The Student Room Group

Cambridge IGCSE English Language (May 3rd 2016) official thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tmg1999
What did everyone put as points for question 3 - found it very hard to distinguish between individual points??? does 30% of crop account for all the things about food SO CONFUSING

I wrote that too yayy
Original post by examhater44
Guys in Q2 could we have talked about the husbands stubbornness and fussiness:

"unimpressed", "complaining loudly"

I wrote about them
Was maria writing in her notebook or reading a book under the frikken terrace?
Reply 983
Original post by Wisdom2

Anyone link the orange trees laced with sunlight to the garden of eden?
Or the sandy roads saying how to sand was dusty and prevented people from acquiring love? - something like that

basically had this picture in my head and wrote some bs about dancing sunlight and rhythm and crap lmao, text painted a pretty picture though
Original post by examhater44
Guys in Q2 could we have talked about the husbands stubbornness and fussiness:

"unimpressed", "complaining loudly"

yes as long as you used imagery and good annotations you are good, I used those two quotes but developed it of course
Pretty decent exam today. However I forgot to add a date on the letter and the "yours sincerely" at the end of the letter. How bad is that?
Original post by 0lut0
oH nah I said that it shows colour and it shows destruction I tried to link it to fire and say this how the ancient people were destroyed something like that.

For the sandy roads I wrote how it was a historical site and it was far away from the world that people didn't know about it making it a once in a life time experience. For the orange trees laced in sunlight I wrote how the weather and fruit is beautiful and the fact that both 'orange' and 'Sunlight' are used in the same sentence is because they are both bright amplifying the exotic nature of the holiday. The writer used this to create the effect that it is an enticing beauty to behold.
I made a vow with my friends that we do not discuss about this exam or what we put.

What did you guys put for q2 para6?
Reply 988
Original post by CaSama9
[Please be sure to suggest any other points]

Question One

What were her first impressions of the hotel and the staff?

. Al was generous as he waited in the airport for the guests to arrive
. The Gardners discussion was nice
. Al seemed to care about her neck pain
. Hotels dining room was good
. The landscape and artwork

What was her husbands attitude and behaviour like? And what were her feelings towards it?

. Threw a tantrum at market at her
. Child like immature/irresponsible
. Pressured Al into putting him in group
. Rubble on top of the hill- rude
. Refused to go to the animal sanctuary

What were her plans

. To collect him from hospital
. To persuade him not to file a complaint
. To go to the airport by Friday to go home
. Spend remaining days writing notebook
. Spend remaining days with bees and seeing how she can help
. Explore the history and area of the place
. Leave a good reputation after her husband, before she leaves

For the third bullet point, i wrote she wants to relax now that her husband is injured so can't complain anymore???? Would i get marks?
Reply 989
Original post by cooldaro
Pretty decent exam today. However I forgot to add a date on the letter and the "yours sincerely" at the end of the letter. How bad is that?

Same i forgot these two things aswell
Im trying not to think about it and worry myself...onwards n upwards! Has anyone made a thread for the cambridge literature exam? Is they have can someone let me know.... Im doing merchant of venice,inspector calls and Mr hyde and dr jekyll
I DID SO BAD OH MY GOSH
hope i can still get an A even though i didnt do the summary at the end
Reply 992
Guys im still confused about what passage A was about? What did Al understand at the end? I just don't get it
is CCD a point in itself for question 3!?
so i got a b in the coursework and speaking, how much would i need in the exam for an A
Im trying to not think about it and worry myself! Onwards n upwards... Has anyone made a Cambridge Literature thread? If so can you let me know... im doing mr hyde dr jekyll, merchant of venice, inspector calls

Hope all your exams went well
Original post by Jxb_
Guys im still confused about what passage A was about? What did Al understand at the end? I just don't get it

He understood that M. R. Head was Maria because originally he thought it was a misspelling of Mr. Head.
i didnt sign it off, will i get marked for that?
Original post by Jxb_

Because is the M.R whatever the surname was and he assumed it was Mr but it was Maria Rose

Posted from TSR Mobile
I ended question 1 as "speak soon from (my name)" instead of Maria - however in the whole letter I showed that i knew I was Maria but I stupidly forgot when signing off, do you think I will get marks deducted?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending