The Student Room Group

My hair is falling out. Help mrs holmes!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
X

Could be your diet. Make sure you're eating right. And also make sure you're not over-shampooing your hair.
Original post by Josb
You're getting old. You shouldn't have laughed at my age.

insecure much?
It could be stress. This sometimes happens to people when they're experiencing intense pressure/undergoing persistent stress. My dear, I hope you're ok. Take it easy <3
it could just be a level stress. my hair used to fall out because of it and so did my cousins :/ just relax and keep eating and sleeping on time! Do go to the doctor just in case and also remember, hair falls out all the time! by the looks of it you may have pulled out a knot and not realised it :redface:
I think it's the severe stress :console:
Original post by Josb
You're getting old. You shouldn't have laughed at my age.

:talkhand::talkhand::talkhand::talkhand::talkhand::talkhand::talkhand:
Reply 26
:talkhand::talkhand::talkhand::talkhand::talkhand::talkhand::talkhand:

Granny.
Original post by nucdev
Typical Desi remedy - put coconut oil or Amla oil in your hair.

Avocado paste works too I hear :yep:
Original post by zargabaath
avocado paste works too i hear :yep:

doessss itttt?! I have 4 avacado's downstairs!
My hair is falling out, what do I do?!

I just untied my hair and a huge chunk fell out with my hair band (I'll post a pic in a second) and it really upset me so I took the hair band down stairs and the horrified look on my dads face scared me even more. Also my grandma is over from the US and she keeps going on about how terrible my hair is and how thin it has gotten.

What do I do? :eek4:

Ask your GP to take a blood test and see if your iron levels are low. It could be because of that.
Make sure you stay calm, stress and hard work can make it worse.
Original post by nucdev
Typical Desi remedy - put coconut oil or Amla oil in your hair.

I actually have coconut oil in my hair at present!
Do you keep your hair tied up often? Sometimes if you keep it up without combing it, hair that naturally falls out accumulates so when you finally do comb it out it freaks you out seeing all that hair.

See a doc, are your nails bad?
doessss itttt?! I have 4 avacado's downstairs!

You should Google it before taking my word on it, but I'm sure my grandma used to use it on my female cousins when we were all young
Depending on how old you are, it may be due to exam stress too if you have them coming up soon
image.jpg

This doesn't look normal! :cry2:

That's nothing! Don't worry! I often have that, and *touch wood* my hair is pretty thick and long. Looks like you had a bit of a knot that's all. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you a vegetarian or abstain from meat for long periods of time? Meat contains zinc which is responsible for cell re-growth, and people with zinc deficiency often experience hair loss.
Original post by Twinpeaks
That's nothing! Don't worry! I often have that, and *touch wood* my hair is pretty thick and long. Looks like you had a bit of a knot that's all. :smile:

Lucky! Mine is thinning out a lot, it's long but it's thin :frown: It falls out all over my floors, the bath tub, in my hair brush and now in my hairband! :frown:
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Are you a vegetarian or abstain from meat for long periods of time? Meat contains zinc which is responsible for cell re-growth, and people with zinc deficiency often experience hair loss.

Yes I am, maybe that is also another factor :frown: Also stress!
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Ask your GP to take a blood test and see if your iron levels are low. It could be because of that.
Make sure you stay calm, stress and hard work can make it worse.

Yes I've been told to get one but I haven't actually found the time! :frown:
Original post by chickenfoot
omg once when i washed my hair i saw something like this in the tub o:

maybe detangle your hair?
and i wanna say coconut oil because apparently it's amazing for everything so

I always see this in the tub :frown:
Original post by SeanFM
I think it's the severe stress :console:

I that is it! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest