The Student Room Group

Should european women dress modestly to accommodate other cultures?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Youngmetro
Tits out was just an exaggeration clever

And there is a rape problem: https://majorityrights.com/weblog/comments/muslim_rape_wave_in_sweden/

You're seriously out of touch with current affairs if you didnt know if there was a rape problem.

No I'm aware that people get raped "clever"! Post any link off any site mate. Like I said it's not a problem because 1st of all "problem" is an understatement, but how it's used is to imply that rape is this sudden natural thing that's becoming normal like "rape culture" and nonsense, and when you say "problem" that means, something pathological that can be treated, solved, cured, like it's a mental disorder or something. It sounds very left wing to think that rape is something that can be stopped or contained like a "problem." Again it's just disgusting individuals who do it, it's not a problem.

And no you didn't mean it as an exaggeration though did you? You meant it but if you claim exaggeration now it's even harder to take anything you say seriously.
Original post by 0to100

And no you didn't mean it as an exaggeration though did you? You meant it but if you claim exaggeration now it's even harder to take anything you say seriously.

No, you seem to be the blithering idiot who's making a fuss over this. These migrants are obviously the cause of the rape, hence why it is a 'rape problem'. Couldnt be anymore simpler, you're just out of touch with the world.
No, you seem to be the blithering idiot who's making a fuss over this. These migrants are obviously the cause of the rape, hence why it is a 'rape problem'. Couldnt be anymore simpler, you're just out of touch with the world.

It's kinda something to "fuss" about though isn't it. Lol "the cause of rape." Yea it's simple all right, damn near stupid.
Reply 63
No, they wear what they want to.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
It's kinda something to "fuss" about though isn't it. Lol "the cause of rape." Yea it's simple all right, damn near stupid.

You cant see the correlation between the migrants and the sudden increase in rape?
Original post by digistar_100
It would be a good idea short term.

No. What would be better in the long term is getting rid of these sexist and backward notions of the female body once and for all.
You cant see the correlation between the migrants and the sudden increase in rape?

It took you how many posts to get to it since you wasted the others on vitriol
Not sure how we got from tits out to migrants though
Oh right you "exaggerated" that women who have their tits out are inciting rapists lol
like rapists give a damn about your clothing
Since you like links to prove you're smart then post links of the rape stats in the east where women are all covered up
Original post by Erebor
Italy :

Germany :

http://www.thelocal.de/20150626/refugee-school-calls-for-uniform-modesty

''A school in Bavaria has sent a letter home to parents warning them not to let their daughters wear revealing blouses or short skirts, because emergency accommodation for refugees has been set up next to the gym''

Cliffs: men from other cultures can't help themselves if they see a woman showing skin or even curves under tight clothing so if a woman gets harassed/raped/worse it's pretty much her fault since men can't help themselves.

But wouldn't us dressing to accommodate other cultures make us lose our culture? We can't build a culture on what people from other cultures want us to.

WOAH WOAH WOAH Who the heck said that? A woman doesn't ask to be attacked - some sick nasty piece of work does it our of their own free will.

Those statements both imply that Western women dress provocatively 24/7 and that they ask to be attacked, just as it does saying that all men from other backgrounds are distasteful and that they prey on women.

'Men can't help themselves..' pffttttt! As if!
Original post by 0to100
It took you how many posts to get to it since you wasted the others on vitriol
Not sure how we got from tits out to migrants though
Oh right you "exaggerated" that women who have their tits out are inciting rapists lol
like rapists give a damn about your clothing
Since you like links to prove you're smart then post links of the rape stats in the east where women are all covered up

the tits out bit was me saying what public indecency, its irrelevant to the point i was making
Reply 69
Surely, this is a matter of personal choice and whatever feels right to a given individual? Personally, I would chose to play safe in a situation where I am likely to feel vulnerable, be that next to a refugee camp of men not used to seeing woman in short skirts, a pub full of drunk men who can't control themselves because they are intoxicated, whatever.

It's not a matter of accommodating for other cultures, it's a matter of what feels safe to me.
the tits out bit was me saying what public indecency, its irrelevant to the point i was making

No it's literally relevant to your point, it is however irrelevant to the thread.
You mentioned the tits out because you linked it to, "when there's a rape problem."
And that is you alluding to migrants which you carried on about later.
Again irrelevant to the thread which is why I quoted you questioning what you were trying to say.
However it can link to the thread because basically you're agreeing that women need to cover up, so you're basically agreeing with the muslim men in the op video. Nice.
Reply 71
Original post by L1U1x1o
News Flash!

