The Student Room Group

Would you date someone who was bisexual as well mix race?

I often worry about this because ever since I realised and accepted that I was bisexual, I wondered how many people would actually want to date me if they found out. I was already worrying about the fact that I'm mixed White and Black Caribbean and many guys I've been interested in (as I have a preference for guys) seemed to be less interested in me and I feel like this is one of the contributing factors. However, this may just be me feeling insecure about the way I look in comparison to other girls.

Scroll to see replies

Neither of those things are at all relevant when I'm tryna figure out if I'm attracted to somebody or nah
Original post by senpyi
I often worry about this because ever since I realised and accepted that I was bisexual, I wondered how many people would actually want to date me if they found out. I was already worrying about the fact that I'm mixed White and Black Caribbean and many guys I've been interested in (as I have a preference for guys) seemed to be less interested in me and I feel like this is one of the contributing factors. However, this may just be me feeling insecure about the way I look in comparison to other girls.

Sure, don't see why not. (Retired_Messiah hit the nail on the head p much)

You do get the odd people who don't understand and/or are ********s about it, but those are the people you don't want to be dating anyway.

You're fine just as you are :redface:
Reply 3
Original post by Retired_Messiah
Neither of those things are at all relevant when I'm tryna figure out if I'm attracted to somebody or nah

Thank you for replying, I hope there are more people like you out there because not everyone is like you and its a shame.
Reply 4
Original post by lightwoXd
Sure, don't see why not. (Retired_Messiah hit the nail on the head p much)

You do get the odd people who don't understand and/or are ********s about it, but those are the people you don't want to be dating anyway.

You're fine just as you are :redface:

Thank you, yeah that's so true. I wouldn't want to waste my time on people like that anyway. I'm just going to try and continue being happy and being me:smile:
The only people who care about race are grand prix
Original post by senpyi

Mix race girls can be beaut, but I wouldn't date someone bisexual, just my opinion.. :biggrin:
I doubt most people care that your mixed raced. But the bisexual thing might cause an issue for some.
Reply 8
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
Mix race girls can be beaut, but I wouldn't date someone bisexual, just my opinion.. :biggrin:

That's fair enough, I understand that a lot of people wouldn't because they either don't understand or can't accept that fact, it's all a matter of opinion:smile:

Out of curiosity, why not? I'm not judging.

...yet.
I wouldn't mind at all, on either count.
Reply 11
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
The only people who care about race are grand prix

That's very true. They are the biggest prix in the world.
The race doesn't really matter cuz if anyone accepts me, I can't really complain.. It depends if I find them attractive. Don't go guys go crazy for mix girls? That's new to me if they don't.

Bisexual? Maybe not. It would be nice to talk about boy on boy romance novels with my bf and celebrities who I think are hot but I'm not sure if I want extra competition in the race, lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
That's usually what it is. That's why my Mum didn't agree with it at first. Although my relationships have nothing to do with her really, she thought I was trying to "have my cake and eat it" as they say. Even though, its not like that at all. My attraction to both genders varies but generally, I prefer men.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Out of curiosity, why not? I'm not judging.

...yet.

Anything except Heterosexuality is against my religion (Islam).....
Only reason... :biggrin: Otherwise, I genuinely wouldn't mind, as long as I loved her! :biggrin:
Bisexual female and mixed race? Sounds like the dream lass.
Anything except Heterosexuality is against my religion (Islam).....
Only reason... :biggrin: Otherwise, I genuinely wouldn't mind, as long as I loved her! :biggrin:

oh dear....
Reply 17
Original post by SmileyVibe
The race doesn't really matter cuz if anyone accepts me, I can't really complain.. It depends if I find them attractive. Don't go guys go crazy for mix girls? That's new to me if they don't.

Bisexual? Maybe not. It would be nice to talk about boy on boy romance novels with my bf and celebrities who I think are hot but I'm not sure if I want extra competition in the race, lol.

Well, I haven't yet experienced the whole 'going crazy for mix girls' thing. My Mum says that it will probably come along when I go into college but who knows? We'll have to wait and see. Yeah, I think that's how a lot of people see it. Either that or some guys think its their free ticket to having a threesome. Either way, it's not really how things go, at least for me. But hey, it's all a matter of opinion.
That is so ****ing dumb to be threatened if [you 're] dating someone bi and they leave you for the other sex?! It's like they're not doing it because that person was necessarily better in bed they're just into...the other sex...so it's kinda a given like. I wouldn't take it personally. But if anything they should all have a 3some :wink:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by 0to100
Bisexual female and mixed race? Sounds like the dream lass.

Haha well, I'm glad you think so. I hope more people think like you, then I wouldn't have to worry at all:biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending