The Student Room Group

How did you find the IGCSE English Language exam?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natalieloi
I didn't understand Q1 at all , it said pretend you are Maria , but why at the end said Maria Rose Head= M.R Head ?

Al assumed it was Mr head who wrote the letter (her husband) and that he had poor spelling when really it was the wife( Maria Rose Head) who wrote the letter that got them the free trip. M.R.H is maria rose head's initial.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by simba_madridsta
I started from question 3 because it has more marks and I was instructed to by my teacher but i absolutely loved Q3 it was so easy.

Q1 was next and it was pretty good but I doubt I got a reasonable amount of marks for it but I reckon I got 9,10 or 11 out of 20.

Q2 was the hardest because the quality of the quotes were **** and all I said for the effects was about imagery,making the person want to read more etc.

I probably got like 2/10 for q. 2 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Honoustly MR HEAD did my FUC*KIN "HEAD"IN .....................I just hope i get higher than a "BEE"!
Original post by Rhianmaghie
Did anyone do the core?

me!
Original post by I'm_infires
I probably got like 2/10 for q. 2 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol I probably got the same.
Reply 85
Original post by Rhianmaghie
follow me and im gonna try to find links to it. Dont worry we will get through this, before the results day :biggrin:

YES PLEASE I WANT TO GET THE GRADE BOUNDRIES DOWN TO 3 MARKS BEING a* OR ATLEAST a
jokes but
honoustly yes i wanna complain all of us should lets do this please
fuc* me
Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
Did anyone else talk about f**king white-washed walls?!?!

Yes I did.
Reply 87
I almost fell asleep reading rhe passages...and why the hell were both of them about bees XD q2 was a mess .. The powerful phrases were NOT powerful XD
Original post by luke8765
Are bees and honeybees different because i re done my one because i though honey bees and bees were different, is this good???

omg i thought so too! I always thought that every bees make honey??
Guys,In q1 for the 3rd bullet I mentioned the following:-They would continue to undertake more excursions if the husband was fit enough- They would just stay and relax in the hotel-They would leave earlier than Friday in the case that the husband could no longer do anything on the trip (because of his injury)I then said that we were still undecided and that it all depends on my husband's injury.......Is that fine? Pls respond someone, thanks
I dont think I signed off with 'lots of love' or anything are they going to penalise me for that?
Original post by Yuuna
I almost fell asleep reading the passages...and why the hell were both of them about bees XD q2 was a mess . The powerful phrases were NOT powerful XD

I completely agree!
@hanifa.b I died read these comments 😂😂😂😂😭💔 thank god we did our IGCSE last year
Reply 93
Are bees and honeybees different because i re done my one because i though honey bees and bees were different, is this good???
Guys I wrote to the hotel owner instead of a friend In Q1 will this drastically affect my Q1 grade as I need 29 like Q2 and Q3 went extremely well. Apparently I'll get deducted writing marks but I don't know reply quickly thanks
lol i spent way over an hour on q1 and then did the whole of q2 and q3 in like 20mins
Reply 96
Original post by StressMagnet
Guys I wrote to the hotel owner instead of a friend In Q1 will this drastically affect my Q1 grade as I need 29 like Q2 and Q3 went extremely well. Apparently I'll get deducted writing marks but I don't know reply quickly thanks

they cant take away marks from you
The only thing good about the exam is the fact that now it's over, I don't have to do anymore English language and I get free breakfast in school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bikiniikilll
Al assumed it was Mr head who wrote the letter (her husband) and that he had poor spelling when really it was the wife( Maria Rose Head) who wrote the letter that got them the free trip. M.R.H is maria rose head's initial.

Same....
Original post by StressMagnet

Depends on how obvious it was, loads of people wrote as the wrong person in the yr 10 mock lol if you did that well in q2 and 3 you probably could maybe get a b

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending