The Student Room Group

Quiet guy with no friends and always alone

How do I speak to him? He is always alone and made no friends since last year, I feel bad for him and want to be his friend, but it would be so awkward if I just go up to him and say hi.

Scroll to see replies

maybe if he is in your class for any subject, try to ask his help even if you dont need one :dontknow:
Reply 2
Original post by fatima1998
maybe if he is in your class for any subject, try to ask his help even if you dont need one :dontknow:

Haha he hardly attends and he looks like he's always confused, so it would be weird if I asked for his help when he doesn't know anything.
Original post by Anonymous
How do I speak to him? He is always alone and made no friends since last year, I feel bad for him and want to be his friend, but it would be so awkward if I just go up to him and say hi.

This is sweet. :h: If he is sitting at a table or something ask to join and sit with him, start a conversation and take it from there. It will not be awkward, trust me. :smile:
Haha he hardly attends and he looks like he's always confused, so it would be weird if I asked for his help when he doesn't know anything.

Gosh he is totally my friend material XD

Just say hi!! :h:

then i dunno :lol:
Damn why did no one do this with me! :frown:

But I have a feeling he'll love it!
Just say: Hey, I've seen you around and I want to get to know you better. What do you say?
Maybe something like that? But whatever you say he'll like it (probably)
He may just want to be on his own, some of us prefer to be that way!
Reply 7
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
This is sweet. :h: If he is sitting at a table or something ask to join and sit with him, start a conversation and take it from there. It will not be awkward, trust me. :smile:

Haha we're in uni. But maybe I'll try next time. It'll be so awkward if he doesn't want to talk to me haha but who cares at least I tried.

Spoiler

We need more of you in this world.
Reply 9
Original post by FireFreezer77
Damn why did no one do this with me! :frown:

But I have a feeling he'll love it!
Just say: Hey, I've seen you around and I want to get to know you better. What do you say?
Maybe something like that? But whatever you say he'll like it (probably)
He may just want to be on his own, some of us prefer to be that way!

Should I? But I feel like he'll have the most confused look in his face because no one has ever spoken to him since last year.
Haha we're in uni. But maybe I'll try next time. It'll be so awkward if he doesn't want to talk to me haha but who cares at least I tried.

At a table in the library? Café? Or if he's around campus just hanging, then approach him and discuss class, interests, etcetera? :smile:
He will want to talk to you, be confident in yourself, people are rarely resistant to advances of friendship! :h:
Original post by RezzBerry

Aww that's so sweet, thank you. :colondollar:
Should I? But I feel like he'll have the most confused look in his face because no one has ever spoken to him since last year.

Go for it! You'll probably regret it if not.
You feel sorry for him, do something about it!
I think he'll like it tbh.
Original post by RezzBerry

+1 :cute:
At a table in the library? Café? Or if he's around campus just hanging, then approach him and discuss class, interests, etcetera? :smile:
He will want to talk to you, be confident in yourself, people are rarely resistant to advances of friendship! :h:

Okay I'll ask him a question about one of our modules.
Breathes deeply

Hopefully I'll be able to do it.

Thank you for your advice. :wink: :tongue:
Go for it! You'll probably regret it if not.
You feel sorry for him, do something about it!
I think he'll like it tbh.

Okay, I'll try.

Thank you!! :tongue: :tongue:

And maybe someone did want to do it to you, but they were extra shy like me. :smile:
Okay I'll ask him a question about one of our modules.
Breathes deeply

Hopefully I'll be able to do it.

Thank you for your advice. :wink: :tongue:

That is a good idea! Then you can extend the conversation and become friends. :biggrin:

No problem, you have to keep me updated! I want to know how it goes!! :h:
Okay, I'll try.

Thank you!! :tongue: :tongue:

And maybe someone did want to do it to you, but they were extra shy like me. :smile:

Good Luck!!

No worries :tongue:

I highly doubt it! Some said they felt sorry for me to my face but never did anything about it :frown:
She was one of the popular girls though.
I wasn't popular and was often called ugly in school!
I'm also a girl repellent so yeah!
That is a good idea! Then you can extend the conversation and become friends. :biggrin:

No problem, you have to keep me updated! I want to know how it goes!! :h:

Haha I'll try. :smile: :tongue:
Good Luck!!

No worries :tongue:

I highly doubt it! Some said they felt sorry for me to my face but never did anything about it :frown:
She was one of the popular girls though.
I wasn't popular and was often called ugly in school!
I'm also a girl repellent so yeah!

Aww that's so mean. I really don't understand how people can do that. It's so disgusting.
I don't think you're a girl repellent, maybe you just need a little confidence to talk. As long as you don't look so desperate talking to a girl, I don't think girls would mind you speaking to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending