The Student Room Group

Apple or android?

Scroll to see replies

Most people I know, particularly young people, have Apple products so I was basing my comment from that fact
Original post by Ayman!
My S6 is worse. Lasts about 2.5 hours but my N5 would cross 4 to 4.5 with a custom kernel

2.5sot or literally 2.5?
Original post by blackdiamond97
Most people I know, particularly young people, have Apple products so I was basing my comment from that fact

Well at least now you have first hand experience not to reach conclusions based on anecdotal evidence.
Original post by u.sha
Do you prefer Apple products or androids?

Apple
Personally I prefer Android. I really don't get why people prefer Apple... They're not exactly flexible and can't really do as much. Like, if you get an Apple product, then you can only use it with other Apple products which is really annoying. E.g. I recently found out that you can't connect with other phones via Bluetooth unless both phones are iPhones. Dayumnn... OK so perhaps Bluetooth may have died out recently but this is just one example. But then again ngl, they do look way cooler xD If only they were just more compatible!!
Reply 45
Original post by samb1234
2.5sot or literally 2.5?

SOT on mobile Internet. Lol, literally 2.5 would make it a ripoff 😂

What are you using right now?
Can't believe android is leading the way.....

In the society we have today, apple is seen as something of higher standard than android.....
That's my opinion... :biggrin:
Original post by cherryred90s
Oh and let's not start on android emojis, they're tragic.

lmaoooooo true xD
Apple emojis are essential.
Original post by Ayman!
SOT on mobile Internet. Lol, literally 2.5 would make it a ripoff 😂

What are you using right now?

g4, my sot is similar lol. At least i have a fast charger
Reply 49
Original post by samb1234
g4, my sot is similar lol. At least i have a fast charger

Same :five: couldn't live without that 45 min charging time. I was considering either through G4 or the S6 funnily enough.

I don't get why Android manufacturers make phones thinner and thinner when all I want is a thicker battery. Looks like Samsung took a step in the right direction with the S7 in terms of battery life
Original post by Ayman!
Same :five: couldn't live without that 45 min charging time. I was considering either through G4 or the S6 funnily enough.

I don't get why Android manufacturers make phones thinner and thinner when all I want is a thicker battery. Looks like Samsung took a step in the right direction with the S7 in terms of battery life

Yeah by the sounds of it the s7 (especially the edge) have great battery life. Yeah its kind of annoying, i mean my screen is nice and all but id happily have a hd one and better battery life. At least if i need to i can buy another battery and swap them or even buy an extended battery case but i havent had to do that yet
Original post by Ayman!
My S6 is worse. Lasts about 2.5 hours but my N5 would cross 4 to 4.5 with a custom kernel

2.5 hours :eek:
apple as i can afford it but a do like the recent samsung s6 and the new s7
Original post by Daimonos
Well at least now you have first hand experience not to reach conclusions based on anecdotal evidence.

No need to be that condescending...
Definitely a big fan of Apple products to be honest!

To the extent that although I don't particularly like the design of the Smart Case, I'm still getting it just because...
Original post by u.sha
Do you prefer Apple products or androids?

Personally, I prefer to use android. They're much easier to customize and easier to locate if you end up losing your android device. I've not lost mine (so far) but it's still a useful backup in case you do lose it. Getting music onto android is also much easier to do than with apple.
I have an iPhone rn and I honestly still prefer android, a phone I had 3 years ago that cost half the price of this phone and could do more or less everything the same, not worth the money imo
Ive only ever had android phones (because all i need is a cheap one as i dont speak to anyone).
Ive owned (and still do own) both an ipad and an androis tablet.
Ive had two ipads (1st gen and Air 2) and both work perfectly still!
One of my android tablets is new so it works whereas the other one has the same specs as an ipad yet barely worked.

Apple FTW!! Cant fault their products (just make them a littlw cheaper!!)
I used to like Andriod, but the software becomes too slow when you've got loads of stuff in your phone. I've gotten an iPhone recently and I am really happy with it, it runs smoothly and has a better security system than Android.
I use both, each have their pro's and con's.

Apple (Devices: Late 2013 MBP15, iPad Mini 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 6S Plus) -

Native Continuity is brilliant (can be done with android, but its incredibly unstable) with the macbook, especially when I'm working. Processes are more easily managed, when you turn it off, it turns off. Battery life on iDevices is excellent. Price is high, but then the products are usually well refined.

From a work perspective, as developing for, Apple is beyond being a monumental pain in the backside regardless of whether Native or Web App.

Android (Devices: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 5, One Plus One, One Plus Two, Xiaomi Mi5 Pro, Nexus 7 2012, Pixel C, Asus Transformer) -

Plenty of variety, so able to fit to each particular users requirements easily, cheap, reasonably reliable. Battery life is dependent on device, but generally the more powerful devices are either a trade off between style and function, with function being the loser. Note 3, Nexus 5 and 1+1 battery life is appalling under heavy use. App quality outside of powerhouse companies is usually far, far lower.

From a work perspective, as developing for, Android is all over the place with so many devices and OS version's, one thing google need to reassess is whether they move for unified OS (currently in discussion I believe) as leaving the onus to manufacturers currently means Android is too inconsistent to bother with Native Applications, instead Cordova/PhoneGap or Web App is preferable.

Original post by Mooz Shehri
and has a better security system than Android.

Security is a myth. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending