The Student Room Group

Why can't I get fat?

I have been trying hard to gain well before april I eat a lot of fried chicken and fast food and sushi I am not a bit fan of sweets though but I eat some not a lot though. But I eat more than enough of calories generally. Well I got up to 122 lbs. And like I gained the weight but I never really seemed to look to be a 22 bmi. I mean a 22 bmi is on the higher end end of healthy. But I still look small. Like people call me small maybe because I'm short but many of the time people think I'm skinny even at that weight. I understand I have skinny arms and legs. I hold my weight in my bust and butt well I have a better butt than before. Anyway, I don't normally look like people my weight. I was looking on bodygallery and I don't certain to look as well built. Anyhow what's the reason for this anyone have an idea?

Scroll to see replies

wow i never knew my body gallery existed, such a cool website !
Reply 2
You could take some of my fat? I'm the opposite way...

I found out as girls get older, the metabolism drops so weight is more easily put on
I can gain weight though. It takes a lot out of me to do it. But I've managed to get above 120 lbs. Which is a 22 bmi since I'm really short but it doesn't like look like I'm as heavy as the women in the body gallery examples. Which is more my issue why when I've gotten heavier that I don't actually look it?
I have gained 20-25 lbs to get to 122 lbs. So I can gain weight but it's like no reward because I hardly look it. People still call me small. Even though I was on the heavier side of a healthy range.
3? I can only have 1 lol. Ngl I am getting a bit bored of rice
Reply 6
i actually have the same problem, no matter how much junk I eat I simply cannot get above 60kg. I have come up with a solution though

Step 1: Go on feminism pages on Tumblr
profit
Original post by C-rated
i actually have the same problem, no matter how much junk I eat I simply cannot get above 60kg. I have come up with a solution though

Step 1: Go on feminism pages on Tumblr
profit

that's not quite my problem. I can gain weight that's why I was 120 lbs. that's pretty heavy for someone under 5'2". The thing is I don't feel I actually looked like those women at that weight.
Wtf 7? That's a bit much isn't it? 2 is the most I can do. My dad is always saying how if I eat more rice I will grow a lot more taller
Original post by Nickierose21
I have been trying hard to gain well before april I eat a lot of fried chicken and fast food and sushi I am not a bit fan of sweets though but I eat some not a lot though. But I eat more than enough of calories generally. Well I got up to 122 lbs. And like I gained the weight but I never really seemed to look to be a 22 bmi. I mean a 22 bmi is on the higher end end of healthy. But I still look small. Like people call me small maybe because I'm short but many of the time people think I'm skinny even at that weight. I understand I have skinny arms and legs. I hold my weight in my bust and butt well I have a better butt than before. Anyway, I don't normally look like people my weight. I was looking on bodygallery and I don't certain to look as well built. Anyhow what's the reason for this anyone have an idea?

1) You aren't really in a caloric surplus and you wouldn't know your maintenance unless your tracking your intake.

2) You don't lift I.e you don't squat & if you aren't :dumbells: then all your doing by gaining weight is just putting on +lb of fat and not muscle which looks more :drool:

My real concern is why are you going off a BMI scale as all that shows is your height and weight and disregards so many other variables I.e muscle mass etc.
Original post by MorganA07
You could take some of my fat? I'm the opposite way...

I found out as girls get older, the metabolism drops so weight is more easily put on

Welcome to the real world! :smile:
Start lifting and gain some muscular weight, you'll look much better for it. People automatically assume that lifting weight will make you look like a blokey bodybuilder but it won't at all. Women don't have the hormonal make-up to look like that, the ones that do are on steroids (which are essentially male sex hormones e.g. testosterone, DHT or derivatives of either). If you lift weights as a woman you may end up looking a bit like this:

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
1) You aren't really in a caloric surplus and you wouldn't know your maintenance unless your tracking your intake.

2) You don't lift I.e you don't squat & if you aren't :dumbells: then all your doing by gaining weight is just putting on +lb of fat and not muscle which looks more :drool:

My real concern is why are you going off a BMI scale as all that shows is your height and weight and disregards so many other variables I.e muscle mass etc.

I actually do track. I will track that I had 2000 cal plus that means I exceeded I don't count how much I exceeded though. I like am not on a diet I am just trying to splurge to get heavier for a curvier figure basically. That's really it.

