The Student Room Group

AQA B1 Biology

OK relax! We will ace the upcoming examination for B1 Biology!

Who needs help or doesn't understand any topics in B1? I'm happy to help you out.

Who feels confident for the B1 exam? :smile:
ME. :smile: Just need to go over the different cloning methods again.
can somebody answer these 2 questions please???
Do detritus feeders just feed on dead organisms and their waste materials only? or do they also break down/decompose the dead organisms too?

When dead organisms are decomposed by microorganisms - CO2 is returned to the atmosphere when the microbes repire + they also release nutrients in the soil, which are taken up by plants so that they can grow?

Thank you!
Reply 3

Spoiler

@shohaib712

Here are the facts:

Detritus feeders are animals that eat dead and decaying material, e.g. earthworms.

Microorganisms and detritus feeders break down the waste products and dead bodies of organisms.

Now in response to your question: yes they do break down the waste products and dead bodies of organisms.

Here are the facts:

When plants, algae and animals die, some animals and microorganisms feed on their bodies.

Carbon is released into the atmosphere as carbon dioxide when these organisms respire.

By the time the microorganisms and detritus feeders have broken down the waste products and dead bodies of organisms in ecosystems and recycled the materials as plant nutrients, all the energy originally absorbed by green plants and algae has been transferred.

Spoiler

Reply 4
Original post by hamza772000
ME. :smile: Just need to go over the different cloning methods again.

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Hi! I am not sure whether I am confident or not, really want to do well in this! Any advice on what to do?
any predictions for 6 markers?

Spoiler

Drugs/GM+Cloning - 6 marker

Quick Reply

Latest