The Student Room Group

2 weeks left to first AS Exam!! Are you confident?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abstract_Prism
Feeling fairly confident for my first, History, but Lit is soon after that and I'm not that great at it tbh. :/

I'm doing lit too and I hate it! I'm doing AQA English lit B with Robert frost poetry, the kite runner, small island and rime of the ancient mariner! You?
Original post by isabeltejero
I'm doing lit too and I hate it! I'm doing AQA English lit B with Robert frost poetry, the kite runner, small island and rime of the ancient mariner! You?

Lit B with Keats, Othello, Gatsby, and Death of a Salesman. I think the most difficult will be Death of a Salesman and Gatsby.
Original post by Abstract_Prism
Lit B with Keats, Othello, Gatsby, and Death of a Salesman. I think the most difficult will be Death of a Salesman and Gatsby.

Shame we're not doing the same texts! I am hoping to get a B, what about you?
Original post by Dreamsneverend15
My predicted grades are so bad because I failed my mocks!! I'm aiming for ABB even though the B in chemistry seems kinda impossible :frown:

Good luck getting those grades!! Hope we all make it :smile:

Of course you can! So many people don't do anyway as near as well in their mocks as they do in the real things - keep working at it
:smile:Best of luck to you too I know we can!
Maths: A* hopefully
Haven't started revising properly though, just past papers.
Not doing the physics and chemistry as exams so
Yay its all starting to fall into place! Got BDU in mocks, now working at BCB (Geog, German, bio) so aiming for BBB in the exams to get projected ABB for next year! Looking forward to getting these exams done now- just wanna start applyingggggggg
Hi.

So my first exam is on the 18th and right now I'm not feeling very confident but I've decided to give my everything for the next 2 weeks and see if I can still achieve the grades I want.

I am doing History, Chemistry and German. I dropped Psychology before Easter because I couldn't cope with 4 subjects.

I have just made my revision timetable and it's scaring me a little bit but I know I can do it if I let nothing distract me in the next 2 weeks aka One piece :smile:

My current grades are:

German - A (native speaking)
History - C
Chemistry - U

Chemistry is worst and I'm really scared but I'm going to try my best to get a C.

Are you guys feeling confident for your upcoming exams. Have you covered all the content?

Woah we've got a native German in our class but he's on a D bc his unit 2 (writing/listening/reading)

Whens your speaking? Freitag :frown:
Original post by ImagineCats
Woah we've got a native German in our class but he's on a D bc his unit 2 (writing/listening/reading)

Whens your speaking? Freitag :frown:

I've already done my speaking :smile: it was on the 18th. When is yours?
AABB - AS
A*AA - A2 predictions
LET'S DO THISSSSSS
HYPEEEEE
Wow so you're aiming for all A's good luck!! Do you have any ideas to which uni's you want to apply to?

yup it's gonna be tough but it's certainly achievable if I get my head down and work hard.

Hmm this depends on what course I do. I'm torn between mechanical engineering or economics. Possibly swaying more towards the engineering side. I've been considering the top universities for both courses, such as Bath, Bristol, UCL, LSE but recently I was told by my teachers that I could potentially be good enough for Oxbridge, so I'm also considering aiming for Cambridge now. Probably not likely xD

But yeah I'm really not too sure on university yet. I think once I've got my exams out of the way I'll focus on what course I really want to do and take it from there. I'll be going to open days along the way too.
I've already done my speaking :smile: it was on the 18th. When is yours?

Ah cool how was it? What topic? Mines friday :frown:
Original post by ImagineCats
Ah cool how was it? What topic? Mines friday :frown:

It went really well :smile: I was really happy with it. I'm doing edexcel what exam board are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It went really well :smile: I was really happy with it. I'm doing edexcel what exam board are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats! I'm edexcel too doing health and fitness wbu?

Quick Reply

Latest