I don't really want to gain too much muscle I have big shoulders as it is lol. I want extra fat. But the thing is my body doesn't look to be that same weight I don't look curvier like I should. I don't have more weight in my tummy or thighs I just hhave a bust that could compare but that's about it. I don't get why that is.
I actually do track. I will track that I had 2000 cal plus that means I exceeded I don't count how much I exceeded though. I like am not on a diet I am just trying to splurge to get heavier for a curvier figure basically. That's really it.

I don't really want to gain too much muscle I have big shoulders as it is lol. I want extra fat. But the thing is my body doesn't look to be that same weight I don't look curvier like I should. I don't have more weight in my tummy or thighs I just hhave a bust that could compare but that's about it. I don't get why that is.

I :lol: 'd when you said "tummy" :biggrin:

Will you save this soul for me Woody?
Ditch the fast food and sweets. Have at least 3 meals a day. Eat food with protein in like pasta, lentils, rice etc. Drink milk and have healthy snacks in between meals such as nuts and fruit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So lift some weights then :wink: Why would you want extra weight on your tummy though? It's really not a good look. What do you think of the physique on the picture of the woman I posted above?
I look smaller than I'd say in the thigh butt regions arms my waistline is probably the same size currently I just have much bigger boobs. That's the thing I even used the hourglass version of a girl 120 and 5'2" and the boobs were sometimes the same size but the thighs hips etc... were much bigger.

I want to look fatter well thicker btw. I know how to look all skinny and trim. I've looked that way all my life it gets a little boring for me. That's why I gained the 20 lbs. But I just don't get after all that I felt like there was little progress. That's all.

Original post by WoodyMKC
Start lifting and gain some muscular weight, you'll look much better for it. People automatically assume that lifting weight will make you look like a blokey bodybuilder but it won't at all. Women don't have the hormonal make-up to look like that, the ones that do are on steroids (which are essentially male sex hormones e.g. testosterone, DHT or derivatives of either). If you lift weights as a woman you may end up looking a bit like this:

So lift some weights then :wink: Why would you want extra weight on your tummy though? It's really not a good look. What do you think of the physique on the picture of the woman I posted above?

I don't I just am saying after all that there's little sign of results. Of gaining weight really I still get called small. If I had more tummy fat at least I'd have some results. But I got not even that. I'm still flat everywhere. I'm still chicken legged and armed. I just don't seem as solid as so many other girls that's what bothers me.

What I think about her. She looks bigger than me. She has bigger thighs and butt. She seems like she has a propensity towards fat. I don't really have that. I wish I did but I don't. Also I have higher levels of testosterone I have since I was in utero compared to other females one example are my digit ratio is an indication of higher levels I have a deeper voice and broad shoulders narrow hips etc... And gaining muscle is pretty typical in my family. I'm black so I have more of a propensity to gain muscle than fat. And I don't really want to gain muscle. I want to gain fat for a softer look. I have a hard look like the woman you posted all of my life. It's not what I'm looking for.
I don't I just am saying after all that there's little sign of results. Of gaining weight really I still get called small. If I had more tummy fat at least I'd have some results. But I got not even that. I'm still flat everywhere. I'm still chicken legged and armed. I just don't seem as solid as so many other girls that's what bothers me.

What I think about her. She looks bigger than me. She has bigger thighs and butt. She seems like she has a propensity towards fat.

NO. She's something like 10% bodyfat, that's low bodyfat levels. Why do you think her stomach is so flat? Her thighs and butt are big because she trains with weights. She's a fairly famous fitness model, known for loving to train heavy weights. Same woman, though this picture gives a better demonstration of her low bodyfat levels:

If you want thicker arms, thighs and but, lifting weights will do that for you. If you want more advice on that, do let me know.
NO. She's something like 10% bodyfat, that's low bodyfat levels. Why do you think her stomach is so flat? Her thighs and butt are big because she trains with weights. She's a fairly famous fitness model, known for loving to train heavy weights. Same woman, though this picture gives a better demonstration of her low bodyfat levels:

If you want thicker arms, thighs and but, lifting weights will do that for you. If you want more advice on that, do let me know.

Yeah I see girls my size that look similar to that I wonder how her shoulders looked beforehand.

Quick Reply

Latest