The Student Room Group

National 5 Biology 2016

How is everyone revising?? Do u think the exam will be quite easy this year considering it was meant to be really hard last year? Xx
Only been revising for about 2 days so far! I have 3 full days after English before Biology exam, so planning on doing some intense revision for those three days! How are you feeling about it? Unit 2 scares me the most!
ive got geo the day after english then the weekend then bio on the monday and maths on the thurday! they so close together! yeah unit 2 is hard. hopefully the exam wont be too hard!
Original post by _katie123123_
ive got geo the day after english then the weekend then bio on the monday and maths on the thurday! they so close together! yeah unit 2 is hard. hopefully the exam wont be too hard!

Oh god so happy I don't have Geography exam! I hope so aswell! How are you revising for biology at the moment? And how much revision have you done?:smile:
Biology is a hard subject! I've been to numerous extra revision classes with my teacher and I'm getting there. Hoping to achieve an A grade but not sure about that! Unit 2 is a killer. I've predominantly used the online E textbook. It's a really good revision source as it goes into detail in each topic and even has mini tests at the end!
Yeah biology is hard!! Hopefully it'll be easy!! I've been using the online e textbook as well its good! I've also been using the how to pass nat 5 biology textbook which is good. In hoping to get an A too but got a B in prelim so been really studying!! Can't wait for exams to be over 😉
For me, unit three is the worst, haha. What's so challenging about unit two?!
Original post by scottishguyy
For me, unit three is the worst, haha. What's so challenging about unit two?!

Nervous and hormonal system! Can't get my head around it hahah! Extra revision classes do help A LOT, i go to them aswell, don't know what i'd do without them hahaha
I quite like unit 3 although not the nitrogen cycle!! Can't believe English is tomorrow! Is anyone here doing geography on Friday as well? X
Biology in 3 days :biggrin:
Original post by Marina1264
Only been revising for about 2 days so far! I have 3 full days after English before Biology exam, so planning on doing some intense revision for those three days! How are you feeling about it? Unit 2 scares me the most!

Yeah I'm the exact same! Now onto the bio revision! I don't understand Unit 3
I really like unit 1 and unit 2 unit 3 i like but it's not as interesting.
It's my next exam

I really like all my units, but I'm strongest at Unit 3 and weakest at Unit 1. I was two marks away from an A in the prelim, so I'm hoping to be more successful this time and get a secure A!
Unit 1, I love. Unit 2, not particularly challenging as it's mostly knowledge. Unit 3, all knowledge and so boring that I just hate it. It's also where all the yucky problem-solving questions are derived from.

Anyway, I got 85% in my prelim and the same again in my post-prelim, haha. So I'm hoping to remain consistent and at least achieve the same.

If anyone has any queries about Unit 2, or 1, I'm happy to try and explain it to you. Best of luck to you all! :smile:
I am also doing nat 5 biology on Monday. I have today tomorrow and Sunday to focus on it completely and have all the notes necessary but for some reason none of the information goes in and I have such little time to try to remember it 😭😭😭 I have tried past papers but struggle too much to do them effectively, does anyone have any tips???? Please

Quick Reply

Latest