The Student Room Group

NHS Radiography Assistant Interview please help me!

Hi I recently applied for a job as radiography assistant ,and I have been lucky enough to be called for an interview ,the thing is I don't have any experience in radiology or radiography ,my experience i have is in social services settings this include working with people with mental health ,youth clubs .Radiography Assistant role is to undertake a broad range of non-radiographic duties in support of the diagnostic imaging service.

I am just writing this asking if anyone can give me what to expect interview questions.

And also there is a computer test

any tips would be helpful thanks.
Reply 1
anybody
Original post by ifmtg
Hi I recently applied for a job as radiography assistant ,and I have been lucky enough to be called for an interview ,the thing is I don't have any experience in radiology or radiography ,my experience i have is in social services settings this include working with people with mental health ,youth clubs .Radiography Assistant role is to undertake a broad range of non-radiographic duties in support of the diagnostic imaging service.

I am just writing this asking if anyone can give me what to expect interview questions.

And also there is a computer test

any tips would be helpful thanks.

NHS interviews are competency based. I would suggest looking at the job description and the person specification as this usually gives a very good idea of what the competencies will be. If you tell me what band the job is I can help more (it sounds like a band 2 or 3?)

If it's a band 2 or 3 and you've been called for interview that's because direct radiography experience isn't required for the job. At that level it's more about transferable skills. Put it this way - if they've called you in, you have a chance of getting the job based on your application. Your interview is your chance to show that you demonstrate the competencies required and you will need to use examples to do this. It might be something like 'tell us about a time when you had to give excellent customer service' basically all the questions will require examples, you can use school, other jobs, volunteering etc, try to use a range as it's more interesting for the interviewer. They may start by asking you why you've applied for this job so it would be a good idea here to explain your interest in particular for radiography, and I would always do a bit of research about the Trust. Is it a Foundation Trust and so has more governance and responsibility for itself? Is the radiography unit particularly well-known, has it recently had brand new equipment, is there a leading radiographer or radiologist in the department? Stuff like this will show that you want to work in that particular Trust, in that department, and then in your interview you show how you fit the person spec and will be able to fulfil the job description well

[e] Also social services is great for the NHS. I've worked in the NHS for 2 years and I did work with disadvantaged children while at uni, and I always use this as an example in my interview. They will like your experience a lot :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by infairverona
NHS interviews are competency based. I would suggest looking at the job description and the person specification as this usually gives a very good idea of what the competencies will be. If you tell me what band the job is I can help more (it sounds like a band 2 or 3?)

If it's a band 2 or 3 and you've been called for interview that's because direct radiography experience isn't required for the job. At that level it's more about transferable skills. Put it this way - if they've called you in, you have a chance of getting the job based on your application. Your interview is your chance to show that you demonstrate the competencies required and you will need to use examples to do this. It might be something like 'tell us about a time when you had to give excellent customer service' basically all the questions will require examples, you can use school, other jobs, volunteering etc, try to use a range as it's more interesting for the interviewer. They may start by asking you why you've applied for this job so it would be a good idea here to explain your interest in particular for radiography, and I would always do a bit of research about the Trust. Is it a Foundation Trust and so has more governance and responsibility for itself? Is the radiography unit particularly well-known, has it recently had brand new equipment, is there a leading radiographer or radiologist in the department? Stuff like this will show that you want to work in that particular Trust, in that department, and then in your interview you show how you fit the person spec and will be able to fulfil the job description well

[e] Also social services is great for the NHS. I've worked in the NHS for 2 years and I did work with disadvantaged children while at uni, and I always use this as an example in my interview. They will like your experience a lot :smile:

Thank you taking the time in reading my post ,I will do what you have suggested
Original post by ifmtg
Thank you taking the time in reading my post ,I will do what you have suggested

That's ok, I used to work in NHS recruitment and I know people find our interviews weird compared to private company ones
Reply 5
That's ok, I used to work in NHS recruitment and I know people find our interviews weird compared to private company ones

I have a computer test too,i do not know how to prepare for this too,any tips ?
Original post by ifmtg
I have a computer test too,i do not know how to prepare for this too,any tips ?

This varies from Trust to Trust but is usually Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc
Reply 7

hi

can you advice radiography band 6 interview questions ? i m going for an interview next week and i am very nervous?

Quick Reply