The Student Room Group

Uni of nottingham - Msc Economics - accepted offer holders

helloo... just wondering if anyone else is doing Msc economics at notts this year? maybe we can get a dialogue going on here and swap tips, prep materials, discuss ideas etc...
Reply 1
Hi

I'll be doing MSC International Economics this year. Although not in the same program but both in the school of economics so maybe we will take some courses together. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Sammy2534
Hi

I'll be doing MSC International Economics this year. Although not in the same program but both in the school of economics so maybe we will take some courses together. ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

more than likely yeh i'm doin msc economics + development economics.
1st semester will probably be very similar anyway....
what you planning on doing after, job or phd?
Reply 3
Original post by sloppsooh
more than likely yeh i'm doin msc economics + development economics.
1st semester will probably be very similar anyway....
what you planning on doing after, job or phd?

Hi

I think I'll have to find a job to finance any further studies in the future.

If you don't mind I'd like to ask if you have applied elsewhere too.
Sadly Bristol / Durham / St.Andrews offer MSC Economics to me but all with super high GPA upon my graduation as a condition so I think the chances are very slim to go to those places which leave me Nottingham as the only insurance choice due to their lowest condition among others.

Good luck with your preparation and look forward to meeting you in some classes ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Sammy2534
Hi

I think I'll have to find a job to finance any further studies in the future.

If you don't mind I'd like to ask if you have applied elsewhere too.
Sadly Bristol / Durham / St.Andrews offer MSC Economics to me but all with super high GPA upon my graduation as a condition so I think the chances are very slim to go to those places which leave me Nottingham as the only insurance choice due to their lowest condition among others.

Good luck with your preparation and look forward to meeting you in some classes ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

yup i had applied to UCL, bristol birmingham surrey leeds cambridge. cambridge denied me but i got unconditional offers from all the others.
chose nottingham as its top 10 + cost and i live near. it was always my first choice (i knew cambridge was highly unlikely).
bristol was my 2nd choice. if i was rich i'd have chosen UCL.
i didn't apply to any uni's north of leeds - too cold for me and like being near travel distance of london :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Thanks a lot for sharing. You are really smart to be offered a place at UCL and Bristol ^_^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply