The Student Room Group

Treatment for dandruf

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by abbymonty
I haven't tried the Nizoral shampoo and I'm considering giving it a go too! Cream isn't quite what it is but it was the easiest way to explain it without going into proper detail lol! It's more just like a liquid and it comes in a bottle with a little nozzle on and you just tip it onto the effected areas then rub it into your scalp a bit. You don't have to wash your hair when you do it and it comes out just in drips! Doesn't sting apart from if I've scratched my head too much and damaged the skin a bit

You should! My mum's getting it for me tomorrow, woohoo!:smile: and hahaha, doesn't sound too bad then! It's so annoying cause I have acne too (which I take pills for if it crops up) and my face gets oily, especially when I wear my glasses!-_-
Original post by Anon113
You should! My mum's getting it for me tomorrow, woohoo!:smile: and hahaha, doesn't sound too bad then! It's so annoying cause I have acne too (which I take pills for if it crops up) and my face gets oily, especially when I wear my glasses!-_-

I ordered some lol! It has some great reviews on Amazon - hopefully will do the trick for us both :smile: Ahh no way, such a pain trying to stay on top of things eh?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
I ordered some lol! It has some great reviews on Amazon - hopefully will do the trick for us both :smile: Ahh no way, such a pain trying to stay on top of things eh?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thats good, fingers crossed! And yeah! Its not too bad, all about perspective and mentality really, House MD (medical TV drama w/ Hugh Laurie, its my fav) was really good with changing my negative thought processes! So i've just accepted it and just improving myself really, and trying not to think about it! Oily face is from me being greek, and im getting contact lenses to replace glasses, and hopefully the acne should pass when I finish puberty, and then this shampoo should do the trick and im on top of dieting and lifting and runnig while preparing for 6 A2 exams and 4 AS retakes xD
Original post by Anon113
Ah thats good, fingers crossed! And yeah! Its not too bad, all about perspective and mentality really, House MD (medical TV drama w/ Hugh Laurie, its my fav) was really good with changing my negative thought processes! So i've just accepted it and just improving myself really, and trying not to think about it! Oily face is from me being greek, and im getting contact lenses to replace glasses, and hopefully the acne should pass when I finish puberty, and then this shampoo should do the trick and im on top of dieting and lifting and runnig while preparing for 6 A2 exams and 4 AS retakes xD

I've heard house is good, might watch it over summer :smile: currently working my way through Buffy the vampire slayer lol! That's a really good attitude to have though, keep yourself happy and feeling good. I'm sure in a few more years the acne will pass!! Good on you for staying on top of things especially during A-levels, it definitely makes life easier!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
I've heard house is good, might watch it over summer :smile: currently working my way through Buffy the vampire slayer lol! That's a really good attitude to have though, keep yourself happy and feeling good. I'm sure in a few more years the acne will pass!! Good on you for staying on top of things especially during A-levels, it definitely makes life easier!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw you definitely should! Over double the amount of episodes than in Breaking Bad!:P And thats cool, im nearly halfway through Friends! And thank you! I hope so too:smile: what are you doing at the moment? Uni??
Just massage 2 tablespoons lemon juice into your scalp and rinse with water. Then stir 1 teaspoon lemon juice into 1 cup water and rinse your hair with it. Repeat this daily until your dandruff disappears. Lemon's acidity helps balance the pH of your scalp, which helps keeps dandruff at bay.
Original post by Anon113
Aw you definitely should! Over double the amount of episodes than in Breaking Bad!:P And thats cool, im nearly halfway through Friends! And thank you! I hope so too:smile: what are you doing at the moment? Uni??

Friends is my all time favourite! Watched it all the way through several times haha!! Yeah I'm in my second year at uni, got my exams all in the next week and then I'm done til September!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by muf_mur
Just massage 2 tablespoons lemon juice into your scalp and rinse with water. Then stir 1 teaspoon lemon juice into 1 cup water and rinse your hair with it. Repeat this daily until your dandruff disappears. Lemon's acidity helps balance the pH of your scalp, which helps keeps dandruff at bay.

Thank you, i'll be taking note of all of this!
Reply 28
Friends is my all time favourite! Watched it all the way through several times haha!! Yeah I'm in my second year at uni, got my exams all in the next week and then I'm done til September!o

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, you sado ;P this is my first time watching it! And that sounds good then! What degree are you doing?
Original post by Anon113
Oh wow, you sado ;P this is my first time watching it! And that sounds good then! What degree are you doing?

English Language :smile: are you planning on going to uni after a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hated that subject at GCSE, lol. And yeah, hopefully I will be doing Applied Psychology!
[QUOTE="Anon113;64579241"]

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hated that subject at GCSE, lol. And yeah, hopefully I will be doing Applied Psychology!

So did I funnily enough lol!! That's cool :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Weirdly, I use lemons to get rid of dandruff. Unfortunately I have to use it with every wash but on the bright side, it works!
Reply 33
[QUOTE="abbymonty;64619467"]
Original post by Anon113

So did I funnily enough lol!! That's cool :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, lol :P thank god for IGCSE to get my C :P what are your plans after? Anf is it a bachelors? How is Nizoral shampoo working for you?
Reply 34
Original post by zainabhebs
Weirdly, I use lemons to get rid of dandruff. Unfortunately I have to use it with every wash but on the bright side, it works!

Hiw often do you wash your hair? And how much lemon juice do you use? Try nizoral shampoo, thats what im using now :smile:
Selenium sulphide shampoos are the one and only miracle cure for dandruff, in my experience. I had terrible dandruff before I started to use one (I use Selsun). You really must use a very good conditioner afterwards, though, if you're using Selsun.
Reply 36
Original post by Brendan W
Selenium sulphide shampoos are the one and only miracle cure for dandruff, in my experience. I had terrible dandruff before I started to use one (I use Selsun). You really must use a very good conditioner afterwards, though, if you're using Selsun.

What conditioners? And do you have to use every time you wash your hair? (is it your only shampoo)
Original post by Anon113
Hiw often do you wash your hair? And how much lemon juice do you use? Try nizoral shampoo, thats what im using now :smile:

I wash my hair like once in 2 days and about one lemon is usually enough. Oooh it would be a better alternative
Reply 38
Original post by zainabhebs
I wash my hair like once in 2 days and about one lemon is usually enough. Oooh it would be a better alternative

Yeah that does a seem a bit too much for me, haha! It costs £10 though, but works like a dream, use it 3x a week for 2-4 weeks, then if it goes don't use it until it crops up again, if it does crop up, use it 3x a week again for 2-4 weeks and then after that use it once a week! I'm just looking forward to be using nice shampoos that aren't anti dandruff cause i will be cured!!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending