Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ren.ot
Who else ran out of time:h:

Me😶
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
Les just hope you come out with a bee grade or higher :smile:

I see what u did there (bee) :wink:
I signed off on question 1 with 'Yours Faithfully' and now I am really worried that it will hinder my chances of getting an A/A*, do you think this will affect my grade?
Reply 863
mr. head is a bloody ********, poor al cant make bank if his first review is **** :frown:
Les just hope you come out with a bee grade or higher :smile:

:tongue:
I HAVE SO MANY Q':frown:(
wHAT what the general idea of the text... i didn't touch up on the fact that they won the word thing... and For question 2a i wasn't talking about how the Al was reading it, i was saying that the description emphasize the peace and relaxing in the hotel... and generallypositive things about the hotel
and part b said it was about the dedicaton Al has toward his guest through the effort he put in despite Mr heads arrogant attitude which showed how ungrateful he was

WILL i lose mark?! :O

Original post by Martha_Louise
I put how she would relax, by going around the garden and playing with the stray cat again and reading her books. And also that she would go into town again but without her husband, and she would actually go into the animal sanctuary.

Did anyone write something similar?
Did anyone give the husband a name for question 1? I just kept referring to him as my husband but a few of my friends made up a name!
Original post by KatieKandy
I signed off on question 1 with 'Yours Faithfully' and now I am really worried that it will hinder my chances of getting an A/A*, do you think this will affect my grade?

I ended mine the same, I didn't think it would affect the grade? I wouldn't of thought so anyway? Hopefully not.
Did anybody write that Maria didn't actually have a sore neck and just didnt want to go rafting with her husband?
yes I put that Maria would bring the stray cat to the animal sanctuary and learn more about bee behaviour with the gardener

I put how she would relax, by going around the garden and playing with the stray cat again and reading her books. And also that she would go into town again but without her husband, and she would actually go into the animal sanctuary.

Overall a good paper, question two was really hard this time around. Think I got approximately 37-42 marks. Most likely I'll get an A or scrape an A*.
Peak timez

ikr. How many do you have?

The least is 1... bc it's small plus it's 5 marks for writing skills and i'm sure they'll let it pass

Dw i used AKA (as known as) and i hv no idea why... but everything else writing wise seemed realistic.... how many marks do u think i will lose
I'm really chuffed I think it went really really well, Q1 was a dream with the letter, Q2 I had images for pretty much all of them and Q3 the points seemed really explicit to me, really pleased overall & hopefully secured my A*:h:

Hope everyone else did well!
Original post by Leighanna_
I ended mine the same, I didn't think it would affect the grade? I wouldn't of thought so anyway? Hopefully not.

I'm hoping that it isn't too formal to say to a friend, it should be fine.
Original post by FaithKG
I read it as strangling! Oh goshhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also read strangling. I do hope that is correct
Original post by k.m.b
ikr. How many do you have?

Lets bee real here. 9 :wink: Loool
Original post by Aubergineator
Did anyone give the husband a name for question 1? I just kept referring to him as my husband but a few of my friends made up a name!

I named mine, but some of my friends just called him 'the husband' too
Reply 878

No, I don't think this will affect your grade too much. As long as you signed off the letter as Mrs Head or whatever her name was, you should be fine. I didn't. I signed off as myself and my teachers said I'd probably lose a few marks for that😞
Reply 879
Original post by Leighanna_

its a letter you'd probably get marked down for not putting that.
i put sincerely myself, dunno :smokin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending