The Student Room Group

A-level Economics Students!

How's everyone prepping for the upcoming exams?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
is it a good a level topic to pick because im planning to pick it
Im soo stressed I have my as exams in 12 days still need to practice papers and memorise content :frown:(((

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cathartic
Im soo stressed I have my as exams in 12 days still need to practice papers and memorise content :frown:(((

Posted from TSR Mobile

Go!

Original post by mariyahx
is it a good a level topic to pick because im planning to pick it

It's challenging but fun!
Fairly confident, just I hate the long answered questions, key tip use diagrams. Everywhere. Anywhere. They're free marks, first thing I'd start revising if you're starting this late.
Original post by Calzs34
Fairly confident, just I hate the long answered questions, key tip use diagrams. Everywhere. Anywhere. They're free marks, first thing I'd start revising if you're starting this late.

Do you prefer macro or micro?

@Princepieman - Talk here lad, come on.
Pretty okay for macro i guess but its micro that has me quite nervous lol
Original post by hellomynameisr

Which topic? I've been going through labour markets just now and the questions seem okay.
Hope my brain doesn't switch off :frown:
Original post by High Stakes
Which topic? I've been going through labour markets just now and the questions seem okay.

Mostly externalities and the diagrams they use
Original post by Sameerio
Hope my brain doesn't switch off :frown:

What do you mean? Haha.
Mostly externalities and the diagrams they use

Externalities are a bit annoying. I take it, you're AS then? It comes up again a bit in A2 (for AQA) but isn't as common.

Remember! Merit Goods = MSB > MPB

Demerit Goods = MSC > MPC.
Do you prefer macro or micro?

@Princepieman - Talk here lad, come on.

Micro 100%. Micro is just so much nicer & is very similar to the course I thoroughly enjoyed at GCSE, macro is just of no interest to me. What about you? I mean, I do like the Hayek approach for macro economics, but I just find it hard to be interested in it when most of the global economies are in debt.

I'm the opposite I'm fine with micro but nervous for macro especially as the old spec macro past papers are completely different to the new spec. Which exam board are you?
What do you mean? Haha.

Externalities are a bit annoying. I take it, you're AS then? It comes up again a bit in A2 (for AQA) but isn't as common.

Remember! Merit Goods = MSB > MPB

Demerit Goods = MSC > MPC.

Yes, thank you :smile:
Original post by swagmister
I'm the opposite I'm fine with micro but nervous for macro especially as the old spec macro past papers are completely different to the new spec. Which exam board are you?

Edexcel, you?
Original post by Calzs34
Micro 100%. Micro is just so much nicer & is very similar to the course I thoroughly enjoyed at GCSE, macro is just of no interest to me. What about you? I mean, I do like the Hayek approach for macro economics, but I just find it hard to be interested in it when most of the global economies are in debt.

I also enjoy micro a lot more. It's much more intuitive. I find macro so dry...boring - Listing off policies and whatnot. Exploring monopolies, oligopolies, monopsonies and bilateral monopolies is much more fun.

I guess macro is easier to talk about? You can always slap in an economic indicator or whatever. :colone:
What do you mean? Haha.

You know exactly what I mean
Edexcel, you?

Same exdecel 👍
Original post by swagmister
Same exdecel 👍

I enjoy macro cuz of the the chains of analysis which i find quite fun lol whereas with micro, there aren't really any chains, just knowledge
I'm ****ED. I get the structure of how to answer stuff but I need to refresh my memory for the definitions.

Quick Reply

Latest