The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Hate palpitations
Original post by TitanCream
I feel like i am going to crash and burn. Nothing is getting better.
:console:
What's up?
feel so incredibly low
Original post by Caggyxx
Thanks for the suggestions, these are really helpful. I'll talk to him about it and see what he thinks (although he's probably gonna be pretty skeptical about it all after the first time).

No problem, glad I could help :smile:

I've been in a similar ish situation to this, where my boyfriend was trying his hardest to persuade me that I needed to seek help, while I was too scared to get it and really didn't want to. But I think you have to keep talking about it until he can find something that he's willing to do- it is important that he can be supported when you go to uni, as that's going to be hard for both of you as it is. Personally I found that I was more willing to do online things that didn't require actually speaking to someone face to face, and perhaps that would make it easier for him, but of course everyone is different. I hope he can find something that suits him!
Support Team message

Hey guys,

I was talking to Deyesy earlier and we've both noticed that there seems to be rep given to posts where people are really struggling a lot recently. I know this can happen accidently sometimes (which I'm definitely guilty of!) but if anyone is doing it deliberately please be aware of the effect your actions can have on others and how it might be taken. If it's your post that's been repped, try not to worry about it and it doesn't give confirmation etc of anything you've said or implied in the post.

There's also been quite a few posts recently discussing suicide and self harm which for the reasons stated in the OP are not allowed on TSR. If you're not sure if what you want to say is okay please try and err on the side of caution or spoiler it and again think about how things can affect others.

As always we're always around so any questions feel free to ask any of the purple people in here! If you have concerns about other members then you can do the same thing or post in AtCT, moderation queries should also go in there. Hope everyone's alright :smile:

Edit: Also see below- I don't mean don't rep people and empathy definitely comes into it, just if anyone's doing it with the intention to to hurt others. Sorry!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by furryface12
x

Oops sorry, guilty of repping midnight memories only cos i empathise a lot with the things she says :redface:
hope it didn't upset anyone :hugs:
you are all marvellous ppl :h:
Original post by Anonymous
Oops sorry, guilty of repping midnight memories only cos i empathise a lot with the things she says :redface:

No that's fine! It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, you can rep who/what you want to but if anyone's doing it deliberately or systematically then that's obviously not okay. But things you relate to and things are what it's there for :smile:
i need someone to tlak to
Original post by Pathway
i need someone to tlak to

Are you okay? PM me if it'd help :s-smilie: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You definitely haven't upset anyone :hugs: We just wanted to reassure people more than anything :smile: I'm gonna get around to replying to your PM now too
Support team message

Hey guys,

I was talking to Deyesy earlier and we've both noticed that there seems to be rep given to posts where people are really struggling a lot recently. I know this can happen accidently sometimes (which I'm definitely guilty of!) but if anyone here is doing it please be aware the effect actions can have on others and how it might be taken. If it's your post that's been repped, try not to worry about it and it doesn't give confirmation etc of anything you've said or implied in the post.

There's also been quite a few posts recently discussing suicide and self harm which for the reasons stated in the OP are not allowed on TSR. If you're not sure if what you want to say is okay please try and err on the side of caution or spoiler it and again think about how things can affect others.

As always we're always around so any questions etc feel free to ask any of the purple people in here! If you have concerns about other members then you can do the same thing or post in AtCT, moderation queries should also go in there. Hope everyone's alright :smile:

Is it just me that I see rep as I way of saying, I feel like this too? But in a not so obvious way? I mean obviously if a post is about a certain topic and it's a new person who's doing it I could take it the wrong way.

But if it's not about that and its about something different and its the same people who normally rep me, I just take it as the fact that they feel the same way but don't want to scream it out loud.

I don't want you to feel guilty at all :hugs: you can always message me if you need someone to talk too. I do the same thing, if I can't think of a way to reply apart from saying me to I just tend to rep these days, as I hate filling the thread with things like that because it just seems like I'm not constructive and that people could take what I say the wrong way.

No that's fine! It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, you can rep who/what you want to but if anyone's doing it deliberately or systematically then that's obviously not okay. But things you relate to and things are what it's there for :smile:

:hugs: glad you feel the same way (kinda, I think) as I do about this.

--

In other news. I'm still awake. I'm anxious as **** and I'm practically shaking. I haven't been like this in a LONG time. I thought I was over this. I thought things were getting better. :cry:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Is it just me that I see rep as I way of saying, I feel like this too? But in a not so obvious way? I mean obviously if a post is about a certain topic and it's a new person who's doing it I could take it the wrong way.

But if it's not about that and its about something different and its the same people who normally rep me, I just take it as the fact that they feel the same way but don't want to scream it out loud.

