The Student Room Group

Would you feel safer being treated by a white doctor?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Charlotte49
No, if the patient has capacity to consent and has made an informed choice then that must be respected, as I reiterate, staff have no right to insist that a patient takes any course of treatment. Doctors take an oath to do no harm, and nurses follow a similar code of conduct, but patients have a right to refuse treatment (with exceptions in certain circumstances). I don't have time to explain all of the consent and capacity legislation as I'm logging off shortly, and frankly don't see the point, if you're interested you can look it up very easily online.

What're you talking about? Have you forgotten. I am saying treatment as in a dr attending to them. I doubt it's on any NHS website advising ppl how to deal with their racist preferences with who is available in ER...
Original post by Youngmetro
ironic.

What did I accuse you of and you're dragging this out, we've got that other thread where we can argue
Waiting times are a joke, I would be happy to see anyone just to get out of pain
Original post by 0to100
It's literally not the same thing but I'm glad you remember me. I never said deceitful though, did I? Idk show me where I did.
And yes I said you were using your worries for the migrants safety as an excuse to not want migrants to come in.
You never truly clarified whether or not that is the case and I left it alone.
I dont see how it's relevant to this though lol

the other girl never said she picks and choose anyone
she said she simply feels more comfortable talking to a white. And as I'm white it's not the same as you saying no to migrants is it.

No you didn't say deceitful.. but you did say you dont beleive my stated motives and went on to guess what my true motives are whilst calling me a nationalistic xenophobe -

I stated two concerns of which you never tried to address or argue, you simply, lazily and maliciously decided to reject them and say you dont believe me and you actually think im just a nationalist xenophobe. Anyway enough about that, given that discussion yesterday, your views in this thread are faarr more interesting to me

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by 0to100
Exactly a few ppl are accusing me of being racist but I said Muslim lool

hmm why did you even need to mention Muslim to anyone one? I do not know what your discussing with others as I have not checked.

And yes of course muslim is not a race. But unfortunately people do think it is and think only certain race like those from middle east or other parts of Asia are muslims lol. When muslims can be from any race or background.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 0to100
What did I accuse you of and you're dragging this out, we've got that other thread where we can argue

You're not providing anything constructive yourself. You ignore what I say and make a point completely irrelevant. So im going to treat you with the same courtesy.
Original post by h333
hmm why did you even need to mention Muslim to anyone one?

The question of the title literally asks that so I provided a specific instance to clarify my preferences
Original post by Serine Soul
Idc as long as they're hot :sexface:

My GP is a 50 year old :frown:

I think male doctors are at their sexiest when they are working through the night, they just sound more husky and sexier :colone:

I say that because I called the NHS line a couple of weeks ago, and a doctor called back and he just sounded really hot (he could have been the most hideous thing on the planet, but in my head he looked hot) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: WOW I need a life!
You're not providing anything constructive yourself. You ignore what I say and make a point completely irrelevant. So im going to treat you with the same courtesy.

what are you saying that I'm ignoring? Stop acting like a whiny girlfriend and just reiterate like wtf
Original post by Ladymusiclover
I don't care what race they are. As long I can understand what they're saying (no thick accent) and do they're job to the best of their ability.

You're exaggerating.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
No you didn't say deceitful.. but you did say you dont beleive my stated motives and went on to guess what my true motives are whilst calling me a nationalistic xenophobe -

I stated two concerns of which you never tried to address or argue, you simply, lazily and maliciously decided to reject them and say you dont believe me and you actually think im just a nationalist xenophobe. Anyway enough about that, given that discussion yesterday, your views in this thread are faarr more interesting to me

Why do ppl keep saying I'm ignoring them. If I ignore you that means I didn't answer the quote.
If I didn't then quote me like a man and continue instead of following me around with gifs
But about what you have to say, and yes I don't believe your stated motives because of other things you say in that very thread and don't ask me specifically what, I don't remember what other members I've briefly encountered say verbatim unlike some ppl.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I think male doctors are at their sexiest when they are working through the night, they just sound more husky and sexier :colone:

I say that because I called the NHS line a couple of weeks ago, and a doctor called back and he just sounded really hot (he could have been the most hideous thing on the planet, but in my head he looked hot) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: WOW I need a life!

No, it's perfectly normal! I love husky voices :colone:

My last crush is an aspiring medic, you can probably imagine the fantasies I had....
:mmm:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes

:toofunny:

Spoiler

Original post by 0to100
what are you saying that I'm ignoring? Stop acting like a whiny girlfriend and just reiterate like wtf

Read all the posts you ignored.
Read all the posts you ignored.

Lmao mate don't make me laugh no way I'm gonna go through everything on all these pgs in unspecified threads looking for what you've imagined I ignored.
Original post by Serine Soul
No, it's perfectly normal! I love husky voices :colone:

My last crush is an aspiring medic, you can probably imagine the fantasies I had....
:mmm:

:colondollar: I'm going to marry a doctor, like I will make sure I find one. I'm going to get all done up and hang out at hospitals in my spare time :colone: :flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter::flutter:

It's not weird because Princess Diana did that and she met Hasnat the heart surgeon, then she had an affair...:redface:

No but seriously though Doctors and Dentists are so sexy :flutter:
Original post by 0to100
Why do ppl keep saying I'm ignoring them. If I ignore you that means I didn't answer the quote.
If I didn't then quote me like a man and continue instead of following me around with gifs
But about what you have to say, and yes I don't believe your stated motives because of other things you say in that very thread and don't ask me specifically what, I don't remember what other members I've briefly encountered say verbatim unlike some ppl.

Nobody is following you. Im not going to prompt you to respond, feel free to go back and provide at least some semblance of argument if you so wish (I dont care)

Yes you probably didnt remember me whereas i remembered you because i did not call you a racist xenophobe. Its a pretty severe and disgusting assertion to make with no evidence to support that view... so i remembered you. The wind has changed and that faeces you threw at me has blown right back into your face

But for now i shall toast in the irony of your deeply rooted prejudices you tried to project onto me

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
:toofunny:

Spoiler

They are so attractive! VERY attractive :colondollar:

From first impressions, he was such a kind looking doctor.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest