The Student Room Group

So you think its too late huh?

To all those who have left revision late....

This is a live example of my brother who last year sat exams for one of the most difficult courses in uni ( aeronautical engineering ) he had a heck of a lot of coursework to do including finishing off a 20'000 work dissertation before he sat his exams

So he realised that he had 8 Major exams( which he hadn't learned any content for )and had 5 days to LEARN and REVISE everything: including formulas etc you name it ...he managed to get through 30 weeks worth of lecture notes

He DID NOT GIVE UP... despite the minute chance of only just passing his second year exams... or even FAILING

So he learned EVERY SINGLE THING and managed to get above 85% in all of his 8 exams ...resulting in first class honours

I asked him what his secret was and he told me " i had 120% faith in myself that i was someone who was capable of doing what i believed which was having absolutely no limitations to reaching my potential (and i swear that if he told someone what he was about to do in that time period they would have advised him to give it all in and retake the year or just do enough to pass)..so he did, he spend 5 days working from 9 AM to 1 PM at night doing 50 minutes of work and taking a ten minute break ....he only took one proper 45 min break for lunch the got on with learning and practicing

His faith was sooo flipping strong that he let NOTHING even the 90% possibility of him failing or just about passing to get in his way

He worked intensily and so he achieved

This was something that i deep down felt i needed to share with some of you to make you realise your potential and your powers to change your current situation YOUR MIND IS A GIFT WHICH CAN DO MIRACLES THAT EVEN SCIENCE CANNOT UNDERSTAND AS TO HOW? Listen to great inspirational background music and get your heart pumping work like you have never worked before and go get those straight A*s you have always aspired to achieve since a kid ....My brother could get a FIRST CLASS F$^%%KING HONOURS IN 5 FLIPPING DAYS what on earth is stopping you from gettting at least 10/11 A*s in 1 week or less? WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE your potential is more than the ocean and remember there are no flipping limits other than the ones YOU set yourself like "OH but there isnt much time" NOOOO that excuse is out the window there is time it just requires constant hardwork from now on by following what my brother did (working 50 minutes intensily and 10 min break - spend stretching or doing another active thing...) ONLY revise what you NEED to learn and i promise with the power of your mind you WILL GET THERE.

BEST INSPIRATIONAL TRACK (FOR ME) :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKlmCLaMm7s

BEST MOTIVATIONAL VIDEOs EVERRR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_MVI71YBZI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3z-Mb0dfJM

BTW: my brother since he got that outcome last year he is doing the same thing again this year (3rd year of uni) TO prove as a leader that anything is possible

He started revision today and he has his first exam in 5/6 days

He does not feel GUILTY HE FEELS PROUD to be a role model for young people that have no faIth ....who are weak
he wants to show that it ws not by accident that he can do it AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN to prove the impossible wrong

NOW STOP SAYING YOU CANNOT GET ALL A*s within a week especially with this life example ...and dont forget what he got through was 80 times more difficult than GCSES

GO GET YOUR POTENTIAL YOUR POWER IS LIMITLESS

there is no secret to success its all about your input ...dont worry about how? Just take action and the results will follow
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

lol
i am so glad i came across this thread. This has legit given me hope :smile: i'm gonna revise like hell now xD
Reply 3
Original post by octoppus
i am so glad i came across this thread. This has legit given me hope :smile: i'm gonna revise like hell now xD

Same to a degree.
Or you know you could just start earlier and get even even better grades (not that it matters above 70) :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by octoppus

This is what i hoped to get out of this thread (:
Reply 6
Original post by Metrododo
Or you know you could just start earlier and get even even better grades (not that it matters above 70) :biggrin:

I think its absolutely fine to leave it late you only gain strength from hard times
Reply 7
Man like you, big up for the inspiration still!

I'm predicted 9 A/A*'s but rahh I don't think I'll get them I always fall short of an A* by a few marks. I will definitely be more than happy with straight A's though
Reply 8
Original post by 1rs
Man like you, big up for the inspiration still!

I'm predicted 9 A/A*'s but rahh I don't think I'll get them I always fall short of an A* by a few marks. I will definitely be more than happy with straight A's though

YOU WILL get all A*s there IS NOTHING going to stop you just work that little bit harder
Original post by malaikaxx
x

Just saying, your brother is kinda crazy, hats off to him! But the motivation is definitely there, not sure if most could do it though, good luck all with your exams and remember sleeping is better than being tired through revising :smile:.

Don't waste any time however. These 2 weeks, or longer for some are all you have left. The summer you will have at least 5 weeks to do WHATEVER you like, put everything into it now and you'll have a regret free Summer, trust me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Calzs34
Just saying, your brother is kinda crazy, hats off to hik! But the motivation is definitely there, not sure if most could do it though, good luck all with your exams and remember sleeping is better than being tired through revising :smile:.

He slept for 8 hours and EVERYOnE has the potential ..we all have a brain which we always underestimate the power of....

