The Student Room Group

Predict your hardest A-level exam this summer.....

Scroll to see replies

Chemistry unit 5 (CHEM5) aqa. The actual topics aren't hard to understand, the calculations is a breeze, but jheeze! So many things to memorize. You study more colours in this exam than in an art exam.
Original post by Ninjakam119
Chemistry unit 5 (CHEM5) aqa. The actual topics aren't hard to understand, the calculations is a breeze, but jheeze! So many things to memorize. You study more colours in this exam than in an art exam.

So true, i think it helps tho If you basically know that for example, all Fe2+ complexes are green, all Fe3+ are brown, all Cu2+ are blue (except for carbonate) etc and then just learn the shades/ppt or not, and the odd ones out for example Cuco3 or Ch(NH3)6, idk thats just the way i do it
A2 Government and Politics. Both units. :indiff:
mechanics 2 and chemistry unit 5 :s-smilie:
M3 - taught most of it to myself, and the very concept of impulse can go do one. T.T
Chemistry Unit 5 - Edexcel
Grade boundaries are too high!
even though I got As in my unit 4 and unit 5 chemistry mock, that was only because of me doing past papers!
Chem 4 and Fp3
Bio/Chem unit 5, core 3 and core 4.
Original post by Science_help
aha yep your right

How many A-levels do you take? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pix2015
How many A-levels do you take? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

4 this year then dropping one nex year. what dyu ŵnt to do at uni?
Original post by Science_help
4 this year then dropping one nex year. what dyu ŵnt to do at uni?

I'm not sure whether I want to go to uni. I don't know what I want to do as a career, so I don't really want to get a degree in something yet. If I was to get a degree I would pick something like maths or product design, because I wouldn't know what to do with a drama degree even though drama is my favourite subject.

Ah, four that must be a lot of work. What subject are you dropping? Have you got any linear subjects?
Reply 131
I'm doing 10 exams. Easiest to hardest.

- C1
- C2
- F332 (chem unit 2)
- S1
- Physics unit 5
- Physics unit 4
- F334 (chem unit 4)
- F335 (chem unit 5)
- C3 (forgot most about it)
- C4 (killing me right now)
Original post by sadiowitch

S2
Genuinely easier than S1

I need AAA for my university offer, but as I had quite high UMS last year, I'll need BBB, excluding general studies.

Thats nice to hear that S2 is easier than S1 considering I'm about to self teach S2 in 5 days theory + 3 days past papers = 8 days tops starting from tomorrow onwards. :tongue:

GL @grades :smile:
Reply 133
Hardest to easiest

M4
Of all the modules I've taken. Every single unit with exception to resisted motion (and maybe stability) are amongst the hardest I've had to grasp especially relative motion which in terms of understanding and drawing the diagrams is downright barbaric.

Physics Unit 4
The killer for me here is electromagnetic induction and fields (Gravitational and electric) the rest of the unit can be covered moderately with focused revision

Physics Unit 5a
For thermal and nuclear sections all i need is revision and a brush up on what is what but however the astrophysics albeit interesting is very demanding in my opinion.

M3
Sections which involve diagrams i tend to struggle with this unit is no exception with S.H.M, circular motion and strings especially a S.H.M question involving a string and having to find the period. Other qualms involves Hemispheres/cones/any compound shape on an inclined plane.

M5
Module is quite a way down the list due to the first two three sections as they are quite calculus heavy(i.e Moment of inertia) haven't even started on one section yet so it is subject to change as I work through this module.

FP2
Most of the module im fine with however transformations on an argand diagram and polar graphs i still need to revise and fully get my head around it

FP3
As this module is introducing something completely new (Hyperbolic functions) And a lot of calculus This shouldnt be to bad considering in the exam for conics they only stick to two types of locus questions. To finish this module i only need to finish of vectors and matrices

Physics unit 2 (Retake)
Waves and diffraction gratings seriously needs some focused revision other than that the rest can be done with a lot of revision

FP1
As long as i brush up on matrices the proper layout of proof by induction and linear interpolation i should get high marks

Physics unit 1 (Retake)
Since last year ive managed to get increasingly better at photoelectric effect and oscilloscope questions

M2
The difficulty curve is only a tad higher than M1's need a bit of work on statics though

M1
Understand all of the content except maybe a few bits on vectors. Main thing that might drag me down are sign errors

C4
Only problem i find in this module was vectors and maybe certain cases of percentage errors but other than that i find this module easy

C3
Revised this module in a voracious manner only two things that may trip me up are algebraic division and deriving the half angle formulas likely to achieve an A* given that the exams do not get any harder

C1 (Retake)
Requires minimal revision compared to the others only things that may require a twice over are Series and asymptote graphs.

All in all for my firm uni i need AAA but with extreme effort i may end up with an A*AA
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Thats nice to hear that S2 is easier than S1 considering I'm about to self teach S2 in 5 days theory + 3 days past papers = 8 days tops starting from tomorrow onwards. :tongue:

GL @grades :smile:

It's easier in the sense that if you learn what you're doing, the questions are all just repeats of themselves! Don't take my word for it though!! If you need any help, just shout :smile:
Definitely CHEM4 AND BIO4
FP2 will slaughter me, C4 is looking worrying, and I'm not too confident for S2 and C3 either. Rest of maths should be OK, and Chemistry and Physics are all looking promising.
Reply 137
Spanish Papers -_-
they will be the death of me
also if they make the Aeneid 40 marker super out there i might flip out
FP2 is going to kill me
FP3 is gonna be terrible...
M2 might break me considering the exam is in 2 weeks and we haven't finished the course yet :frown:
Bio5 essays are scaring me right now, so is chem unit 5
just in general I have in no way done enough revision for this year, A*AA is looking like a far away dream right now :frown:
Original post by Muttski
Yes, AS Law.

My teacher says I could get full marks but I'm slightly doubting myself as I occasionally forget a few things.

Don't doubt yourself. Confidence is everything, honestly. If you panic about forgetting something, you are more likely to forget it. Like I said, try and do a lot of past papers. I am currently doing A2, and I like to plan my essays without the book, and then I use a different pen to add the things I have forgotten. It is a great way to revise.

Quick Reply

Latest