That did occur to us but I think we were just worried at how frequently it was happening? :smile:
x

Yeah sorry, I didn't think of that until anon pointed it out! I mostly just meant it if anyone was doing it maliciously, which in some cases in the past it has been. Particularly where users know each other, this is much less likely to be the case and obviously I'm not saying stop repping people as that's what the system is there for! Sorry for the poor wording :redface:

Hope you're less anxious soon!

Edit: Deyesy's point about the frequency is the other thing too, just seems a bit too much to always be coincidental
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
That did occur to us but I think we were just worried at how frequently it was happening? :smile:

I feel bad for doing it a lot lately now. :getmecoat:

Yeah sorry, I didn't think of that until anon pointed it out! I mostly just meant it if anyone was doing it maliciously, which in some cases in the past it has been. Particularly where users know each other, this is much less likely to be the case and obviously I'm not saying stop repping people as that's what the system is there for! Sorry for the poor wording :redface:

Hope you're less anxious soon!

Edit: Deyesy's point about the frequency is the other thing too, just seems a bit too much to always be coincidental
Posted from TSR Mobile

It wasn't poorly worded, I understand where you're coming from with it. I don't know about anyone else but I know I've been repping more lately because I just can't think of what to say to people when they're going threw something that sounds similar to what I am at the moment.

Anxiety doesn't seem like it's going anytime soon. Supposed to be going into college tomorrow but seems like that might not happen now.
I feel bad for doing it a lot lately now. :getmecoat:

It wasn't poorly worded, I understand where you're coming from with it. I don't know about anyone else but I know I've been repping more lately because I just can't think of what to say to people when they're going threw something that sounds similar to what I am at the moment.

Anxiety doesn't seem like it's going anytime soon. Supposed to be going into college tomorrow but seems like that might not happen now.

If we know there's nothing negative surrounding the reps then the frequency is fine :tongue: We just can't see who's repping who and obviously don't why people are repping posts so from a Support Team perspective we were just a little concerned :smile:

If people are repping posts because they can relate to them and people in the thread posting don't mind that; I don't see any reason why that can't continue ^^
Original post by Deyesy
If we know there's nothing negative surrounding the reps then the frequency is fine :tongue: We just can't see who's repping who and obviously don't why people are repping posts so from a Support Team perspective we were just a little concerned :smile:

If people are repping posts because they can relate to them and people in the thread posting don't mind that; I don't see any reason why that can't continue ^^

I know I personally don't mind it, however I do know that people could take issue with it so if people don't want it to happen, I know that I will stop doing it. :getmecoat: hopefully I'm not the only one who does it sometimes though :hide:
I have a presentation tomorrow as the final of one of my classes. Terrified doesn't even begin to express how I feel about this. It's been a good 12, maybe more, years since I've done a presentation in front of people. I'm just praying I don't wet myself or drop all my index cards and start crying. :colondollar:

God only knows why she couldn't just give an exam. :frown:
Original post by Sabertooth
I have a presentation tomorrow as the final of one of my classes. Terrified doesn't even begin to express how I feel about this. It's been a good 12, maybe more, years since I've done a presentation in front of people. I'm just praying I don't wet myself or drop all my index cards and start crying. :colondollar:

God only knows why she couldn't just give an exam. :frown:

:console: :hugs: good luck for tomorrow! You can do it, I know that me saying that isn't going to make you do it. I struggle with doing presentations as well and I've reached a point where I just refuse lol. (It's not worth the meltdown for a shitty grade that I always seem to get because of the anxiety) I know that it's hard, just attempt it. It doesn't matter if you end up getting a bad grade, just try, give it a go and see how it is. I'm such a hypocrite saying this but if you can just try and give it your best shot, it's all you can really do. :jumphug:
:console: :hugs: good luck for tomorrow! You can do it, I know that me saying that isn't going to make you do it. I struggle with doing presentations as well and I've reached a point where I just refuse lol. (It's not worth the meltdown for a shitty grade that I always seem to get because of the anxiety) I know that it's hard, just attempt it. It doesn't matter if you end up getting a bad grade, just try, give it a go and see how it is. I'm such a hypocrite saying this but if you can just try and give it your best shot, it's all you can really do. :jumphug:

Thanks for the encouragement. :smile: It's out of 40 and I need 15 for an A in this class so even if I do mess up horribly I might be ok. That's what I keep telling myself, just stand there *don't pee* and read from the cards - meant to make eye contact but **** that.

And yeah, like you I tend to refuse to do presentations. During my first degree I wrote several 4000 word papers to avoid doing them :colondollar: However, I haven't told my uni now about my MH so I have no way of getting out of doing it.

Been practicing all day and still keep messing up the phrase "self-efficacy". Might have to kind of mumble that bit. :tongue:
feel so so bad

Latest