If you do not feel the message your just another average person in this world ..we dont beg average people to be phenomenal
He slept for 8 hours and EVERYOnE has the potential ..we all have a brain which we always underestimate the power of....

If you do not feel the message your just another average person in this world ..we dont beg average people to be phenomenal

Well, no, because I feel revising a month or two at least is more sensible, yes it is phenomenal, but I'm saying it won't work for a lot of people and it sort of gives the wrong message across for those next year as there will be a point where the work is too much. But yes, it's a good idea right NOW for those who really need to work.

This is a live example of my brother who last year sat exams for one of the most difficult courses in uni ( aeronautical engineering ) he had a heck of a lot of coursework to do including finishing off a 20'000 work dissertation before he sat his exams

So he realised that he had 8 Major exams( which he hadn't learned any content for )and had 5 days to LEARN and REVISE everything: including formulas etc you name it ...he managed to get through 30 weeks worth of lecture notes

He DID NOT GIVE UP... despite the minute chance of only just passing his second year exams... or even FAILING

So he learned EVERY SINGLE THING and managed to get above 85% in all of his 8 exams ...resulting in first class honours

I asked him what his secret was and he told me " i had 120% faith in myself that i was someone who was capable of doing what i believed which was having absolutely no limitations to reaching my potential (and i swear that if he told someone what he was about to do in that time period they would have advised him to give it all in and retake the year or just do enough to pass)..so he did, he spend 5 days working from 9 AM to 1 PM at night doing 50 minutes of work and taking a ten minute break ....he only took one proper 45 min break for lunch the got on with learning and practicing

His faith was sooo flipping strong that he let NOTHING even the 90% possibility of him failing or just about passing to get in his way

This was something that i deep down felt i needed to share with some of you to make you realise your potential and your powers to change your current situation YOUR MIND IS A GIFT WHICH CAN DO MIRACLES THAT EVEN SCIENCE CANNOT UNDERSTAND AS TO HOW? Listen to great inspirational background music and get your heart pumping work like you have never worked before and go get those straight A*s you have always aspired to achieve since a kid ....My brother could get a FIRST CLASS F$^%%KING HONOURS IN 5 FLIPPING DAYS what on earth is stopping you from gettting at least 10/11 A*s in 1 week or less? WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE your potential is more than the ocean and remember there are no flipping limits other than the ones YOU set yourself like "OH but there isnt much time" NOOOO that excuse is out the window there is time it just requires constant hardwork from now on by following what my brother did (working 50 minutes intensily and 10 min break - spend stretching or doing another active thing...) ONLY revise what you NEED to learn and i promise with the power of your mind you WILL GET THERE.

BTW: my brother since he got that outcome last year he is doing the same thing again this year (3rd year of uni) TO prove as a leader that anything is possible

He does not feel GUILTY HE FEELS PROUD to be a role model for young people that have no faIth ....who are weak
he wants to show that it ws not by accident that he can do it AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN to prove the impossible wrong

NOW STOP SAYING YOU CANNOT GET ALL A*s within a week especially with this life example ...and dont forget what he got through was 80 times more difficult than GCSES

there is no secret to success its all about your input ...dont worry about how? Just take action and the results will follow

This does apply to as level right :colonhash::redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by goal101
This does apply to as level right :colonhash::redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

YES absolutely! Set your mind to it ANYHIng is possible ...worK 50 MIN INTENSIVELY and 10 min break just have 2 or 1 proper breaks for lunch and dinner

BANG IT OUT !!
YES absolutely! Set your mind to it ANYHIng is possible ...worK 50 MIN INTENSIVELY and 10 min break just have 2 or 1 proper breaks for lunch and dinner

BANG IT OUT !!

Thankyou so much you give me hope 😀😀😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
WOOOOOW thank you so much for this, I really needed this today since it was a really shitty day.
Reply 16
Original post by aurora_
WOOOOOW thank you so much for this, I really needed this today since it was a really shitty day.

No problem ... whats possible for one is possible for all just dedicate yourself to it
This has really helped, I was lacking so much motivation but after reading this I want to revise so much harder and get my As and A*s! Thank you so much for sharing this, I'm sure you've helped so many people feel so much more confident and motivated about their exams!:smile:
Reply 18
Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
This has really helped, I was lacking so much motivation but after reading this I want to revise so much harder and get my As and A*s! Thank you so much for sharing this, I'm sure you've helped so many people feel so much more confident and motivated about their exams!:smile:

No probs remember its going to be a long road where you are going to be challenged to overcome obstacles but that is where your persistence comes in ....I urge you to watch those 2 videos! you need to sweat and bleed it but do NOT STOP until you can put your hand up at the end of the day and say "ive done my BEST" these are going to be the toughest days of your life but so are the rewards the rewardsss are going to be sky high

I promise

you're a ****ing legend.

Quick Reply

Latest