The Student Room Group

iGCSE English Language [Unofficial Mark scheme]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ducks_sd
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1462307297.911087.jpg

guys in previous mark schemes it says additional incorrect points for the 15 mark bulletpoints will negate. Does that mean tht if you write more than 15 and some of them are wrong will they deduct marks? What does negate actually mean? I didn't write more thn 15 myself cos I couldn't actually find more and ended up blagging some but some of my friends wrote 21?! Will they get marks taken off if theyre wrong?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I actually only did 15 too as I watched Mr Salles YouTube video explaining why it's terrible to do more than 15! I think either the examiner will stop marking after 15 points OR they will begin to remove Hella marks from your friends 😁😎
Does it matter that much if you go over the word limit for question 1/2?
btw do we lose marks if we have a lot of corrected mistakes?
That's right
Original post by hsevras
honestly, was this an easier paper than last year?

much much mich easier
Question one not really you shouldn't get penalised but the summary in question 3 yes, it does matter... A lot.
But it's only 5 marks and the chances one mark would affect you greatly is really low.
Original post by meme259
Does it matter that much if you go over the word limit for question 1/2?
Reply 146
Original post by revisionmadeeasy
This has reassured me. I managed to attain an A* average in coursework worth 40% (37/40) and a high A in Speaking and listening (26/30), so I believe I should get an A* or A overall? ps. Does anyone know how to calculate the marks I needed to get an A*?

Well you need about 70 marks in total including cw and speaking and listening for a C grade and for a B it's 84 and A is 94 not sure about A* though lol sorry Hope that helped
What about the core paper? You got the mark scheme for that?
Nope sorry :frown:

Original post by Chloeeeeyyyy
What about the core paper? You got the mark scheme for that?
Nope must be 200-250 words any more or any less would put you in a bad position but like I said if u still mention all 15 points you can get 4/5
Original post by CaSama9
But they're still diseases, I just put it down as disease but I see your point. This isn't close to the official mark scheme and who knows what could be on it?

I can only hope so! I really hope they are separate :frown:
Original post by DamnDaniel2
No cos infection and virus are sort of the same in a way so adding it in two diff bullets will be like repetition. But u never know. The official mark scheme may put it as different bullet points!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's like saying an epidemic from a virus and an epidemic from fungus is the same thing :frown:
I guess it could be repetition but it's only one mark :smile:
Original post by SunnyBoys
That's like saying an epidemic from a virus and an epidemic from fungus is the same thing :frown:
I guess it could be repetition but it's only one mark :smile:

Honestly don't fret about it. The exams done and dusted. No more english language hahaha!
Also a lot of people have put it as different bullet points so if the mark scheme allows it you'll get that mark :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PenguinNinja
In bold are the points i didn't say. Just hoping i still got an A.(and that missing writing about 2 quotations from the 2nd question wont' make much of a difference)

Could an 'unnecessary expense' have got me any marks? :frown:
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Honestly don't fret about it. The exams done and dusted. No more english language hahaha!
Also a lot of people have put it as different bullet points so if the mark scheme allows it you'll get that mark :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

still got english literature --' Not so comfortable with Shakespeare and deep and dangerous poems....
Reply 155
Original post by CaSama9
[Keep checking! I will be updating. This is only a guideline on what most people put, please be free to add any other points]

With the help of Kryll, j_ball_99 and a few others.
COMPLETE

Question One
-----------------------
Letter beginning with Dear friend...

What were her first impressions of the hotel and the staff?

Al was generous as he waited in the airport for the guests to arrive, quite unusual.

The Gardners discussion was nice

Pre-arranged journey after airport

Al seemed to care about her neck pain and tried to improve stay whenever Al could

Hotels dining room was good

The landscape and artwork

But impression that it was all 'put on' by Al.

And perhaps a problem staff wise due to the half full booking...

They didn't know it was half-booked. If I remember correctly, the paragraph where he sighs was when he was selecting/had just selected the winner; so how would the last bullet point be probable?
Well for a C you need 79 I went in with 62 one less then you so id imagine about 100 marks for a A
For question 1 starting from the dining room part none of them were on my paper, nothing about hiking, writing a notebook I'm so confused
Original post by CaSama9
Question one not really you shouldn't get penalised but the summary in question 3 yes, it does matter... A lot.
But it's only 5 marks and the chances one mark would affect you greatly is really low.

the summary does not need to be a specific length. it just needs to be concise. But you're given a page and a half, so that's more or less how much u should write

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shona Spiers
For question 1 starting from the dining room part none of them were on my paper, nothing about hiking, writing a notebook I'm so confused

same where did the notebook stuff come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending