The Student Room Group

Are you getting study leave?

Scroll to see replies

My college is giving the first years 4 weeks study leave this year, but us second years have to be in lessons until 27th of May and we didn't get study leave last year either! So unfair
Original post by dmy15
same! let me guess is it AQA Psychology?

i wish my school offered psychology gcse, nah edexcel rs unit 1
Reply 82
I think had about two/three weeks study leave before GCSEs started. I probably spent most of it working, sunbathing and smoking weed. This was 2001. I'd like to apologise to all of you who weren't even born then who will now be missing out on study leave because I was a dick, but I'm not sorry in the least. Hahahaha! Suckers!
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
My college is giving the first years 4 weeks study leave this year, but us second years have to be in lessons until 27th of May and we didn't get study leave last year either! So unfair

my school has no sixth form :frown:
so we have to leave lol

and we break up on the 12th of May and we've already had our French orals and art exams.
our first written exam is on the 16th of May! so that's only FOUR DAYS.
its because we haven't finished some subjects
my school is a bitch, until last year study leave was meant to be this week but for us we have it after half term and theres no point since i would have done most of my exams by 27 May
Sadly no study leave for me. I wish we had one as I prefer independent revision rather than class revision as I can focus on my own weaknesses.I did have study leave for GCSEs which I thought was a very good thing.
Getting study leave on the day of my first exam -_-
School's so pointless now; I do so much better revision at home.
And the thing that annoys me about school, is the fact that they force certain revision on you. Like I would be fine going to my lessons, as long as the teachers allow me to get on with my own revision. But when they make me go through a certain topic or certain past paper, it's just -_____-
I have weaker topics that I need to revise more and they just don't seem to understand -_-
Just stop turning up. Us hard workers work better at home and we want the best grades, if they know you're a top student and you can get your parents to back you up they will turn a blind eye as ultimately they want the best results for their school
Reply 88
Original post by fastandfurious
Getting study leave on the day of my first exam -_-
School's so pointless now; I do so much better revision at home.
And the thing that annoys me about school, is the fact that they force certain revision on you. Like I would be fine going to my lessons, as long as the teachers allow me to get on with my own revision. But when they make me go through a certain topic or certain past paper, it's just -_____-
I have weaker topics that I need to revise more and they just don't seem to understand -_-

So stay at home... :wink:
Original post by ombtom
So stay at home... :wink:

Ohhhh I am :P but it isn't easy thinking of an excuse to give for missing a month of school
Original post by fastandfurious
Ohhhh I am :P but it isn't easy thinking of an excuse to give for missing a month of school

Say you have glandular fever that lasts agesss
A whole 5 weeks off
I'm a lower sixth student so I did my GCSEs last year. My school claimed they were no longer allowed to give study leave (for GCSEs) so I decided that since I 100% knew I'd get more work done at home that I would not be attending school at times when I felt it wasn't necessary.

If you really honestly think study leave would benefit your education then I'd recommend doing the same as I did as it allows you to get a solid day of work done. However, if you maybe find it difficult to motivate yourself make the most of your school pushing you to work during school time.
my school had loads of study leave last yr but they got rid of it this yr because the results went down and were the worst results since 2005 lol
Original post by Anonymousgirl13
I'm a lower sixth student so I did my GCSEs last year. My school claimed they were no longer allowed to give study leave (for GCSEs) so I decided that since I 100% knew I'd get more work done at home that I would not be attending school at times when I felt it wasn't necessary.

If you really honestly think study leave would benefit your education then I'd recommend doing the same as I did as it allows you to get a solid day of work done. However, if you maybe find it difficult to motivate yourself make the most of your school pushing you to work during school time.

I'm gonna get my parents to write a letter because i waste soo much time just travelling to and from skl and all we ever do in chem is play 'revision games' and our bio teacher doesnt even turn up half the time ffs
Reply 95
Original post by s.mo
we dont need it but i can get so much more revision done at home and focus more on stuff i dont understand

I took Thursday off and its bank holiday weekend this week so im thinking of taking one day off every week but obviously my school is strict and it might be too obvious :colonhash:

i left at the start of January so lucky
If I am international student (have to attend for visa) and my parents will regularly email the school that I am feeling unwell so that I can study at home, would it look suspicious? Would the school stop accepting emails from my parents at some point and I will end up with anautharized absences or they must believe parents?
(edited 7 years ago)
nop
I don't get study leave. It's a good thing tbh. I got 10 minutes of revision done this weekend...
We don't get study leave at all at my school and the school sent out a letter saying unauthorized absences or illness days without a proper medical note will result in Yr 13s not being allowed to prom :frown:
In my opinion it is just the school making sure they get the good results to make them look good rather than allowing us to be independent and prepare for university.

Quick Reply

Latest