The Student Room Group

Is fervent left-wing anti-Semitism merely a ploy to court the Islamic vote?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by limetang
And a proud one at that. But I pretty much universally mean what I say.

So you admit you're a racist then
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Itsyaboy
So you admit you're a racist then

I've never said anything that I would consider to be racist. But I'm not going to continue feeding the troll here.
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
'Antics of the Labour Party'? Do you mean the disgusting racist remarks that were made by a couple of members who were promptly(and rightly) rounded on and expelled by the party that has Jewish MPs, Jewish peers and whose last leader was Jewish?

Promptly? Most of the offending remarks were made ages ago (some, including a few of Naz Shah's, years ago) so pull the other one. :laugh:

Also, doesn't it concern you how many Labourites - especially Corbynites, surprise surprise - have been going completely ape over this whole thing? As in "how dare anybody make these accusations! They did nothing wrong!" Because it ought to......

Besides, what is a Labour investigation into this worth anyway? As a party you voted in a guy as leader who has absolutely no problem befriending and shamelessly brown nosing the most viciously anti-Semitic people imaginable.

Some Labourites like John Mann have fought against anti-Semitism for years. Many others in Labour were completely against Corbyn's election as leader due to his long, extensive and consistent history of associating with Holocaust deniers etc, They can have an opinion on this worth listening to. Anybody who supported Corbyn's election as Labour leader has no right to a view on this I'm afraid. They're a huge part of the problem because they saw nothing wrong with the above either. So for one of these people to try to defend this and claim there's not much of an issue is absolutely worthless. Nobody is buying it.
Original post by ImmunetoShaming
You mean Diane Abbot, right? What was it she said? Oh, yeah: 'white people love to play divide and rule.' I'm glad she got expelled...oh, wait.

No, you must mean Jack Dromey...what was it he said? Oh yeah, he called a Royal Mail worker a 'pikey.' I'm glad he got expelled...oh, wait.

I was also glad to see these remarks plastered over 118 news items all over the BBC, like Godfrey Bloom's comments about 'bongo bongo land.' Oh, wait, they weren't.

Maybe we should discuss the number of former BNP members who are now standing Labour councillors? Or maybe we should discuss the former head of a neo-Nazi movement who's a standing Labour councillor? Should I go on?

Or maybe we should discuss something that's actually on topic.
Original post by KimKallstrom
Promptly? Most of the offending remarks were made ages ago (some, including a few of Naz Shah's, years ago) so pull the other one. :laugh:

Also, doesn't it concern you how many Labourites - especially Corbynites, surprise surprise - have been going completely ape over this whole thing? As in "how dare anybody make these accusations! They did nothing wrong!" Because it ought to......

Besides, what is a Labour investigation into this worth anyway? As a party you voted in a guy as leader who has absolutely no problem befriending and shamelessly brown nosing the most viciously anti-Semitic people imaginable.

Some Labourites like John Mann have fought against anti-Semitism for years. Many others in Labour were completely against Corbyn's election as leader due to his long, extensive and consistent history of associating with Holocaust deniers etc, They can have an opinion on this worth listening to. Anybody who supported Corbyn's election as Labour leader has no right to a view on this I'm afraid. They're a huge part of the problem because they saw nothing wrong with the above either. So for one of these people to try to defend this and claim there's not much of an issue is absolutely worthless. Nobody is buying it.

Made ages ago, and brought to the attention of everyone, including the Labour hierarchy, very recently.

The only people that are going 'completely ape' over this whole thing are the radical right who are using racism (which would be denied and covered up as much as possible if it came from a Ukip source) to make wildly untrue accusations about Labour:lol:

I'd be interested to see where Corbyn has actually made an anti-Semitic remark or openly stated his support for anti-Semitic ideas? Because frankly, if you think that someone magically agrees with all of the views of anyone they associate with, then you really shouldn't be taken seriously.

And I hope you're not one of the righties that moans about how everything is PC gone mad either, what with your comment about Corbynistas not having a right to have a view.
Made ages ago, and brought to the attention of everyone, including the Labour hierarchy, very recently.

The only people that are going 'completely ape' over this whole thing are the radical right who are using racism (which would be denied and covered up as much as possible if it came from a Ukip source) to make wildly untrue accusations about Labour:lol:

I'd be interested to see where Corbyn has actually made an anti-Semitic remark or openly stated his support for anti-Semitic ideas? Because frankly, if you think that someone magically agrees with all of the views of anyone they associate with, then you really shouldn't be taken seriously.

And I hope you're not one of the righties that moans about how everything is PC gone mad either, what with your comment about Corbynistas not having a right to have a view.

'Radical', interchangeable with 'far-right', has become nothing more than a modern euphemism for 'I have no logical, rational argument and these people are speaking sense, so let's slander them and turn an entire political wing into a pejorative term.'

