The Student Room Group

Mental breakdown from english!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ScienceFantatic
Hate when people say things like this. GCSEs are important when applying to university as many require at least a B in English.

So if you're just going to be condescending then don't bother posting at all.

I NEED A Grade B is it still possible to change the tier from foundation to higher on AQA thanks
Original post by Blonde_girl_
It's so annoying! I keep thinking how I should have done Q3 bullet points, Q1, Q2 and then gone back to do Q3 summary as its only worth 5 marks! Argh! Now just got to focus on our other exams - biology next which I'm trying to knuckle down at as its one of the A-levels I want to take..good luck! Hopefully we will be surprised with our English Lang!

Aww we have to wait til results day to find out the truth :frown::frown:
Reply 22
Smh I did that 3,1 and 2 thing last time and I got an E because I thought that question 3 would be the easiest to do but you start spending too much time on question 3. So lucky I did it the normal way this time.
Original post by 0lut0
Smh I did that 3,1 and 2 thing last time and I got an E because I thought that question 3 would be the easiest to do but you start spending too much time on question 3. So lucky I did it the normal way this time.

That's going to make her feel so much better... :tongue:
Original post by _Xenon_
I NEED A Grade B is it still possible to change the tier from foundation to higher on AQA thanks

If you've already sat the exam, then no
Original post by A-LJLB
If you've already sat the exam, then no

No exam is on start of June for me I think!!
Original post by _Xenon_
No exam is on start of June for me I think!!

In that case, I'd talk to your teachers as I should think it is still possible
Original post by A-LJLB
In that case, I'd talk to your teachers as I should think it is still possible

Na my teachers said no but I'll tell my parents to complain what do you think?
Original post by _Xenon_
Na my teachers said no but I'll tell my parents to complain what do you think?

Do your teachers not think you are capable? If you really want higher then yes, get your parents involved as it's unfair for your teachers not to give you the opportunity to do the best you can do
Original post by A-LJLB
Do your teachers not think you are capable? If you really want higher then yes, get your parents involved as it's unfair for your teachers not to give you the opportunity to do the best you can do

My teacher thinks I am but it's not my teachers decision. It is up to the head of department who does entries who decided to enter the whole year for foundation, when I'm clearly capable. They just want everyone to get Cs but universities want a B so I can at least get a B! But if it is not too late I'm sure there's a charge for it now either that or it is too late not sure, if it us too late i'll be the loser and upset that I left it too late :frown::frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi all,
I am having a mental breakdown!! I have just done my English iGCSE Language and I've totally messed it up! I did question 3, 1 and then I had 10 minutes to do number 2. So as you can imagine, question 2 will be absolutely terrible because I couldn't even think about what the quotes meant when I was writing them down. I don't think I'll get any marks on question 2. I always got B's in my mocks, and I think ive got a D in this one. My coursework is at a B, but that would only make it about a C overall. I really wanted a B, as that's what I need for Uni to do dentistry! If I do get only a C..or below..when would I resit it? And does the resit even get taken into account? Thanks guys - hope it went well for everyone else !:smile:

You can always retake it. I got into Imperial College with a B in English iGCSE, so don't worry.
If I don't get a B in English Lang I can't get into the uni I'm wanting to get into?

They probably won't care. I know someone who's now a doctor who got 2 Bs and a C at A level but his uni required straight As. You'll be fine!
Reply 32
People need to realise some consider gcse's to be more important than others, it is all about personal perspective to be honest
Original post by _Xenon_
My teacher thinks I am but it's not my teachers decision. It is up to the head of department who does entries who decided to enter the whole year for foundation, when I'm clearly capable. They just want everyone to get Cs but universities want a B so I can at least get a B! But if it is not too late I'm sure there's a charge for it now either that or it is too late not sure, if it us too late i'll be the loser and upset that I left it too late :frown::frown:

That really isn't fair. Definitely get your parents involved and if that still doesn't help, then take action with the school board or something. Good luck!
Original post by A-LJLB
That really isn't fair. Definitely get your parents involved and if that still doesn't help, then take action with the school board or something. Good luck!

Yes thanks! Are you doing GCSEs atm? If so which exam board are you with for English? :smile:
Original post by _Xenon_
Yes thanks! Are you doing GCSEs atm? If so which exam board are you with for English? :smile:

I'm not, I'm in my final year of A levels, however I believe when I did GCSE's I was with AQA?
Original post by A-LJLB
I'm not, I'm in my final year of A levels, however I believe when I did GCSE's I was with AQA?

Oh OK what do you think about 60 marks
Original post by _Xenon_
Oh OK what do you think about 60 marks

What about it exactly?
Original post by A-LJLB
What about it exactly?

Is it good or bad
Original post by _Xenon_
Is it good or bad

I can't really comment as I don't know the structure of your exams

Quick Reply

Latest