The frequency of white males behaving badly in this category of crime as there are brown males who make the headlines, it's just that the brown men are more memorable, you might unwittingly ignore all the comparative crimes committed by white males and subconsciously demonize the brown men because you're a racist without knowing it. Brown men make only a tiny minority in this country, which means per capita, white men commit these types of crimes against women at a higher rate.
Although this is not the issue being discussed here, it may interest you to know that the proportion of white sex offenders is 76% (from 87% of general population)
Asian sex offenders make up 8% (from 6% of general population).
So your "brown men" are in fact over represented.

When the offence is specifically grooming related, the figures are 36% white, 26% Asian, so considerably over represented.
https://fullfact.org/news/are-asians-disproportionately-represented-prosecutions-sex-offences/
Reply 72
No, but it shouldnt be public indecency i.e. walking with your tits out
Yes, because that happens all the time.

In all honesty, the women there should dress fairly modestly seeing as there is a problem there, you're just unnecessarily putting yourself in a vulnerable position when you are fully aware that there are these perverts around and there is a rape problem.
Of course, a woman walking round her home town showing her hair, and perhaps her arms, is just asking to be raped. No one's fault but hers. She knew what she was doing.

Why didn't you just come right out with it and say that the whores deserve it?
You are disgusting!
Reply 73
its opinion
Reply 74
Original post by QE2
Yes, because that happens all the time.

Of course, a woman walking round her home town showing her hair, and perhaps her arms, is just asking to be raped. No one's fault but hers. She knew what she was doing.

You are disgusting!

i think women should wear what they want
Original post by QE2

You are disgusting!

Dont take that sarcastic tone and accuse me of anything. Talk to me normally and ill give you the same respect.
Original post by QE2
Why didn't you just come right out with it and say that the whores deserve it?You are disgusting!

Nope, you're just exaggerating what im saying. The point is, there are migrants who rape and dressing provocatively will only increase likelihood. All women have the right to wear what they want. In this case the sick perverts are totally in the wrong but certainly precautions can be taken. Even if they do get assaulted, its still wholly the migrants fault. other precautions include walking with other people, or in a group, Are you going to say 'Why should they walk with others, they have the right to walk alone!'?

dont ever call me disgusting when you put words in my mouth. Ive noticed you did this before, to which i replied and exposed how wrong you were only for you to not reply. It seems like you're the disgusting one here, calling women whores.
Reply 76
Dont take that sarcastic tone and accuse me of anything. Talk to me normally and ill give you the same respect.
Boo hoo!
You get the respect that you deserve.

Nope, you're just exaggerating what im saying.
There are no degrees of blaming rape victims. If you blame them - you are disgusting. End of.

dont ever call me disgusting when you put words in my mouth.
I'll call you whatever I like, based on the nature of your posts.
If you indulge in the disgusting act of rape victim blaming, you will get called disgusting for it.

Ive noticed you did this before, to which i replied and exposed how wrong you were only for you to not reply. It seems like you're the disgusting one here, calling women whores.
I don't follow every post everyone makes. If you feel all sad and disrespected because I didn't reply to one of your posts (here, have a tissue), tag me, and I'll answer it - if I can figure out what it is that you are trying to say.
You mean should we take it up the backside? no.
Reply 78
But you must understand the islamistic goat fuc.ker. Allah gave them this passion which is hard to controll. After watching all the live coverep up woman (with the exception of sister and mother) you find it hard when you come to the West and see all thoose uncovered woman. You ever see ther hairs!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by QE2
Boo hoo!
You get the respect that you deserve.

There are no degrees of blaming rape victims. If you blame them - you are disgusting. End of.

I'll call you whatever I like, based on the nature of your posts.
If you indulge in the disgusting act of rape victim blaming, you will get called disgusting for it.

I don't follow every post everyone makes. If you feel all sad and disrespected because I didn't reply to one of your posts (here, have a tissue), tag me, and I'll answer it - if I can figure out what it is that you are trying to say.

Did I blame the victims? No, once again you have wholly ignored my post. Read. If you had noticed, i said i voted NO.

'' The point is, there are migrants who rape and dressing provocatively will only increase likelihood. All women have the right to wear what they want. In this case the sick perverts are totally in the wrong but certainly precautions can be taken. Even if they do get assaulted, its still wholly the migrants fault. other precautions include walking with other people, or in a group, Are you going to say 'Why should they walk with others, they have the right to walk alone!'?''

Interesting, you pick and choose what you reply to and totally ignored my counter argument. How about you quit TSR, we dont need anyone who generalises women as 'whores' you sick misogynist.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending