The Student Room Group

IGCSE English Language Exam on Tuesday 3rd May 2016 Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Buzz
(edited 7 years ago)
If I got 50/50 on my written coursework and 25/30 on the speaking, how many marks did I need to get in the exam for an A*?
Original post by Miastephens1512
If I got 50/50 on my written coursework and 25/30 on the speaking, how many marks did I need to get in the exam for an A*?

Around 30 I believe.
Original post by andr3wbarton
paper is out of 50 marks

c:28
b:32
a:36
a*:40

how much fr the core then?
I got 32 in coursework and 22 in s+l can someone tell me what I need for an A and A* please
Reply 105
How did you find the test guys?? I found it so hard. Seriously, what was passage A going on about?!
As it was a letter, did you need to end it with 'yours sincerely' or something??
I didn't realise he was in hospital will I get marked down for question one since I didn't realise
Original post by Ashton1102
What points for 3A did you all right I can only remember one and that was the CCA/CAA vuris for the bees.
I found question 1 the hardest. But just think I've failed the test now as I never said about her injurie :frown:

Same I didn't say anything about the injuring 😭
Bullet point 3 screwed me over as well as me running out of time! :s-smilie: >.
Original post by andr3wbarton
paper is out of 50 marks

c:28
b:32
a:36
a*:40

The boundaries change every exam and this summer's won't have been decided yet..
[QUOTE=Th;64555045]He was already in hospital though
No he wasn't he had to be collected and she had to go with him
[QUOTE=JakeAntonyBrown;64563115]Around 30 I believe.

I got 40/50 coursework 24/30 S&L how much do I need for an A
Oh and I'm confused because the total is out of 125 but it should be out of 130?
Original post by 11207ymir
I got 40/50 coursework 24/30 S&L how much do I need for an A
Oh and I'm confused because the total is out of 125 but it should be out of 130?

S&L is scaled down to 25.
According to last years gb I need a total of 96 to get an A my S&L gets scaled down to 20/25 and 40/50 so I need 36 in the paper to get and A right?
Original post by 11207ymir
According to last years gb I need a total of 96 to get an A my S&L gets scaled down to 20/25 and 40/50 so I need 36 in the paper to get and A right?

That seems about right...
Original post by Sneakypie
Hi did anyone else for the First language extended paper 2, question 1, say that it was one of the students and not Mrs. Salmon??? or am i the only one?

i wrote the tall student did it :frown: idk if it is right or not. my teacher said it supposed to be miss salmon because she wanted to miss out lesson and just go to her rented house :frown:
Original post by Sneakypie
Hi did anyone else for the First language extended paper 2, question 1, say that it was one of the students and not Mrs. Salmon??? or am i the only one?

i wrote the tall student did it :frown: idk if it is right or not. my teacher said it supposed to be miss salmon because she wanted to miss out lesson and just go to her rented house :frown:
Original post by PenguinNinja
Hey everyone, i got 48/50 in coursework and 21/30 in speaking and listening. How many marks would I need in the exam to get an A or A*.

No point dwelling on it as it won't have been decided yet.
I got 32 in coursework and 22 in s+l can someone tell me what I need for an A and A* please
About 46 for an A and u can't get an A* unless you improve the coursework

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending