The Student Room Group

Microgynon and bloating ?

Hello

I'm into the third pack of microgynon and became really bloated with swollen breasts . The first month was fine without any side effects and got my monthly withdrawals regularly . The bloating and breasts swelling only started on the third pack . Thinking about swiping pills .

Is bloating and breast swelling a normal side effect or microgynon ? What are your experiences with it ?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello

I'm into the third pack of microgynon and became really bloated with swollen breasts . The first month was fine without any side effects and got my monthly withdrawals regularly . The bloating and breasts swelling only started on the third pack . Thinking about swiping pills .

Is bloating and breast swelling a normal side effect or microgynon ? What are your experiences with it ?

Yes. I was extremely bloated and my boobs were very sore on microgynon. I changed pill after 2 months, they like to make you wait 3 months to see if the side effects go away but if you've only recently experienced this on your third pack it's probably a good idea to change
Reply 2
Original post by infairverona
Yes. I was extremely bloated and my boobs were very sore on microgynon. I changed pill after 2 months, they like to make you wait 3 months to see if the side effects go away but if you've only recently experienced this on your third pack it's probably a good idea to change

Glad someone experienced this as wel. What pill did you change to ? I heard Yasmin is good because it doesn't give you water retention .
Original post by Anonymous
Glad someone experienced this as wel. What pill did you change to ? I heard Yasmin is good because it doesn't give you water retention .

I had a couple. I've been on Yasmin for years now, it's definitely the best one. I think it was Cilest they gave me after Micro but that made me very spotty and emotional. Yasmin is great, no side effects at all for me
Reply 4
Original post by infairverona
I had a couple. I've been on Yasmin for years now, it's definitely the best one. I think it was Cilest they gave me after Micro but that made me very spotty and emotional. Yasmin is great, no side effects at all for me

Also after switching pills how long did it take for the bloating to go down ?

Quick Reply

Latest