The Student Room Group

Lets Talk Fountain Pens

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Hyde(r)
Not so much the vintage pens but I am familiar with the really flexible nibs they used to use

Those are amazing, what ink do you use?
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
What century are you from? :erm:
'Delibrate' is an obsolete term which was used to refer to the stripping off of bark from a tree... :eyeball:

great, thank you
Original post by Dawg_Money_2
I am sorry but you write without oscitation and will dwell into the corners of a wheelie bin

:toofunny:

I bet your Mother lives in a sink

Those are amazing, what ink do you use?

I used to use Waterman ink in those bottles but recently I need to write quickly for exams so I just use a fine point roller ball Parker
Original post by Anonymous

Why do you post everything twice?
I used to use Waterman ink in those bottles but recently I need to write quickly for exams so I just use a fine point roller ball Parker

True, it is really quite hard to write on printer paper with a medium gold nib. But my handwork with a ballpoint has fallen from lack of practice from using a ball-point. I use fountain pens maybe 14 hours a day.
Why do you post everything twice?

is it
True, it is really quite hard to write on printer paper with a medium gold nib. But my handwork with a ballpoint has fallen from lack of practice from using a ball-point. I use fountain pens maybe 14 hours a day.

14 hours?! You're hand must be in severe pain
Original post by Anonymous
is it

Why are you posting under anonymous?
I'm the only person I know who still uses a fountain pen at school! I use a Parker one. It really annoys me that we have to use black biro in exams.
14 hours?! Your hand must be in severe pain

I write on Claire Fontaine and my nibs are glassy. Like wooh. I write for Westminster School (the school I attend) and it is very tiring and we spend maybe a month on each extract. Right now, I have to produce a script for our annual Charles Dickens Requiem haha. What do you do?
I love fountain pen writing so much, I'm learning Calligraphy lol :biggrin:
Why are you posting under anonymous?

is it
Original post by rayestar
I love fountain pen writing so much, I'm learning Calligraphy lol :biggrin:

Try a dip pen, they seem of better use for calligraphy. Have fun and show us some of your awesome work!
Original post by Platopus
I'm the only person I know who still uses a fountain pen at school! I use a Parker one. It really annoys me that we have to use black biro in exams.

Do you do GCSE because you're allowed to use fountain pens. Are you into Philosophy?!
Try a dip pen, they seem of better use for calligraphy. Have fun and show us some of your awesome work!

I've been learning for around a year now. :u:
I guess dip pens are those pens where you dip the pen nib in the ink pot?
Do you do GCSE because you're allowed to use fountain pens. Are you into Philosophy?!

No, I'm sitting my A2s this year. You could say that: Im studying it at uni next year and doing an A level in it atm.
Original post by rayestar
I've been learning for around a year now. :u:
I guess dip pens are those pens where you dip the pen nib in the ink pot?

Indeed, you can get a pretty inexpensive set from The Pen Shop, I'll even give you my discount.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending