The Student Room Group

Igcse english language extended

How did everyone find the test?
Reply 1
Q1 was lovely.
Q2 was a disaster.
Q3 was okay but I'm confused about my 15 points. Can someone what they wrote for that with me please. It'll be helpful.
Reply 2
i did not finish the last bullet point for question 1. the text was quite confusing, i had to read like three times before knowing what to actually do. i think the summary part(3) was quite good
Reply 3
i couldn't find much imagery for question 2, the paragraph was too short so I selected words instead like ancient civilisation and romantic journey
Reply 4
The text for question 1 was confusing.
Question 3 was lovely!
Question 1 was okay.
Question 2 was a complete f**k up....
Well, Id id question 3 first and found it okay. Then I did question 1. I don't think I mentioned enough points in question 1 especially for bullet point 2 and 3. And I found question 2 really difficult as the paragraphs were short and there were hardly any good quotations. I only got round to doing the overall effect of one paragraph and 4 quotes from one paragraph and 2 from the other. I can only hope now.:redface:
On the letter I forgot to sign off😫 How much will that cost me???
Reply 8
i don't want to aim too high and getting bad grades in August
Reply 9
Man I hate this exam board...
Reply 10
Original post by BuzzyBeeee
On the letter I forgot to sign off😫 How much will that cost me???

I believe it will cost you at least 1 mark for the writing (out of 5) but if the examiner is very harsh he/she might even take off 2 marks for writing.

Hope it helped.
Reply 11
Original post by Anmol_.
Q1 was lovely.
Q2 was a disaster.
Q3 was okay but I'm confused about my 15 points. Can someone what they wrote for that with me please. It'll be helpful.

Check out this forum:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4058147
Reply 12
Original post by Rajive
The text for question 1 was confusing.

I found it confusing as well I had to read it like 3 times.
Reply 13
Original post by Tahsin.A
I found it confusing as well I had to read it like 3 times.

It was like Maria was disguised

Quick Reply

Latest