The Student Room Group

Are you getting study leave?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SinsNotTragedies
Is this a state school? :tongue: I will be having nightmares about my college sending someone to pick me up now :redface:

Yeah it's a state school
Lool :biggrin:
No but we should. I prefer working in my own environment at my own pace, it's a joke that we don't get it.
Yup, noone studies though haha
Original post by rajneetk
Yeah it's a state school
Lool :biggrin:

That is so weird. You should try to get picked up just for the experience :teehee:
Original post by samesea
No but we should. I prefer working in my own environment at my own pace, it's a joke that we don't get it.

Encouraged to be more independent in our learning; don't get study leave because can't be trusted. :confused:
Reply 105
My school stopped study leave this year. I wish they didn't, I could do so much more revision at home, but I'd probably end up wearing myself down by doing too much.
Apparently they stopped it because it was just like the teachers were 'copping out' so they didn't have to teach.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We get study leave after the May half term which is a joke considering I have 12/24 exams BEFORE the May halfterm. I'm gradually building up my "ill" days (study days) and have been told that as I am very studious my school will take a blind eye and allow me to do so but I'm not convinced. My parents think I should be in school but can't really do anything about it seeing as I am doing work when I'm home, probably more than I would do at school.
I finish on Friday, which is about a week later than the previous years Year 13s but it's because of the timing of the Easter holidays. Really ready to leave now, I'm rubbish at revision after school in the evening, so I'm looking forward to having my own routine again!
When I was doing my A Levels, we weren't given study leave but I spoke to the staff and was allowed to stay home rather than go in (and if they'd said no I would have done it anyway). Not sure if you could do the same for GCSEs.
I don't have study leave.

But I don't have school. :colone:

The joys of being to come and go as I want at uni!! Although from now most likely sticking here until after exams!! Being in my flat is so much different from being at school all day :biggrin:
I don't have study leave which means I'm having to do exams and then go lessons! So stressful.
My school now do study leave but they had tried to do a hybrid study leave where we were out of school on exam days and in school when there were no exams on 👍🏽
Original post by hairhelp
I don't have study leave which means I'm having to do exams and then go lessons! So stressful.

And knackering, I'm sure!
"Study leave", as such, doesn't begin until the 10th of June; which is a week before my final exam - those others' go on until the 27th.

I'd have liked to have been allowed a more substantial period; as I work much more effectively at home without the distraction of my peers - particularly those who, even at this late stage, choose to doss about. Though, we are to be given access to a silent study facility for use during the day, and are likely to be much less likely to procrastinate, on the plus side. 😊
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
That is so weird. You should try to get picked up just for the experience :teehee:

Lmao
I think I should :biggrin:
I finished college 2 years ago this summer, all I can remember about school was yes we did get study leave in year 11 where we could study at home and come in just for exams.. we were the first year that they changed so that we had to wear uniform to come in. We got study leave for college too.
My school starts study leave on the 13th may for year 13 because the English lit. people are doing Pre U so their exams are quite early but mine don't start until the 6th of june so I'm worried I'm going to waste the time because I can't focus for 3 weeks solid
According to our chemistry teacher: even though our school says we don't get study leave, they let us just not come in eventually, however this only happens after half term, half way through exams :I
Luckily, got study leave from 11th may, exams start from 18th may (A levels). Got a month's too, so that's good
Original post by zXcodeXz
Only like when most of my exams are done

same, so pointless

Quick Reply

Latest