The Student Room Group

Driving instructor nightmare!!

I have been with my driving instructor for about 15-20 lessons. He makes me feel very uncomfortable and i dread my next driving lesson. I don't look forward to driving anymore:frown: The way he talks to me when i make a simple mistake is horrible and i hate it. He makes me so upset. I'm thinking of changing company. I wanted to know whether it would be suitable to change considering my driving test is in July. Will another take me on so late? I would appreciate any replies, thank you!
Original post by Devinekaur
I have been with my driving instructor for about 15-20 lessons. He makes me feel very uncomfortable and i dread my next driving lesson. I don't look forward to driving anymore:frown: The way he talks to me when i make a simple mistake is horrible and i hate it. He makes me so upset. I'm thinking of changing company. I wanted to know whether it would be suitable to change considering my driving test is in July. Will another take me on so late? I would appreciate any replies, thank you!

I think you should be able to find someone to swap to :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I think you should be able to find someone to swap to :smile:

Will my current driving instructor let me leave his company?

You shouldnt be under any obligation to stay really.
Reply 4

You are free to do as you please.

He can't force you to stay with him. If he's making you feel uncomfortable, etc then you really need to get yourself a new instructor :smile:

I remember when I first started my driving lessons, my first instructor was so rude to me, especially if I make a mistake, plus he used to talk about some of the other pupils as well like he kinda slated them :/ I then eventually stopped my lessons with him and then restarted my lessons back in September :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leaving shouldn't be a problem and nor should joining another company so late. Just make sure you have an approved car to do the test in, as I assume you would have been using your current instructor's car, and I reckon he will be unlikely to want to let you use his car for your test, after you have left his company! Perhaps speak to a new company about that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending