The Student Room Group

iGCSE English Language [Unofficial Mark scheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Xenon_
Damn, sorry to hear that! Hope that grade boundaries are really low and that everyone else struggled more than you did.

thank you so much !! hope you get an A*
Reply 61
I guess I did the 'first impressions' wrong...I wrote about the wife being disappointed with the hotel 😒
Original post by DamnDaniel2
More than enough! I wrote the exact same amount and I got 250 words or a bit less I think. My handwriting is small so depends on your handwriting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mine is pretty normal sized, neither big nor small, but I'm sure I'll be fine :colondollar: I didn't even see that it must be between 200-300 words, all the past papers I've done usually says "around 200-300" but even if I went under it's only 5 marks lost:tongue:
Original post by failure543
thank you so much !! hope you get an A*

Thanks but the bastards have entered me for foundation tier (highest is a grade C).
I'll complain, not sure if it's too late.
you've got to be kidding me !! :frown: im probably gonna get a C knowing that and english is my best subject that gives me no hope for my other exams !! hope you get your A at least :smile:

English is my worst subject and having that confidence was actually the biggest achievement since I've been struggling with english my whole life hahaha! Oh well. What's the point of worrying? The exams done and we can't do anything about it hahaa!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by george_c00per
Mine is pretty normal sized, neither big nor small, but I'm sure I'll be fine :colondollar: I didn't even see that it must be between 200-300 words, all the past papers I've done usually says "around 200-300" but even if I went under it's only 5 marks lost:tongue:

I don't think u'd lose 5 marks if it was under the word count. I think you'd lose more if you went over since its a summary!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wrote all the same points (that DamnDaniel2 put up) apart from 3 - thought this was too closely related to the point about '30% of crops' as both talked about fruit etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 67
Keep checking because I'll keep updating it :wink:
Original post by Redcoats
Wrote all the same points (that DamnDaniel2 put up) apart from 3 - thought this was too closely related to the point about '30% of crops' as both talked about fruit etc.
English is my worst subject and having that confidence was actually the biggest achievement since I've been struggling with english my whole life hahaha! Oh well. What's the point of worrying? The exams done and we can't do anything about it hahaa!

Posted from TSR Mobile

very true although i've got to try much harder for friday's paper 3. good luck for the rest of your exams :smile:
Original post by _Xenon_
Thanks but the bastards have entered me for foundation tier (highest is a grade C).
I'll complain, not sure if it's too late.

no way !!!!! that sucks i'm sorry mate
no way !!!!! that sucks i'm sorry mate

Hopefully can get it sorted this week
Original post by Redcoats

Hahaha yh I guessed a few because I didn't know which one to choose. I was going to choose the CCD thing but didn't lol.
For the loss of healthy food I also developed it by saying that the health of the world will regress etc is that ok? Or will they mark me down for developing?
I also wrote without bees we wouldn't have advanced medicines today as honey has been used in medicines since the egyptian times?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who did core paper??
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for question 2 and 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really want to complain ........................the text didn't make sense and i had to read it like 3 times............ And the time went so fast
I wasn't able to count how many words I wrote for each question, but from what I could tell while looking at it, all of my answers seemed to be over the word limit...
I was pretty content with the quality of my answers though.
Do you think I'd get a lot of marks off for writing too much?! I'm so worried now haha
Reply 76
Yeah man check first page 😂
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for question 2 and 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by complain4English
I really want to complain ........................the text didn't make sense and i had to read it like 3 times............ And the time went so fast

I think we all should! I bet they sat there knowing this will happen and now they're all laughing at us hahaha and gonna pretend that they didn't know this would happen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaSama9
Yeah man check first page 😂

Lool im on my phone. Its not coming up hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Xenon_
Hopefully can get it sorted this week

hope so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending