the mark scheme.
Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
What did you guys put for the third point on Q1?

I didn't mention that much, all I mentioned was how she needed to look after her husband after been in hospital and how she will help get more business to Al's hotel by writing reviews and stuff🤔🤔🤔
Q1 was really hard i thought.. There were no points and you had to make inferences with bullet point 2 and 3... But i thought the summary was really good.. Overall i think q1 and 2 will let me down the most
Original post by mint.skyscrapers
Omf i put one point for a3 and that was to look after mr head in hospital ffs im so dumb im a failure

Thts an actual point tho :h:
Original post by ellamoon_22
I did 4 phrases and general effect, general effect and 3 partly finished phrases. I am an A grade student and I actually feel like I got 15/50

I feel ya
Original post by Leighanna_
I didn't mention that much, all I mentioned was how she needed to look after her husband after been in hospital and how she will help get more business to Al's hotel by writing reviews and stuff🤔🤔🤔

Ah, I just about looking after her husband and hopefully now she will get to see the 'boring' stuff now...
Question 3 was a gift, the bullet points were clear! - Question 1 took me a while to get into but I think that I completed it quite well! - Although question 2 was a horrible question compared to previous years, paragraph 1 was pretty good although paragraph 2 was very limiting! :frown: bye A*
Original post by vasuxx
i died in question 2 omg there was legit nothing

I know the question was worded so weirdly that I didn't even know what I was supposed to analyse in 2a and the fact that the quotes were disgusting just adds to the frustration. I want to cry.
Guys omfg it was so bloody hard! While I was writing about how sweet Al was it felt like I was having an affair with him because my 'husband' was being a douche 😂😂

Anyway guys for q1 for the last bit I wrote how she's gonna teach his husband a lesson and how he needs to listen to other peoples opinions and not think he's superior than anyone else!

I obvs wrote that in a better way but would that be ok? I think I got a B and maybe if I am lucky an A! :frown: terrible paper. The worst I have ever done!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tinka99
This is IGCSE English.

Can you let me know if this thread is for the same exam? :eek3: I think there are people talking about it in two different places which isn't the best
Original post by k.m.b
The person next to me actually did cry :redface:

Aw I had to hold my tears in and as soon as i got home i cried
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Guys omfg it was so bloody hard! While I was writing about how sweet Al was it felt like I was having an affair with him because my 'husband' was being a douche 😂😂

Anyway guys for q1 for the last bit I wrote how she's gonna teach his husband a lesson and how he needs to listen to other peoples opinions and not think he's superior than anyone else!

I obvs wrote that in a better way but would that be ok? I think I got a B and maybe if I am lucky an A! :frown: terrible paper. The worst I have ever done!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol I legit wrote that the husband was being such a douche that I wanted to strangle him. why would you marry someone that complains so much he wasn't even giving anything a chance.
Original post by tamanna___
Q1 was really hard i thought.. There were no points and you had to make inferences with bullet point 2 and 3... But i thought the summary was really good.. Overall i think q1 and 2 will let me down the most

Sameee like in the past when have u ever had to infere that much, I feel like now I need to revise more for english lit cause I usually get A*s and i cant fail that too
Anyone reckon they'll lower grade boundaries compared to last year? This exam felt much harder than the mocks i did on the may 2015 paper
Tbh I felt really horrible after that exam but hopefully it goes better than what I'm expecting! Also my coursework should save me immensely so fingers crossed that we haven't all done awfully
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by CaSama9
Hey, well did you actually count the number of words? Because if your writing is small enough, you could hit just about 200 without knowing. How much did you write a4 wise?

I think if you manage to mention all15 points, even though some a wrong, you can still get 5/5... However it says write 200-250 words so im unsure? But let's say you get 4/5, you only loose a mark! That's one of the reasons they recommend us to leave the summary last, don't worry! :wink:

I actually counted the words so I am certain I didn't get to the word count. Anyway, I know I included all 15 points.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Can you let me know if this thread is for the same exam? :eek3: I think there are people talking about it in two different places which isn't the best

Yes, both threads are for the same exam because I am on both
Original post by IXDESIGN
Question 3 was a gift, the bullet points were clear! - Question 1 took me a while to get into but I think that I completed it quite well! - Although question 2 was a horrible question compared to previous years, paragraph 1 was pretty good although paragraph 2 was very limiting! :frown: bye A*

I only managed to get 13/15 for 3a, so I had to guess the other two. Yeah I agree for the other two. Really struggled to pick out 4 things from the 2nd part of question 2, oh well😖
Original post by I'm_infires
This or just hope everyone nationally does worse than expected as well so the grade boundaries just naturally go down (although it's very mean to wish someone else did bad as well)

I hope they lower it
Reply 819
Everyone here: "I rally wanted an A* but I will now settle for an A"

Me: As long as I get a B I'll be happy:h:

Quick Reply