You're right, the world hasn't gone PC mad, just the left.
(edited 7 years ago)

Is the Guardian classed as the "radical right"? Even the Guardian's commentators have slated Labour over this and have referred to a deep-rooted anti-semitism problem rather than a few individuals.
This has been a ticking time bomb amongst many labour supporters/leftists waiting to go off for a long while.
I know personally from talking over the years to left-wing friends that their support for all things Palestinian and dislike of the Israeli state has morphed into hatred of all things Jewish.
I have friends that are life long labour members that wont buy anything from M&S because they see them as a Jewish company. I'm only surprised it has taken this long to surface.
Original post by caravaggio2
This has been a ticking time bomb amongst many labour supporters/leftists waiting to go off for a long while.
I know personally from talking over the years to left-wing friends that their support for all things Palestinian and dislike of the Israeli state has morphed into hatred of all things Jewish.
I have friends that are life long labour members that wont buy anything from M&S because they see them as a Jewish company. I'm only surprised it has taken this long to surface.

I'm not sure that Palestine is the only factor. Jews in the whole are successful people and accordingly there are a lot of Jews in the upper class. The left's always considered such people as social enemies.

However, have the antics of the Labour Party - at least for the last few weeks - merely been about courting the Islamic vote? Is this the stage in time where we're finally seeing a concerted effort to appeal to a burgeoning Islamic community - currently estimated to be 2.7 million people - in terms they understand?

The Labour Party already has their vote, by and large.

For the most part, the far left's anti-semitic views are very much deeply held rather than opportunistic.

I'd be interested to see where Corbyn has actually made an anti-Semitic remark or openly stated his support for anti-Semitic ideas?

He praised Hamas as being "dedicated to peace and social justice". In the Hamas Charter they advocate for violence (and even death) against all Jewish people.

By befriending, supporting and protecting anti-semites, you accrue a degree of moral culpability for it. Corbyn's actions have made it quite clear that he is, at best, indifferent to anti-semitism where speaking out against it would offend his ideological bedfellows
Original post by KimKallstrom

Well said. When the Corbyn supporters claim that Labour can't be anti-semitic because X,Y,Z I think it should be pointed out that this isn't about Labour per se. The accusation is that the Corbyn faction of the Labour Party is functionally anti-semitic.

As you say, there are many in the party who fervently opposed his being elected leader precisely because of these problems with anti-semitism (amongst others)
Reply 52
Do I sound like I'm a Left winger to you? I know what the Jews are doing. I know why they were disliked...

Most Left wingers above all prescribe to political correctness and this idea of tolerance

Right wingers dislike these things, except when it comes to the Jews then they're as PC as everyone else

Did it occur to people that the Jews do everything to create anti-Semitism? Why is there not anti-Semitism equivalents for other people but only the Jews?

You are quick to victim label them but never address what causes anti-Semitism in the first place.

At the end of the day the Jews have Israel and always planned to destroy the West from within. You can contribute even the likes of Marxism to that...

They are destroyers of nations..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
We all know the Muslim community isn't averse to an illiberal view or two, ie, according to the Guardian 40% of the Muslim community wants to see Sharia Law imposed on British society.

However, have the antics of the Labour Party - at least for the last few weeks - merely been about courting the Islamic vote? Is this the stage in time where we're finally seeing a concerted effort to appeal to a burgeoning Islamic community - currently estimated to be 2.7 million people - in terms they understand?

Ken Livingstone appears to be the sacrificial pawn - he was once a player, but now exists on the periphery of British politics. While every MSM organisation has come out in opposition to growing levels of anti-Semitism within the Labour Party - and throughout the left-wing - is it merely a ploy to court Islamic sympathy?

It is pretty normal for the left and the Islamic community to be in bed together. They hold very similar views and have the same goals. You rarely
find a left winger who is not also pro Islam and you rarely find a Muslim who is not a left winger or liberal. They go hand in hand.
Reply 54
Original post by The Epicurean
If you want to attract the anti-semitic vote, you wouldn't remove individuals who were anti-semitic, but defend them and keep them in the party, but Ken Livingstones departure would seem to imply the opposite. If they want a party an anti-semitic party, they always have George Galloway to vote for.

Anyway, not everybody on the Left supports Islamists or condones anti-Semitism.

Not everybody but at least 99%, in the case of TSR we can say all left wingers but 5 are anti-Semitic and pro-Islam
Reply 55
'Antics of the Labour Party'? Do you mean the disgusting racist remarks that were made by a couple of members who were promptly(and rightly) rounded on and expelled by the party that has Jewish MPs, Jewish peers and whose last leader was Jewish?

Pathetic attempt to convince yourself (not us) that Labour is not an anti-Semitic party. It's widely accepted the left are pro Islam and anti-Semitic. Don't live in denial, embrace it, it's what you stand for after all
We all know the Muslim community isn't averse to an illiberal view or two, ie, according to the Guardian 40% of the Muslim community wants to see Sharia Law imposed on British society.

Ken Livingstone appears to be the sacrificial pawn - he was once a player, but now exists on the periphery of British politics. While every MSM organisation has come out in opposition to growing levels of anti-Semitism within the Labour Party - and throughout the left-wing - is it merely a ploy to court Islamic sympathy?

I'm a Muslim and there could be a good reason why they are supporting Muslims.

I'm guessing you're talking about this? An article which is more than 10 years old? Come on, this is beyond fail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending