The Student Room Group

IGCSE English Language Exam on Tuesday 3rd May 2016 Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Damiloju48
What points did you guys make for question 1?

First bullet point was mainly about Al and his concern and dedication and about the hotel I just wrote that it's in a remote area. For second bullet point I wrote and mr head complaining and bullying and seeming unimpressed and all and for last bullet point I could just find 2/3. I wrote about taking care of my husband after his accident, taking care of myself cuz of neck sprains and about the gardener point
Original post by CaSama9
Haha that's exactly how I feel

Yay! I hope they mark question 2 nicely... I'm glad it's only worth 20%
Original post by Anmol_.
First bullet point was mainly about Al and his concern and dedication and about the hotel I just wrote that it's in a remote area. For second bullet point I wrote and mr head complaining and bullying and seeming unimpressed and all and for last bullet point I could just find 2/3. I wrote about taking care of my husband after his accident, taking care of myself cuz of neck sprains and about the gardener point

What about 2? It was so hard to find good quotes for that.
Question 1 is good but took me a long time to understand it Q2 was tricky and Question 3 👌👌👌👌👌
Original post by Damiloju48
What about 2? It was so hard to find good quotes for that.

That was the worst one and plus I couldn't finish it so there wasn't much analyzing. What quotes did you choose?
Original post by Starlight15
Question 1 is good but took me a long time to understand it Q2 was tricky and Question 3 👌👌👌👌👌

Can you share some points you made for part a please?
Hi did anyone else for the First language extended paper 2, question 1, say that it was one of the students and not Mrs. Salmon??? or am i the only one?
I was so happy it was a letter for the last bullet point I said take husband to hospital and come back and tell him to apologise to the staff
He was already in hospital though
What points for 3A did you all right I can only remember one and that was the CCA/CAA vuris for the bees.
I found question 1 the hardest. But just think I've failed the test now as I never said about her injurie :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Burkay
The way you calculate it is by multiplying your speaking and listening mark by 0.843.

E.g (0.843 x 29) = 24.447

Then you add that mark to your coursework

E,g 49 + 24.447 = 73.447 (Rounds down)

The Grade boundaries then are C: 76 B: 86 A: 96 A*: 106

So for this individual to get an A* it is 33 marks

I got 46/50 for cw and 17/20 for s & l. What marks do i need for an A and A*?
Original post by Anmol_.
Can you share some points you made for part a please?

Without bees there will be global starvation
Picnic won't exist without bees
Over 30% of crops rely...
The colony something disorder (CCD)
Over 500 Eygptian....
bees abondon their beehives

That's all I know on top of my head if I remember some I'll edit this
Reply 72
What was Q1 about? Twitter is going crazy over Al and Honey Hotel, Q2 Apparently wanted you to get phrases from a 4 line paragraph? and Q3 was on honeybees?
Original post by goldenusername
I got 46/50 for cw and 17/20 for s & l. What marks do i need for an A and A*?
Think you need about 25 for an A but it depends on grade boundaries they can change every year so it could be higher or a lot lower
Over 500 Eygptian....

Yes I had all the same apart from the picnic one
Over 500 Eygptian....

Oh thanks for this. Is it weird that I got like 3 different points for starvation
Original post by Anmol_.

I believe the pain in the neck was a metaphor for her husband....
Original post by Ashton1102
What points for 3A did you all right I can only remember one and that was the CCA/CAA vuris for the bees.
I found question 1 the hardest. But just think I've failed the test now as I never said about her injurie :frown:

It was CCD colony (something) disorder
I put over 30%....
Over 500 Egyptian...
Picnics won't exist if I wasn't for bees
Without bees there's global starvation

question 1 was so difficult 😖
I got 38/40 for all 3 coursework pieces and 30/30 on the S+L.

What is the formula for working out the marks needed in the exam to get a certain grade?
How many marks do I need for an A and A*?
Original post by Anmol_.
Oh thanks for this. Is it weird that I got like 3 different points for starvation

Nope it's fine, I know one of my classmates who did the same as you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending